Recalled/Assigned: Jake Bean

DJB

Jan 6, 2009
twitter.com
What's going on with Bean this year? Is he on the team or likely back in the AHL?

Also how has his game grown?

Thanks guys!

Surrounded By Ahos

Las Vegas Desert Ducks Official Team Poster
Sponsor
May 24, 2008
Koko Miami
What's going on with Bean this year? Is he on the team or likely back in the AHL?

Also how has his game grown?

Thanks guys!
From what I understand he had a very good rookie season in the ahl. He’ll likely be back in charlotte since he’s got Slavin, Gardiner, Fleury, and Forlsing ahead of him on the left side.

Reactions: DJB and zman77

Cardiac Jerks

Asinine & immoral
Jan 13, 2006
Long Sault, Ontario
From what I understand he had a very good rookie season in the ahl. He’ll likely be back in charlotte since he’s got Slavin, Gardiner, Fleury, and Forlsing ahead of him on the left side.

I wouldn’t assume Fleury and Forsling are ahead of him. Bean brings something this team desperately needs that neither of those two offer. He could potentially help out our pp a great deal.

Lempo

Recovering Future Considerations Truther
Sponsor
Feb 23, 2014
Straight ahead a green light turns to red
Oh why can't you see oh Jakey Bean

NotOpie

"Puck don't lie"
Jun 12, 2006
North Carolina
I wouldn’t assume Fleury and Forsling are ahead of him. Bean brings something this team desperately needs that neither of those two offer. He could potentially help out our pp a great deal.

I know it is just one practice, but after watching all three of Bean, Forsling, and Fleury, Haydn was a clear order of magnitude better than the other two. I think Bean can and will be very good, but he doesn't have NHL confidence; it took him a 1/4 of the season last year to get that in the AHL. Forsling is a good skater, but he didn't look any better than McKeown, for instance....and actually, McKeown looked pretty good paired with Sellgren.

Reactions: Cardiac Jerks

Canes

Oct 31, 2017
An Oblate Spheroid
Bean's chance of making the team went down the Gardiner signing, IMO. And Fleury's went up when we traded CdH. Just from a player role perspective. But I still don't feel like the organization really thinks a lot of either at this point. I know you always want to add talent and depth to create competition but I think if the organization was higher on either of the two they probably would have brought in less options on the backend to give them more of a chance to prove themselves. Just my opinion though.

MinJaBen

Canes Sharks Boy
Sponsor
Dec 14, 2015
Durm
Bean's chance of making the team went down the Gardiner signing, IMO. And Fleury's went up when we traded CdH. Just from a player role perspective. But I still don't feel like the organization really thinks a lot of either at this point. I know you always want to add talent and depth to create competition but I think if the organization was higher on either of the two they probably would have brought in less options on the backend to give them more of a chance to prove themselves. Just my opinion though.
I disagree on that. I think with the high Aho cash outlay, the run last year, and the age of the guys in the room...that the front office just decided that "the window" is now open and they are doing everything they can to make sure there are no weaknesses at any position and try to get guys who improve any areas possible. If Bean or Fleury push themselves onto the team, great. If not, we won't have a hole where we were counting on them.

Canes

Oct 31, 2017
An Oblate Spheroid
I disagree on that. I think with the high Aho cash outlay, the run last year, and the age of the guys in the room...that the front office just decided that "the window" is now open and they are doing everything they can to make sure there are no weaknesses at any position and try to get guys who improve any areas possible. If Bean or Fleury push themselves onto the team, great. If not, we won't have a hole where we were counting on them.
That's sort of my point. If the team was higher on them and thought they were good or at least good enough, they wouldn't need to go out and get proven players. Other playoff teams haven't had any qualms about breaking in rookies once they were good enough, just look at the Bruins and McAvoy for one example. It just seems to me that the Canes aren't high on these two players, and that's fine with me. I'm not saying they're wrong if they aren't. And I'm not really saying they couldn't still be high on them either, it just seems that way to me.

Reactions: SaskCanesFan

NotOpie

"Puck don't lie"
Jun 12, 2006
North Carolina
That's sort of my point. If the team was higher on them and thought they were good or at least good enough, they wouldn't need to go out and get proven players.

My sense is that it is as simple as taking the proven route right now. It is just less risky. Sure one or more might become trade bait, but I believe that the team remains high on both.

Vagrant

The Czech Condor
Feb 27, 2002
North Carolina
Visit site
i still contend that there's something they're seeing or not seeing with bean that is fairly alarming at this stage of his development. between going out of their way to pursue priskie, drafting guys like fensore and honka, signing gardiner, and being rumored to be in on honka from dallas... you kind of have the writing on the wall there. bean was supposed to have the inside track of being the quarterback of this powerplay. when you compare him to his draft comparables in sergachev, mcavoy, chychrun, fabbro and cholowski, you can see how odd it is that a player of his pedigree and production isn't being considered for top 4 minutes when the rest of those guys clearly will be this season if they haven't already before. we're trying hand over fist to bring in players that can help the powerplay while this mid first round pick who just scored 44 points in the ahl in his rookie season is getting further pushed down the depth chart.

Reactions: Helsinki Hurricanes

vorbis

bunch of likes
Feb 9, 2013
YTZ
i still contend that there's something they're seeing or not seeing with bean that is fairly alarming at this stage of his development. between going out of their way to pursue priskie, drafting guys like fensore and honka, signing gardiner, and being rumored to be in on honka from dallas... you kind of have the writing on the wall there. bean was supposed to have the inside track of being the quarterback of this powerplay. when you compare him to his draft comparables in sergachev, mcavoy, chychrun, fabbro and cholowski, you can see how odd it is that a player of his pedigree and production isn't being considered for top 4 minutes when the rest of those guys clearly will be this season if they haven't already before. we're trying hand over fist to bring in players that can help the powerplay while this mid first round pick who just scored 44 points in the ahl in his rookie season is getting further pushed down the depth chart.
"It's our job to bring in players better than you, and it's your job to make that hard"--Tom Dundon, to his players last year

Ad

Upcoming events

• Gold Coast Suns @ Brisbane Lions
    Gold Coast Suns @ Brisbane Lions
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $36,790.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Cagliari vs Lecce
    Cagliari vs Lecce
    Wagers: 2
    Staked: $25.00