Confirmed with Link: Jake Allen Traded to MTL

GoldenSeal

Believe In The Note
Dec 1, 2013
Out West
I’m very happy for Jake. Guy is a class act and a real team-first guy and I seriously doubt would have stayed here as a career backup. Win-win for everyone.

I’d rather spend the time and effort to make Husso better than carry Jake. Allen, unlike Husso had the benefit of Brodeur being around who I feel helped his game. Husso needs someone like that.

Reactions: Ted Hoffman

TruBlu

Feb 7, 2016
I’m very happy for Jake. Guy is a class act and a real team-first guy and I seriously doubt would have stayed here as a career backup. Win-win for everyone.

I’d rather spend the time and effort to make Husso better than carry Jake. Allen, unlike Husso had the benefit of Brodeur being around who I feel helped his game. Husso needs someone like that.
Jake apparently doesn't need carrying unless he's in St. Louis. Unlike some other goalies....

TruBlu

Feb 7, 2016
Oh how the memory grows weak as we get older...

Allen, like always, will collapse. Watch.
I've not been paying much attention to Allen since Binny is our goalie now. I've noticed he's not really cutting it, so I happened to check on how he's doing. It's amazing how well he's done since leaving; meanwhile, we have a sinking goalie that this forum (and only this forum) is trying to protect.

GoldenSeal

Believe In The Note
Dec 1, 2013
Out West
I've not been paying much attention to Allen since Binny is our goalie now. I've noticed he's not really cutting it, so I happened to check on how he's doing. It's amazing how well he's done since leaving; meanwhile, we have a sinking goalie that this forum (and only this forum) is trying to protect.

On a badly injured team with small Dmen who lets the opposition through the lanes like they own the ice.

Not defending anyone, speaking the truth. Put ANY netminder in there right now and you're ASKING them to allow <1 goal a game. This team, with the loaded lines, can't even score more than 1 goal a game, maybe 2, RARELY 3. When your offense can't do that, expect to lose.

GoldenSeal

Believe In The Note
Dec 1, 2013
Out West

On a badly injured team with small Dmen who lets the opposition through the lanes like they own the ice?

Not defending anyone, speaking the truth. Put ANY netminder in there right now and you're ASKING them to allow <1 goal a game. This team, with the loaded top 2 lines, can't even score more than 1 goal a game, maybe 2, RARELY 3. When your offense can't do that, expect to lose.

TruBlu

Feb 7, 2016
On a badly injured team with small Dmen who lets the opposition through the lanes like they own the ice?

Not defending anyone, speaking the truth. Put ANY netminder in there right now and you're ASKING them to allow <1 goal a game. This team, with the loaded top 2 lines, can't even score more than 1 goal a game, maybe 2, RARELY 3. When your offense can't do that, expect to lose.
You mean a goalie playing a Mike Yeo system?

Reactions: GoldenSeal

TruBlu

Feb 7, 2016
Binny is learning what it's like to be a starter in the NHL now. Teams have hours of film on him now showing his weaknesses. He came in and no one knew how to play against him because they'd never had to square up with him. My main concern is that we just gave him 6 years? Anyone that had a problem with Allen getting the contract he did can't be happy with giving Binny 6 years....seriously? More money and term for less?....

WATTAGE4451

Jan 4, 2018

Why would t allen stay a career backup here? He upon being traded to montreal to backup price signed a 2 year extension to keep backing up price. Obviously he has no problem being a backup.

Ted Hoffman

The other Rick Zombo
Dec 15, 2002
It's amazing how you're going to great lengths to piss and moan about our currently goalie while being totally ignorant about how the goalie you're now praising was equally disastrous here, except we got to see that for years including him single-handedly backstopping us out of a playoff spot.

Good lord. Let's dig up a Dwayne Roloson thread and piss and whine about letting him walk endlessly while we're at it.

TruBlu

Feb 7, 2016
Except Allen cost less and signed for fewer years. The only justification for this I've found is that "Binny won a cup"...whatever that means....

TruBlu

Feb 7, 2016
It's amazing how you're going to great lengths to piss and moan about our currently goalie while being totally ignorant about how the goalie you're now praising was equally disastrous here, except we got to see that for years including him single-handedly backstopping us out of a playoff spot.

Good lord. Let's dig up a Dwayne Roloson thread and piss and whine about letting him walk endlessly while we're at it.
You need to go back and watch the entire week leading up to that. The entire team had a lot of blame on their shoulders.

Ted Hoffman

The other Rick Zombo
Dec 15, 2002
Why would t allen stay a career backup here? He upon being traded to montreal to backup price signed a 2 year extension to keep backing up price. Obviously he has no problem being a backup.
The plan going into '18-19 was to have Allen as the #1, Johnson as the backup and Husso as the eventual backup. Binnington wasn't anywhere in the plan. Obviously, we know what happened. Husso got a 1-year, 2-way deal that July and then got a 2-year deal in January where both years were 1-way. That right there signaled who was going to be the backup for this season and the next, even if Allen would have taken a paycut to be the backup here. DA had made his decision, it was just a matter of where Allen was going to get dealt.

We can question whether DA should have made that jump with Husso not being as consistent in the minors as he was in '17-18 - especially late - but once that decision was made, Allen's days were numbered barring a catastrophic breakdown in contract talks with Binnington or someone getting hurt. It's like every time someone [not pointing at you for this] brings up us losing Bishop: we can discuss whether we should have started the season with him or Elliott as the backup to Halak, but once Elliott was putting up a 1.56 GAA and .940 SV% and we were fighting for the top seed in the West, there was no way in hell Bishop was getting called up to log all the necessary playing time to keep him from walking as a Group VI UFA and our options were "trade him, get something" or "let him walk at season's end."

TruBlu

Feb 7, 2016
Husso never proved a thing. DA only resorted to him after he lost Allen trying to save cap to keep Petro. That's my opinion.

stl76

No. 5 in your programs, No. 1 in your hearts
Jul 2, 2015
Except Allen cost less and signed for fewer years. The only justification for this I've found is that "Binny won a cup"...whatever that means....
Whatever that means? :skeptic:

Husso never proved a thing. DA only resorted to him after he lost Allen trying to save cap to keep Petro. That's my opinion.
This is just factually incorrect. You're entitled to your own opinion, but not you own facts. Ted just pointed out how Husso signing a 2 year one way deal last January meant Allen was on the way out after last season.

TruBlu

Feb 7, 2016
Whatever that means? :skeptic:

This is just factually incorrect. You're entitled to your own opinion, but not you own facts. Ted just pointed out how Husso signing a 2 year one way deal last January meant Allen was on the way out after last season.
bahahahahaha

Ranksu

Crotch Academy ftw
Sponsor
Apr 28, 2014
Lapland
@TruBlu you miss

SLovRkyU.jpg

Reactions: Ted Hoffman

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad