Jagr Injured

Status
Not open for further replies.

FLYLine27*

BUCH
Nov 9, 2004
NY
Jaromir Jagr left the game halfway through the second period, after apparently breaking the pinkie on his left hand after a slash from German defenseman Stefan Schauer. The superstar winger was taken to a nearby hospital for further examination.

I cant remember a Ranger getting this type of injury...would he still be able to play with a broken pinky? If not any idea how long he would be out? :dunno:

Rogalo

Sep 9, 2004
Copenhagen
Belfast Giants said:
I would imagine if its well strapped up he should be able to play.

The problem is the finger is on the left hand and that it is broken not at the tip but in the middle part :( We will see if he will be able to play with it. He will definately try it, because he is back in Vienna now with the team. If he wont be able to play it would be a terrible blow for the Czech team :help:

nyrmessier011

Feb 9, 2005
Charlotte/NYC
FLYLine4LIFE said:
I cant remember a Ranger getting this type of injury...would he still be able to play with a broken pinky? If not any idea how long he would be out? :dunno:

come on, you can't actually want jagr on nyr when nhl comes back...at least i don't want the lazy bum on a team of hard working youth

Everest

Apr 19, 2005
If its broken "above the knuckle" he''ll likely be in a "wrist cast"...I've broken my pinky before...tried to get by for awhile without a cast...but it was quite painful. Really limits your ability to handle the stick (obviously) and if you neglect it like I did...it never heals right and you get a "perma-bend" like I have now.
Even if he plays...he won't be shooting/stickhandling...which is very sad. He was going to have a great tourney.

Habsfan 32

Aug 18, 2004
Way up north...
I think he could be able to play with it depending on where it is broken. I've played with alot of broken fingers but it's quite painful and shooting is a pain in the ass. I hope he can play because I think he was going to have a great tournament and put on a show like he used to do.

Olorin

Aug 23, 2002
Visit site
FLYLine4LIFE said:

Steve Larmer played with a broken finger...but Jagr and Larmer are slightly dissimilar players.

RorschachWJK

Dec 28, 2004
I broke a finger while playing beach volley a few years back. I was almost foolish enough to continue playing after getting ice on it for a while :) I was thinking that maybe it wasn't that bad. Reason prevailed in the end though and I went to the hospital to have it xrayed and so forth. No volleyball for like two months was the result :(

FLYLine27*

BUCH
Nov 9, 2004
NY
nyrmessier011 said:
come on, you can't actually want jagr on nyr when nhl comes back...at least i don't want the lazy bum on a team of hard working youth

Jagr brings excitment. Id rather have a 1st line prospect instead of him but we are stuck with him for a few years so I have learned to accept him as a Ranger and cheer for him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad