Jagr Hat Trick at age 42 [New NHL Record]

TheUnseenHand

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 5, 2010
What a beautiful hat trick to sum up how Jagr's been making it look easy for nearly a quarter century. Each goal showcased a different goal scoring talent from Jagr's bag of tricks.

@TGfireandice: Jaromir Jagr on how his tough-angle backhand shot went in for first goal of the night: "Talent."

@TGfireandice: Jaromir Jagr on how his third goal got in past Steve Mason: "Talent."

Mynameismark*

Jagr... never retire, pls. You are, like, the last idol player from my childhood. Only old enough to see you starting with the Caps, though :(

I remember playing street hockey in my teens and early teens always being Jagr and my buddy being Mario. Or vice versa. It's weird to me that my fave player is still around and still effective at this point in time. He was so dominant 20 years ago.

MoonDragn

Mar 28, 2007
Maryland

Trust me a lot of things went wrong for him in MTL and it wasnt the Habs Fault , Gomez seems to be the prefect fit for NJ , that's all

what went wrong is that Gomez was too slow for those teams. He's one of the fastest skaters on the Devils. That should tell you something.

Plural

Mar 10, 2011
Jaromir Jagr scored his first NHL Hat Trick 02-02-1991 at the ripe age of 18 years 352 days.

Almost immediately after that, he scored a NHL Hat Trick (and many in between) 01-03-2015 at bit more mature age of 42 years and 322 days.

There is almost 24 years in between of those Hat Tricks.

To make it sink in a bit, league veteran Steven Stamkos was less than a year old during Jagr's first hatty. Taylor Hall was not even conceive'd yet. Bill Clinton was still two years away from his first term as the POTUS.

Zirakzigil

Global Moderator
Jul 5, 2010
Canada
Congrats to him. Too bad he left for Europe, curious where he would finish record wise if he hadn't.

Plural

Mar 10, 2011
Congrats to him. Too bad he left for Europe, curious where he would finish record wise if he hadn't.

Jagr has said himself that playing in the KHL is what made his longer NHL career possible. His body needed to recover and the lighter schedule with less physicality is what made it possible. So without the KHL, we might not have Jagr playing today.

SenatorArmy*

Just amazing. A tremendous amount of impressiveness packed into one player. A glaring quantity of incredibleness. A truly astounding compilation of legendary epicness.

WarriorofTime

Jul 3, 2010
Jagr now has the same amount of goals as Babe Ruth had Home runs. 3 away from tying the great Phil Esposito.

Terry Yake

Aug 5, 2013
so remarkable seeing him play at this high level after all these years

please don't ever retire jagr. at this rate he could play 5-6 more seasons and still be productive. plus his retirement would mean that all the players from the 90s i grew up with would be out of the game

BillDineen

Former Flyer / Extinct Dinosaur Advisor
Aug 9, 2009
Happy for Jagr. One oldie the Flyers should have signed for longer.

Random Forest

May 12, 2010
He'd have a very real chance at 2000 points had he never gone to Russia.

Hell, I can still see him in the NHL at 46...he may still have a chance for 2000.

Mulletman

Feb 23, 2013
Jaromir Jagr scored his first NHL Hat Trick 02-02-1991 at the ripe age of 18 years 352 days.

Almost immediately after that, he scored a NHL Hat Trick (and many in between) 01-03-2015 at bit more mature age of 42 years and 322 days.

There is almost 24 years in between of those Hat Tricks.

To make it sink in a bit, league veteran Steven Stamkos was less than a year old during Jagr's first hatty. Taylor Hall was not even conceive'd yet. Bill Clinton was still two years away from his first term as the POTUS.

Selanne hadn't even entered the League when Jagr scored his first hat trick and now he's been retired for over 6 months already. :laugh:

Nov 1, 2011
He'd have a very real chance at 2000 points had he never gone to Russia.

Hell, I can still see him in the NHL at 46...he may still have a chance for 2000.

I was just thinking that looking at his stats on HockeyDB.

If Jagr had 2,000+ NHL points would his legacy be on the same level as Mario?

Dessloch

DOPS keeping NHL players unsafe like its their job
Nov 29, 2005
Just amazing. A tremendous amount of impressiveness packed into one player. A glaring quantity of incredibleness. A truly astounding compilation of legendary epicness.

Well said and well done Jagr :handclap:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad