Jagr and HC Kladno

Kranix

Deranged Homer
Jun 27, 2012
Looks like he's injured, wants to get back in the lineup soon.

maclean

Jan 4, 2014
Yeah, he hasn't played yet this year, I'd be sceptical if he ever will, but theoretically it's something he's working towards. In general, Kladno isn't doing badly, currently at 5th, but isn't battling for the top of the league the way they have been the last couple years, with Motor and Jihlava with a good little jump on the pack of teams Kladno is in.

maclean

Jan 4, 2014
Plekanec at least is going to play a few games with Kladno before deciding which Extraliga team he will grace with his skills

patnyrnyg

Sep 16, 2004
Jagr playing yet? Going to be in Czech Republic in February and saw Kladno has a home game while I am visiting.

Albatros

Aug 19, 2017
Ostsee
Would anyone post pics of Jagr so far in the2018-19 season?

TEN797587_174119_3083489_1.jpg

TEN7975de_185028_2965495_1.jpg

TEN7975e1_185226_3138468_1.jpg

Albatros

Aug 19, 2017
Ostsee
Oh no, credit goes to Mr. Alexandr Satinský, as can be expected Jágr has been well-followed by photographers.

TEN7975df_185032_2750434_1.jpg

There are also a couple of short clips of him on the ice:

Reactions: Kranix

patnyrnyg

Sep 16, 2004
Damn it. When we saw he wasn't playing, we didn't bother going. Did go to the Sparta-Dukla soccer game and Sparta-Olomouc hockey game while there.

Reindl87

May 18, 2012
So Jagr is actually playing really well right now, right?! I must admit i don't fully understand the systen they have in this league. Could someone explain how exactly things are Standing right now?

Albatros

Aug 19, 2017
Ostsee
Instead of finals they play for promotion with the worst two Extraliga teams. Everyone plays everyone twice both home and away. Pardubice seems sure to stay up, and Kladno has a good chance to take the second spot after winning the main rivals Chomutov yesterday.

According to what I've seen Jágr is starting to look past it and relies on playing with Plekanec to some extent. Not that he's embarrassing himself or anything, but I think he doesn't have what it takes to play in the Extraliga next season anymore if they do win promotion. A couple of games for a lap of honor before retirement and that's it.

maclean

Jan 4, 2014
So Jagr is actually playing really well right now, right?! I must admit i don't fully understand the systen they have in this league. Could someone explain how exactly things are Standing right now?

In the second league (called the 1st league) they have playoffs and in the top league (Extraliga) the bottom teams have a "play-out". The two winning teams of the 1st league playoffs play the two worst teams of the Extraliga play-out. This is the first time Kladno has made this stage in the past couple of years and it seems clear that Jágr's main drive is getting the team back into the top league. Plekanec was actually splitting his time between playing some games for Kladno and some for Extraliga team Kometa Brno, but now he is focussed on getting Kladno back up. Kladno and Motor Č. Budějovice are the two teams trying to move up and Pardubice and Chomutov the teams trying to avoid relegation.

Last night Kladno gave Pardubice their first loss, coming back from being 1:0 down to win 4:1. Kladno started off with two losses but since seem to have found their stride. After last night's games the table is:

#TeamGPWOTWOTLLGDPTS
1HC Dynamo Pardubice6500126:915
2Rytíři Kladno6400214:1412
3Piráti Chomutov6201311:217
4ČEZ Motor České Budějovice6010512:192
[TBODY] [/TBODY]

Reindl87

May 18, 2012
Oh thanks a lot guys!
I really hope Kladno makes it and Jagr plays a final Extra Liga Games. I go to Pilsen once in a while for Extra Leauge games. Would be just to awesome to see Jagr there.

maclean

Jan 4, 2014
Though Kladno clinched on the road on Friday, yesterday they had their last home game so they used it to celebrate promotion with the fans. Set up a fanzone outside the stadium and then the fans could all come on the ice to celebrate after the game was over. (They ended up losing 2-1 in OT despite leading 1-0 most of the game, but it wasn't really important.) They have one more game away but will probably send the juniors to it. Hard to say at this point whether Jagr will be playing next year, he probably doesn't know himself yet and his bigger task will be putting together a team that can actually compete in the Extraliga.

Theokritos

Global Moderator
Apr 6, 2010
Though Kladno clinched on the road on Friday, yesterday they had their last home game so they used it to celebrate promotion with the fans. Set up a fanzone outside the stadium and then the fans could all come on the ice to celebrate after the game was over. (They ended up losing 2-1 in OT despite leading 1-0 most of the game, but it wasn't really important.) They have one more game away but will probably send the juniors to it. Hard to say at this point whether Jagr will be playing next year, he probably doesn't know himself yet and his bigger task will be putting together a team that can actually compete in the Extraliga.

Two years later, Kladno is up again and Jágr announced he will play another season in the Czech Extraliga.

Reactions: maclean

maclean

Jan 4, 2014
Two years later, Kladno is up again and Jágr announced he will play another season in the Czech Extraliga.

Yep, was quite a crazy series with the away team winning every game up until Game 7 in Kladno, which also happened to be the first and only game fans were allowed to attend (limited to 250 people with a fresh negative PCR test, no refreshments, respirators worn, fans distanced from each other). Obviously Jihlava wasn't overjoyed that the key final was going to have fans when previous games hadn't, but the fact is the epidemiological situation had been improving and the Extraliga had already had games with a limited number of fans.

Now they will have to see if they can assemble a squad capable of competing in the top league, which has always posed a slight problem. First game is 10 September.

Edit: Just wanted to add that the system has changed since the previous posts, with no play-offs taking place between the bottom Extraliga teams and top 1.liga teams, promotion and demotion took place directly this year, like in football.

Last edited:

Czechboy

Easy schedules rule!
Apr 15, 2018
Funny to read the posts from 2 years ago saying he probably won't be good enough for the extraliga...

2 years later and he's got 8 points in 10 games. He's not human.

Reactions: Eye of Ra

Kranix

Deranged Homer
Jun 27, 2012
Plekanec looks like a great addition this season after a year off. Leading the team in scoring. Jagr 15 points in 20 games so far.

Reactions: Czechboy

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad