Jagr a Devil Part II: May be an Alien Edition

Jagermeister*

He has 3 points in 2 games since Camm returned.

He scored 67 points last year, so it's not like 60-70 points is unrealistic.

Given how bad Zajac has been and that Camm missed 6 games, I think Jagr's production is as good or better than most expected.

idk, he is getting old. Age has a huge affect going into your 40s.

Sheros expletives

Jan 9, 2014
Zajac would have like 5 more goals atleast if Jagr could not loose the puck at the blue line atleast sometimes

Well maybe not cause you know Zajac's gonna Zajac, but Jagr still needs to step up his game :nod:

mailo

Feb 3, 2014
Zajac would have like 5 more goals atleast if Jagr could not loose the puck at the blue line atleast sometimes

Well maybe not cause you know Zajac's gonna Zajac, but Jagr still needs to step up his game :nod:

I agree, but he is only one on his line who can carry puck well, sadly his best passes somehow end on Zajac's stick and not Cammy's

GhostofKenKlee

I think the next 20 should be interesting in terms of what the top line generates offensively. Coupled with Elias/Havlat and the return of Adam. This team offensively will be better than most give them credit for. Add in the offense from the backline.

Dessloch

DOPS keeping NHL players unsafe like its their job
Nov 29, 2005
Is Jagr really sick with the FLU or is he concussed BIG TIME after the Bortuzzo hit? I lean towards the latter...big blow to the head!

Last edited:

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
We'll find out soon enough. If he misses more than like a week then there's something beyond the flu going on (unless it's the mumps that seem to be going around the league). I still don't think they're lying about 'this' one although it's understandable why people are skeptical - both because of the hit putting him out for the rest of the game and because Lou's generally been less than honest about injury severitys and timetables.

Richer's Ghost

Bourbonite
Apr 19, 2007
photoshop labor camp somewhere in MN
Lou would have played the concussion up in the media to get a longer suspension if that's what it was. The fact the hearing was scheduled so fast and the update on Jagr came out even faster makes me thing everything is above board. Plus players with concussions don't fly with the team the next day do they?

Dessloch

DOPS keeping NHL players unsafe like its their job
Nov 29, 2005
Lou would have played the concussion up in the media to get a longer suspension if that's what it was. The fact the hearing was scheduled so fast and the update on Jagr came out even faster makes me thing everything is above board. Plus players with concussions don't fly with the team the next day do they?

Sidney Crosby did fly with the Penguins to Montreal in 2010 after having 2 concussions in 3 days, but the Devils medical staff is not that inept, are they?

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007

If you want to be a conspiracy theorist you could claim Lou was in fact honest with the league, just not honest publicly about what he told to the league.

jagrgodr

Sep 24, 2006
a couple of good articles the last few days.

16523778-mmmain.jpg

RALEIGH, N.C. — Jaromir Jagr will play his 1,500th NHL game Monday night when the Devils face the Carolina Hurricanes at PNC Arena, but he will admittedly not be at full strength.

http://www.nj.com/devils/index.ssf/...ts_on_his_1500th_nhl_game_and_his_health.html

Among Jaromír Jágr’s greatest attributes as a hockey player is his ability to create that space.

When he was younger Jágr didn’t create space, he took it– by force. When his power as a skater combined with his incredible reach, he could take whatever space he needed from whomever he wanted. In this way Jágr was, as sportswriter Michael Farber accurately described him, a self-reliant hockey player. Now at 42 he asserts this quality less often. While that aspect of his game has changed, another aspect, one equally as effective at finding space, has not changed. As Glenn Healy noted, Jágr likes to hold on to the puck:

He won’t give it up until there is absolutely no other play, which isn’t often, because he has the ability to make something out of nothing, even a one-on-three.

http://thehockeywriters.com/jaromir-jagr-spacemaker/

In the 1,500th game of his NHL career, Jagr scored his 710th goal and assisted on Adam Henrique’s power play goal. The two points moved Jagr past Marcel Dionne into sole possession of 5th place on the all-time scoring list with 1,772 points.

“I didn’t feel very well. I talked to the coach before the game. At 4 o’clock I saw him and I told him, ‘Don’t play me a lot. I don’t feel very well. No energy,’ ” Jagr acknowledged.

“With one hour to go, I started to feel more excited about the game. The last few days I was kind of sad with no energy.”

http://www.nj.com/devils/index.ssf/...s_coach_pete_deboer_before_his_big_night.html

Hockey Sports Fan

Registered Loser
Sponsor
Jun 30, 2010
Connecticut
The NHL has apparently hired a company that's been doing tracking of games by hand. According to that data (which we know nothing about and can't vouch for in any way), Jagr is the #1 forward in the entire league when it comes to time spent possessing the puck.

B4a_XD8IUAA4B9d.jpg

livewell68

Jul 20, 2007
The NHL has apparently hired a company that's been doing tracking of games by hand. According to that data (which we know nothing about and can't vouch for in any way), Jagr is the #1 forward in the entire league when it comes to time spent possessing the puck.

B4a_XD8IUAA4B9d.jpg

Yet according to some Devils fans, Jagr has sucked apparently and has been a turnover machine.

I guess him not having the same numbers he did last season has nothing to do with playing with Zajac for a large portion of the season.

:shakehead

JimEIV

Feb 19, 2003
Yet according to some Devils fans, Jagr has sucked apparently and has been a turnover machine.

I guess him not having the same numbers he did last season has nothing to do with playing with Zajac for a large portion of the season.

:shakehead

Wait...What? In this very thread you claimed Jagr didn't score more last year because he didn't get paired with Zajac soon enough and that he should have 80 points playing Zajac from the start....Now Zajac is SLOWING Jagr down?

Come on!

Jagr is done. He is so incredibly slow it is embarrassing to watch, it is almost a joke at this point.

DenisSamson3

Sep 13, 2007
Wait...What? In this very thread you claimed Jagr didn't score more last year because he didn't get paired with Zajac soon enough and that he should have 80 points playing Zajac from the start....Now Zajac is SLOWING Jagr down?

Come on!

Jagr is done. He is so incredibly slow it is embarrassing to watch, it is almost a joke at this point.

Jim he might be slowing down but he isn't done yet. Even on the New York Islanders thread they opened up a new thread for trading for Jagr and Zidlicky. Other teams boards also have a thread dedicated to that, and also the trade forums. He probably is one of the most sought after players on the Devils. Im sure some team would pick him up. People were saying Brodeur is done around here also. We will see how he plays the rest of the season.

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
Jagr can't carry a line anymore, it's amazing he did it last year. But he could still be a useful player if you put him with actual hockey talent in a lesser role.

Feed Me A Stray Cat

Mar 27, 2005
Boston, MA

Come on!

Jagr is done?

He has 20 points in 31 games and is first on our team in relative Corsi.

The guy hasn't been as beastly as he was last year, but he's still a very good top six player.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->