Signing(s): Jadeveon Clowney signs with the Ravens (1 year, $6 million)

Voight

#winning
Feb 8, 2012
Mulberry Street
Clowneys had one helluva rollercoaster of a career.

2nd team AP his third season (only started two games his rookie year so really this was his 2nd season). Follows that up with back to back 9 sack seasons, doesn't play well in Seattle/Tennessee then has a great first year in Cleveland before falling off (or I suppose quitting on them) again.

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
Never got a long term deal due to the Lisac fracture he was suffered on his rookie deal.

$22 mill on 4 year rookie deal. $16 mill 5th year option. $13 mill with Ten, $8 mill with Clev and again with Cle for $10 mill. Now $8 mill with Baltimore. $80 mill in career earnings over 8 seasons, with only 1 year deals for the past 4 seasons, 5 upcoming.

Troy McClure

Suter will never be scratched
Mar 12, 2002
South of Heaven
Clowney also kept waiting until late in free agency to sign each of these deals. I don't know if he does so partly to skip off season workouts.

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
Clowney also kept waiting until late in free agency to sign each of these deals. I don't know if he does so partly to skip off season workouts.
That, or he's not regarded as good enough to spend money on at the start of free agency. He could also be holding out hope for a larger or better deal or better team.

But, he could also be looking to avoid training camp and getting hurt until his contract is vested as a veteran.

He plays a premium position, so he's been able to still get like $58 mill since his 4 year rookie deal of $22 mill. That wouldn't happen with a RB, LB, S, OG, etc. on 1 year deals.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
It's the same a Ngakoue, except Clowney is less versatile, and will mail it in. He's either getting to the QB or he's useless, pay him just enough to make people have to account for him.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad