Jaden Schwartz only 5 goals this season

LGB

Feb 4, 2019
4.2 S%, just can't buy a goal this year. Other than the inability to finish I'd say he's played well this year, and he could probably have a bit more production at this point if he didn't end up stuck on a line with Bozak and Steen.

Reactions: DominicBoltsFan

TheBluePenguin

Apr 15, 2015
St Louis
He was on a Liane level slump, he has 2 goals in the last few games though and we are hoping that he has broke out of it. 2 of those 5 are empty netters btw. His game has been off this year. At the beginning of the year when the entire team was bad he couldn't do anything right, last 15-20 games he had played much better but could not buy a goal, missed multiple empty netters and so on but his overall play was pretty decent.

Reactions: Fixxer

TheGoldenGod

5 Star Man
Nov 8, 2017
Incredibly snake bitten. Definitely hasn't played his best hockey but he's still generating/creating chances and he's player that contributes in other ways. They'll eventually start going in for him.

Aug 3, 2010
I'm incredibly disappointed in two ways:

Jaden Schwartz doesn't have negative 5 goals, and
OP's total lack of grammatical sensibility/clickbait title.

ChillWill1

Nov 28, 2017
What's happening with him ? Only 5 goals this season is he playing well ?
He’s still a great player for us and he still gives it 110% every shift and every night. Jaden is doing everything right. His defensive game is still strong and he still wins board battles. He’s practically carrying the second line with Bozak and Steen (obviously guys that aren’t as skilled as him).
The goals will eventually come. He needs to build that confidence back that’s all. I feel like he’s gonna breakout in the playoffs. You need those pesky scrappy type players like Jaden Schwartz in the playoffs. Once Perron comes back I would love to see him with Jaden Schwartz and Robert Thomas.

Schwartz-Thomas-Perron could be a lethal 2nd line.

Last edited:
Reactions: golgoXIII

tony d

Jun 23, 2007
Behind A Tree
Like the rest of the Blues it took him a while to get things going. The Blues are playing great hockey as of late, let's see if Schwartz can get it going again.

Hellraising Senator

Feb 15, 2017
Thanks for jinx thread. I will now go pick him up on waivers for my fantasy team and take in the points he is about to throw up

FeatherHead

Oct 5, 2017
Five goals isn’t bad. Laine hasn’t scored five goals total in Christ knows how many games. Subtract his hat tricks and 5 goal game, and he’s been positively anemic.

Jmo89

Mar 21, 2010
He was on a Liane level slump, he has 2 goals in the last few games though and we are hoping that he has broke out of it. 2 of those 5 are empty netters btw. His game has been off this year. At the beginning of the year when the entire team was bad he couldn't do anything right, last 15-20 games he had played much better but could not buy a goal, missed multiple empty netters and so on but his overall play was pretty decent.

Don't worry, the Leafs love to be slump busters. Incoming hattrick tonight. :laugh:

golgoXIII

Apr 2, 2007
He’s still a great player for us and he still gives it 110% every shift and every night. Jaden is doing everything right. His defensive game is still strong and he still wins board battles. He’s practically carrying the second line with Bozak and Steen (obviously guys that aren’t as skilled as him).
The goals will eventually come. He needs to build that confidence back that’s all. I feel like he’s gonna breakout in the playoffs. You need those pesky scrappy type players like Jaden Schwartz in the playoffs. Once Perron comes back I would love to see him with Jaden Schwartz and Robert Thomas.

Schwartz-Thomas-Perron could be a lethal 2nd line.

Thank a lot for the info ... i realy like Schwartz but have not see him play this year

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->