Jaden Schwartz - Going pro in 2011-12?

stupendousman

Jun 25, 2008
Richmond, BC
Let him take his time in college. I think that Kyle Turris would be a cautionary tale for the St. Louis Blues about rushing a prospect too quickly after a good rookie campaign.

Barklez

Bednar Fanboy
Mar 27, 2011
BC
I was only able to watch Jaden play four games this year, but this is what I was going to say. He was actually more physical on the forecheck than I expected, but he gets pushed around easily on the boards. He doesn't seem all that fast to me, but great hockey sense to make up for it. I'd say he's no bigger than 180 lbs.

I would even say 180 is about the max that he weighs. As stated, the CC site has him listed much lighter than the 192 or whatever posted above. That is what the CC site has Rylan posted at, and that I can believe. The last time I saw either of them in person I would've put Rylan in the 185-190 range and Jaden more around 175. Rylan is a whole lot more solid than Jaden is and they are basically the same height.

As for how the loss would affect him... I'm on the other end of the spectrum. The two brothers only played together for one year in the SJ and one in college, no? I know he always used his sister's strength as motivation. I think if anything he would push himself harder to go pro next year in light of recent events.

jmwc95

Jul 12, 2007
I watched him at the regional finals from the down near ice level, and he seemed very small, not even 5'10". He was probably the 3rd smallest guy standing at the blueline for CC and Michigan's team pretty much dwarfed CC. Except the goalie, that is. Who is Michigan's goalie? He couldn't have been any taller than 5'4". The crossbar was at his shoulderblade level. He looked like a squirt out there.

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
I watched him at the regional finals from the down near ice level, and he seemed very small, not even 5'10". He was probably the 3rd smallest guy standing at the blueline for CC and Michigan's team pretty much dwarfed CC. Except the goalie, that is. Who is Michigan's goalie? He couldn't have been any taller than 5'4". The crossbar was at his shoulderblade level. He looked like a squirt out there.

That is Matt *Bourque can't touch this* Hunwick's brother. :laugh:

TeamCropDusters

Jan 1, 2012
Texas
He has reportedly signed an entry level contract (3 yrs. 700k\250k in AHL) and is supposedly going to join the Blues immediately...

He reminds me a lot of Patrick Kane... maybe not as high end of a player but the same skill set nonetheless.

His brother could sign with the Blues as an undrafted FA as well...

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad