Jacques Martin

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
Someone once told me he was a motivational speaker... I couldn't help but laugh. .. This person had no idea what I was laughing at... I mean ... Dry doesn't cover it .. He's a good coach but boring as hell to listen to

Yak

Jun 30, 2009
Los Angeles
www.androidheadlines.com
A rookie coach is just going to be another PR Dorion and Melynk puppet who will get canned after Empty Pockets Mylnek has too many drinks.

With Martin I don't feel that would be the case. He would bring in some vetran leadership and great experience with his year with the Penguins and history with the Sens. It could be his last shot at a HC job.

For same reasons I don't seem JM a ass kisser or a puppet like EM and PR Dork want. I don't think we can afford another rookie coach mistake and JM would bring stability at least to the coaching position. I thought we would have been a great candidate before the Boucher hiring.

Now will it happen who knows.

However I think the league is going to get more involved in this circus show, it's a embarrassment to the league and the NHL and bad for business. Gary is all business and knows when is time to intervene.

Cheapseats

Cigars N F-Bombs
Mar 2, 2004
Martin would make this team even more boring to watch. But that’s aside from the point EM wouldn’t pay up for experienced talent. Look for some questionable rookie propped up by th typical BS that spews out of Dorions pie hole..cause cheap

Silencio

Nov 6, 2006
Toronto
From Chris Stevenson's latest Athletic article:

Martin makes for some intriguing speculation. An assistant coach and two-time Stanley Cup winner with the Pittsburgh Penguins, he’d be open to the idea of returning to the Senators, I’ve been told. The team enjoyed a period of Unparalleled Success™ during his years (1996-2004) behind the Senators’ bench.

Reactions: Icelevel

Samboni

Jan 26, 2014
Jacques would be my first choice, but PD views the world through a kaleidoscope, so I’m not holding my breath.

thinkwild

Veni Vidi Toga
Jul 29, 2003
Ottawa
Make Ottawa great again. :) Guess most of us now see Jacques' time here as good development, but it sure didnt feel that way at the time. Stop looking up at the clock!

Daffy

Jun 10, 2010
Hiring Jacques and going back to the original 2D jerseys would be a very good start to getting some fans back on board. The fans need a bone. Will Melnyk throw one?

Reactions: Icelevel

h2

Mar 26, 2002
Martin was continuously outcoached in the playoffs by Burns/Quinn/etc. He'd be good to help prepare the core for an eventual run in a teaching capacity, but I don't have confidence in much more. Maybe he's learned from the past? I'm open to the idea I suppose.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->