Player Discussion Jacob Trouba

huerter

Aug 16, 2020
Al's Brother's top 7 dmen in Canada (this season)

1. Nurse
2. Petry
3. Muzzin
4. Weber
5. Pionk
6. Rielly
7. Hughes

Harbour Dog

Jul 16, 2015
St. John's
I think the most frustrating part about hearing about the Pionk's and Stuetzle's of the world is that we don't actually get to play them this year.

They're putting up great numbers in the North division? Okay, let's see how it translates against the rest of the league.

FWIW, I think Pionk is legit a very good player now, but his numbers are getting a hell of a boost because of the complete ass teams he gets to see multiple times a week.

Reactions: LionsHeart

LionsHeart

Mar 25, 2009
Queens, NY
I think the most frustrating part about hearing about the Pionk's and Stuetzle's of the world is that we don't actually get to play them this year.

They're putting up great numbers in the North division? Okay, let's see how it translates against the rest of the league.

FWIW, I think Pionk is legit a very good player now, but his numbers are getting a hell of a boost because of the complete ass teams he gets to see multiple times a week.

I don’t think enough people are taking into account just how much of a grind this division is. Top to Bottom this is a brutal division. Even the bad teams have talent. There’s no chance to go and beat up on inferior teams to get going.

Its a great measuring stick to see how we match up against better teams, but it’s very difficult to thrive.

Chytilmania

Dec 31, 2017
I don’t think enough people are taking into account just how much of a grind this division is. Top to Bottom this is a brutal division. Even the bad teams have talent. There’s no chance to go and beat up on inferior teams to get going.

Its a great measuring stick to see how we match up against better teams, but it’s very difficult to thrive.
Which is why I'm really excited for next year. The kids will be more experienced and the ice will open up against the other divisions.

huerter

Aug 16, 2020
It's much riskier holding on to him than getting rid of him, if possible. And if his contract is appropriate then it should be possible. Then replace him with someone who fits financially and can help stabilize the group. A Kevin Klein type. Ian Cole, Joel Edmundson, etc.

Gorton, if you're reading this...my services are available. +18 Joel Edmundson how are ya? +10 in 16 games Ian Cole HOW ARE YA? Jacob Trouba, get serious.

HockeyBasedNYC

Feeling it
Aug 2, 2005
Here
Trouba is like “enough already it’s healed, I’m going out”.

Would be good to have him back. Solidify things even more.

Lindgren Fox
Miller Trouba
Hajek Smith

Reactions: egelband

jay from jersey

Jan 30, 2008
Gorton, if you're reading this...my services are available. +18 Joel Edmundson how are ya? +10 in 16 games Ian Cole HOW ARE YA? Jacob Trouba, get serious.
If any of those guys could move the puck as well as trouba while providing tough D they’d have larger contracts themselves

Leetch3

Jul 14, 2009
Imagine being that delusional. But then again that guy has been quoting his own posts, having a conversation with himself

he's talking to the only person that takes him seriously

aufheben

#Norris4Fox
Jan 31, 2013
New Jersey
I was profoundly shocked by this:

upload_2021-4-9_18-13-20.png

Riche16

McCready guitar god
Aug 13, 2008
The Dreaded Middle
His game lately has been great... heavy hits but not going out of his way to clobber anyone, simple game, simple passes... he rang the pipe with his shot last night... if he can keep that up I'm ok with the contract.

This is what I expected of him when we traded for him honestly. Not flashy... not crazy offense... just solid minute eater w an edge

Off Sides

Sep 8, 2008
Since I do not often get to say nice things about Trouba, he has been good the last 2 games in a row.

I don't care that some of his shots miss the net, just makes for fun game thread jokes. Keep the pinches and passes smart and he is a good player.

Reactions: SnowblindNYR

Filthy Dangles

Registered User*
Oct 23, 2014
Trouba's kinda of an enigma.

I know he was pretty good past couple games and I don't wanna be a negative nancy but still think he's a problem long term.

This is a player who was thought of as being or close to being a #1d/Cornerstone player for a pretty long time. That obviously is no longer the case. He's obviously solid, not some disaster or liability out there but he doesn't really come close to making enough plays on either side of the ice to justify what he's paid, for me.

He just kind of eats minutes, will get running around too much, and isn't going to make a play that can swing a game like Adam Fox and most other guys who get 8M plus do.

Obviously now with the emergence of Fox, I think the Rangers would take the mulligan on him if they could. I hope and want to be wrong and that this looks like a dumb post in a few years but I doubt it.

Reactions: KirkAlbuquerque

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad