Player Discussion Jacob Trouba

TheFuture06

Sep 14, 2019
Do your heels hurt from all the back peddling?

You started out saying he was a good D, but not a team guy. Then you went to potential, then hype and finally injuries. To this point, you still haven’t supported how he isn’t a team guy.

He hit 50 last year because he had opportunity. The opportunity that he was looking for after his ELC. I’ll take players that want to push themselves to be the best they can be, over guys that just accept a role to be in the league, every day of the week.
I did say in my second post that this was information that I heard from the fan base and that is what I am going by. I am going to end this here and just wish all you Rangers fans a good season a hopefully Jacob Trouba will provide everything you want out of a top D. Good Luck with your season.

eco's bones

Jul 21, 2005
Elmira NY
I too enjoy turning 8th graders into my intellectual foes.

I'd give her a break to be honest.

Trouba is better than any RD we've had in a long time. Will he f*** up sometimes?---yeah, it's the nature of the position. He can play in all situations--looking at our RD last year--Shatty, Pionk, DeAngelo and McQuaid--the only one who played in all situations was Pionk and he was way over his head in a lot of the situations the coaching staff put him in. What Trouba gives us is a guy who can play all situations and not be over his head in any of them. I like the physical game that Trouba has as well--it's needed. He's a guy who's not great at anything but does everything well. Does he have a problem with his teammates?--I don't know but I suspect not. Him and Skjei have been buddies for a long time--if there were real red flags I think the Rangers would know about them just from asking Brady.

Fugazy

Brick by Brick
Jun 1, 2014
New York
upload_2019-10-3_22-17-44.gif

Inferno

Nov 27, 2005
Atlanta, GA
This guy is elite - feels good to have one of these on our team for once.
Elite is tough to say after 1 game.

But man..he was so fun to watch. Big guy, throwing his weight around...just doing everything right out there. Good gap control too...every other defenseman had horrendous gaps all night long. Either mile long, or far too close.

Ghost of jas

Unsatisfied
Feb 27, 2002
NJ
Russ Cohen, a contributor on NHL Network Radio is of the opinion that Trouba has another level he can get to.

Levitate

Jul 29, 2004
Will be interesting to see if he can sustain his play over the season. Pretty good start. No one plays
Perfect but overall pretty nice

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->