Player Discussion Jacob Trouba

Chytilmania

Dec 31, 2017
They traded Stepan and McD as well as Skjei, what makes Trouba so special?
Stepan looks like a bag of milk, guy drinks every night and doesn't take care of himself. Most of us knew his career was on the down swing. McD, one of my favorite Rangers ever, would have been a Staal or Girardi situation. Pay big money and give too many years while his body most likely breaks down. Skjei helped clear us some cap space and we got a 1st.
I believe Trouba said he had trouble getting used to a new situation and is now more comfortable. His best hockey is likely ahead of him. Not sure why everyone is dying to get rid of him especially when we lack size and physicality.

I remember before the trade how every single person on this board or that hosted a podcast was obsessed with Trouba and then as soon as we get him they don't want him. Once Staal, Smith and Hank are off the books I don't think anyone is complaining about him.

Reactions: RangersFan1994

Kakko Schmakko

Feb 24, 2018
Stepan looks like a bag of milk, guy drinks every night and doesn't take care of himself. Most of us knew his career was on the down swing. McD, one of my favorite Rangers ever, would have been a Staal or Girardi situation. Pay big money and give too many years while his body most likely breaks down. Skjei helped clear us some cap space and we got a 1st.
I believe Trouba said he had trouble getting used to a new situation and is now more comfortable. His best hockey is likely ahead of him. Not sure why everyone is dying to get rid of him especially when we lack size and physicality.

I remember before the trade how every single person on this board or that hosted a podcast was obsessed with Trouba and then as soon as we get him they don't want him. Once Staal, Smith and Hank are off the books I don't think anyone is complaining about him.

2 reasons: He makes a lot of unusually bad mistakes defensively and his cap hit and contract are too big for my comfort level, I would rather take a 1st rounder for him and play Smith on RD.

This is first time I hear that Stepan drinks every night and doesn't take care of himself.

GoAwayPanarin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 27, 2008
In High Altitoad
You could argue he was 3rd behind DeAngelo this season

DeAngelo and Fox are a clear 1-2 on our team if we're talking about overall play this season. DeAngelo had to carry around a flattened traffic cone all season.

I think you could argue that Lindgren had a better season as well but theres a big difference between being paired with Fox and being paired with Skjei/Smith or Staal. At the very least he was MUCH better on the PK than Trouba, and that is without Fox.

lemonybergamot

Jun 2, 2018
New York City
2 reasons: He makes a lot of unusually bad mistakes defensively and his cap hit and contract are too big for my comfort level, I would rather take a 1st rounder for him and play Smith on RD.

This is first time I hear that Stepan drinks every night and doesn't take care of himself.

Yea, can the OP expand on that? Always thought Stepan was/is the ultimate pro.

EdJovanovski

#RempeForCalder
Apr 26, 2016
The Rempire State

I laughed out loud at this :laugh:

Thirty One

Safe is safe.
Dec 28, 2003
I believe the correct answer is nothing. If he screws up plenty of times in these playoffs (keep an eye on him I have a feeling he will) then Rangers need to move him before the NMC kicks in. Don't forget Smith can play RD without any issues.
Ok.

Thirty One

Safe is safe.
Dec 28, 2003
Stepan on Spitting Chiclets makes it clear he’s not a fitness freak by any stretch.

Shesterkybomb

Dec 30, 2016
We need Trouba, we don't have another dman who can punish players with that much size. I'm not saying he is worth his contract right now but his size is going to be important in the playoffs. I dont see him going anywhere.

Reactions: Chytilmania

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->