Player Discussion Jacob Trouba

Machinehead

GoAwayKakko
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
Completely disagree. Larry needs to get over his Hayes mancrush
I don't disagree with you.

That said, Rangers fans need to get over their RD mancrush. They're not nearly as inherently special as we've told ourselves.

Edge

Kris King's Ghost
Mar 1, 2002
Amish Paradise
Completely disagree. Larry needs to get over his Hayes mancrush

It really is almost comical.

And yet if Hayes was posting 22 points at this point, as our second line center we would NOT be happy about it. And good old Uncle Larry would make that the focus of his article. In fact I can almost write the piece for him:

1. The Rangers need more from Hayes and they have him for another half-dozen years.

2. Trouba is the answer and the Rangers need to make him an off-season priority.

Raspewtin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 30, 2013
He's not wrong on the PP first unit either....we don't have any threat from the point on PP1.....he may shoot wide a lot, but he's the best PP QB1 option we have
shooting wide a lot is a surefire way to make sure your PP will be worse.

SA16

Sixstring
Aug 25, 2006
Long Island
Shooting at ALL from the point is a sure way to make sure your PP will be worse. Trouba may or may not have the ability to run a good PP but unless the coaches tell him to completely stop with the useless long range point shots he won't. He's good at the left circle on the PP though.

mulli25

Jun 25, 2008
NJ
Absolute hilarity to think this team would be better off with Hayes and that contract

I think we'd all like to see a little more out of Trouba, but i feel infinitely better about having him for the length of his contract than Hayes.

Leonardo87

New York Rangers, Anaheim Ducks, and TMNT fan.
Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
I really have no issues with Jacob "The Tuba" Trouba. He is in a new system which is under Lindy Ruff, and that is Ruff. So will give him the benefit of the doubt in adjusting. I think with Fox and DeAngelo being very good this season, it is clouding him a little because of the amount of money he makes vs those two.

ReggieDunlop68

hey hanrahan!
Oct 4, 2008
It’s a rebuild.
It really is almost comical.

And yet if Hayes was posting 22 points at this point, as our second line center we would NOT be happy about it. And good old Uncle Larry would make that the focus of his article. In fact I can almost write the piece for him:

1. The Rangers need more from Hayes and they have him for another half-dozen years.

2. Trouba is the answer and the Rangers need to make him an off-season priority.

-Dan Boyle Likes This

aufheben

#Norris4Fox
Jan 31, 2013
New Jersey
Athletic article today on the struggles of Trouba and Morrissey: By the numbers: Why Jacob Trouba and Josh Morrissey have...
Skjei is a lot more efficient, but almost as risky, failing on 27 percent of his exit attempts which ranks as the 35th lowest. Sznajder doesn’t have zone entry break-up numbers for this season yet, but it’s also worth noting that Skjei’s ability to break up a play was half that of Morrissey’s (six percent versus 12 percent). Trouba thrived with a safer and more responsible partner, and that doesn’t seem to be Skjei. To his credit, he’s a much stronger player than Poolman, but he looks like just as poor of a fit as Poolman unfortunately.

It’s not all on the new partners for these players, but they do play a large part in each defender’s results this season, for better or worse. For Morrissey and Trouba, it’s seemed to have a profound effect on the pair, one further exacerbated by the teams they’re playing with too.

Screen-Shot-2020-02-11-at-10.28.01-AM.png

KirkAlbuquerque

#WeNeverGetAGoodCoach
Mar 12, 2014
New York
At this point I'd take a bag of broken sticks for Skjei. Just getting him off this team is addition by subtraction. The guy is an abomination out there and for whomever he's paired with.
yeah he stinks. Praying Seattle takes him but its doubtful. Gorton has done a lot of good but his track record for d-man contracts is abysmal. And now the one actually good d-man we have we might lose because we have no money left lololol

Reactions: Captain Lindy

Filthy Dangles

Registered User*
Oct 23, 2014
isn't that number considered a pretty weak correlation? I mean the general point is not rocket science, you'd expect better results playing with a better teammate. But there's other factors involved like the team's structures overall, and roles on that team.

Trouba went from a team who not only allowed him to have a better Dpartner, but played with a better team defense and structure overall. That same team lost it's whole right side of their defense and Trouba went to a team that is rebuilding and figuring out how to play defense in the league.

hi

Sell sell sell
May 23, 2008
This guy is not worth eight million in cap space per year until 2026. What a terrible contract

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->