Value of: Jacob Trouba

Yukon Joe

Aug 3, 2011
YWG -> YXY -> YEG
I don't see how the Jets could manage to trade Trouba. He's just too important to the team.

Yeah, he goes UFA in summer of 2020. If Jets are out of the playoff hunt for some reason I guess you trade him at the deadline. But otherwise he's our 1st pair RHD. I say you play him as long as you can and let him walk as a UFA when he's earned that right.

tictactoe

Jan 15, 2017
Roslovic and a first for Provorov?
Flyers shopping Provorov? Or Provorov is holding out? Or Taking Flyers to arbitration? Trouba cannot touch Provorov.
By the way who is better Farabee or Roslovic ? if you had to guess.

I don't see how the Jets could manage to trade Trouba. He's just too important to the team.

Yeah, he goes UFA in summer of 2020. If Jets are out of the playoff hunt for some reason I guess you trade him at the deadline. But otherwise he's our 1st pair RHD. I say you play him as long as you can and let him walk as a UFA when he's earned that right.
No problem with that logic... I also do not understand that but mayeb he is looking to be top paid d-men on the team.

mondo3

Jun 4, 2011
Anaheim
It's been said so many times before, but it's horrible asset management to let a good player just walk away.

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017

Likely best time to move him is the summer. Get one more playoff run from him. Plus, you get to slow other GMs to talk contract with him so that everyone knows what the final cost will be.

Given Buffs age, I doubt they let trouba walk in 2022. Need something for him in 2019.

Yukon Joe

Aug 3, 2011
YWG -> YXY -> YEG
It's been said so many times before, but it's horrible asset management to let a good player just walk away.

Think of it as renting your own player. It would be terrible management to lose an important piece of your roster if you think you are going to be a contender that next year. You're not going to trade Trouba and get an equivalent D-man back in trade - you're going to be getting draft picks or prospects

JetsHomer

Nov 29, 2011
Flyers shopping Provorov? Or Provorov is holding out? Or Taking Flyers to arbitration? Trouba cannot touch Provorov.
By the way who is better Farabee or Roslovic ? if you had to guess.

No problem with that logic... I also do not understand that but mayeb he is looking to be top paid d-men on the team.
Roslovic is easily much better. He lead his NCAA team in scoring when he was the same age Faravee a now

Jeti

Blue-Line Dekes
Jul 8, 2011
MTL
In addition to heavy additions being ridiculous. Leddy has 4 years on a team friendly deal. Trouba is a contract headache who is looking for a monster free agent deal in 2 years and has the toughest agent in all of sports in Kurt Overhardt.

I wouldn't even consider Leddy for Trouba straight up given those factors. Anyone acquiring Trouba has to assume he will likely not re-sign. Why add a headache like that if you're not expecting to win a Stanley Cup in that timeframe? To me that knocks out half the teams in the NHL.
Yeah, totally. All teams should trade their good young players for significant downgrades just to save money.
/sarcasm

72hockey guy

Nov 24, 2017
Yeah, totally. All teams should trade their good young players for significant downgrades just to save money.
/sarcasm

just shows how ignorant YOU are. it has nothing to do with money, it has to do with being able to retain the player long term. if you offer Trouba the most money and he wont sign with you, what good does it do you?

if you cant read english maybe you shouldnt post

and I didnt say you should trade him, I said the Islanders shouldnt trade for him, Id much rather have leddy for 4 years than have Trouba for 2years, one of which obviously we are rebuilding. Id assume most teams would think twice before trading for Trouba unless he's re-signed

Last edited:

Tripod

I hate this team
Aug 12, 2008
Nova Scotia
Roslovic is easily much better. He lead his NCAA team in scoring when he was the same age Faravee a now
Well it's hard to know if Farabee will or won't since it's 3 games in. But the year previous, both Roslovic and Farabee had identical stats at the same age.

Reactions: pmwlker

Brock Radunske

안양종합운동장 빙상장
Aug 8, 2012
Buff is 33. Myers is UFA after this season. Kulikov is not worth his contract (IMO).
If I was a Jets fan, I would really want to try and open cap room in a different way than dealing Trouba, or your D could get ugly in a hurry for a team with a forward core to contend long term.

Perreault, Kulikov being first in line. That's a pretty terrible combined 8,5 million hit.
This.

dkollidas

Nov 18, 2010
So... maybe something around

Brendan Guhle
Jake McCabe
2019 1st Round Pick (Via San Jose)

From Buffalo, for Trouba?

*McCabe can play on the right side

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad