Value of: Jacob Trouba

tictactoe

Jan 15, 2017
would you do something around Sanheim? Assume a Trouba extension with Philly
lol no.. not at this point. Sanheim will score 20-30pts while playing good D.. unfair trade for Philly.

If that is what it will take, Flyers should pass.

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
3 way

TML
Trouba (7x7 signed)

Wild
Nylander (7x7 signed)
2019 1st

Jets
Dumba
Wild aren't trading Dumba for Nylander. A very late 1st is nice, but Does nothing to change that fact. MN is not going to help WPG or TOR with their contract problems.

CaptainChef

Jan 5, 2014
Bedroom Jetsville
It'd be great to keep Trouba but some of these proposals are likely on the condition that he in fact doesn't want to re-sign here (or wants too much).
A Trouba-Morrissey pairing for years would be awesome though.
Yup, Trouba-Morrissey would be great, but.... Both will want & deserve big paydays in their next contract. Then you have Laine, Connor & other young starts to sign. Buff, Wheeler, Scheif & Ehlers already signed for a combined 28. Don't think we can make it all happen & stay within the cap

Broad Street Buddies

Jun 16, 2018
Montréal
what's Myers upside?
He is a mobile 6'5 RHD so that really makes him unique. He is not afraid to use his speed and stickhandling ability to join the rush and drive some offence (ppg in his last season in the Q and around 0.5 ppg in the AHL) but he will probably be the "shutdown guy" of his pair when he reaches the NHL giving his size.

He was ranked #44 by nhl.com (Niku was #47) amongst every prospect so he definitely has top pairing potential and I think that both of them together could be a deadly duo.

Reactions: jetsforever

GaryPoppins

A broken clock is right twice in a day
Sep 10, 2016
Buff is 33. Myers is UFA after this season. Kulikov is not worth his contract (IMO).
If I was a Jets fan, I would really want to try and open cap room in a different way than dealing Trouba, or your D could get ugly in a hurry for a team with a forward core to contend long term.

Perreault, Kulikov being first in line. That's a pretty terrible combined 8,5 million hit.

Not so much with Perreault.. Just the jets are so deep on wing that he's slid down to 4th line which is actually insane.

Bazeek

Registered Lurker
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2011
Exiled in Madison
Wait.... you think Dumba > Nylander?
They're probably of a tier in terms of value. A 22 year old RW with two 60 pt seasons vs. a 24 year old RD with a 50 pt season (and a resume to suggest it wasn't a fluke).

I'd hate to see Dumba traded for Nylander and I agree that a late 1st wouldn't help much. The fact that he's already on a reasonable contract doesn't hurt either.

Number1RedWingsFan52

Mar 17, 2013
Winter Haven Florida
Hypothetically, if Trouba still doesn’t want to sign with Winnipeg long term, what would the Jets be looking for in return.

Combo of player, Prospect & 1st?

Obviously depends on what player which prospect and where the 1st Round Pick is in draft order.

I would assume many would want a 1-1 swap type of deal, but I’m also under the assumption that Winnipeg will be up against the cap if they do sign Trouba long term ($6-$7M aav).

Also it does seem when bigger names have been dealt recently, it’s been for more of a package as opposed to a 1-1 swap.
If Trouba would sign with his hometown team Detroit Red Wings for 7 x 7 i'd do Hronek+ for him. But that's about it.

Ghost of Ethan Hunt

The Official Ghost of Space Ghosts Monkey
Jun 23, 2018
Top Secret Moon Base
If Trouba would sign with his hometown team Detroit Red Wings for 7 x 7 i'd do Hronek+ for him. But that's about it.
Just wait til UFA. Don't trade Cholowski or Hronek. Hronek may pan out to be a #3, or possibly (not probably)#2. He looks like he could be a #4 on a playoff bubble team now. If Trouba is a solid #2, you're creating another hole. (I know he'd be our "#1") I know you have to get to give, but ...More like Sulak+Svech+ or AA+. How bout DDK+AA, that's a fair offer, if unspectacular. DDK would look like a #3 on a good team, at worst #4a. But Jets would get better offers.

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
A 50 point Dman that hits and brings a solid defensive game or a butter soft 60 point winger that wants an 8m dollar payday?

Hmmmhh hard choice right there
Well...let's just say it's getting more solid. Playing with Suter tends to rub off on people. His shot is also really, really, good.

Trouba would only be in play for Nylander because of doubts about his willingness to stay in WPG long term. He's not perfect, but he's not the type of player you get rid of. He would be exactly what TML need. Nylander is more luxury than need for WPG, though.

I can't think of a deal for Trouba that makes sense for WPG. Plenty of deals that make sense for the team receiving Trouba.

Uberpecker

Mar 3, 2011
He is a mobile 6'5 RHD so that really makes him unique. He is not afraid to use his speed and stickhandling ability to join the rush and drive some offence (ppg in his last season in the Q and around 0.5 ppg in the AHL) but he will probably be the "shutdown guy" of his pair when he reaches the NHL giving his size.

He was ranked #44 by nhl.com (Niku was #47) amongst every prospect so he definitely has top pairing potential and I think that both of them together could be a deadly duo.
So is upside is essentially Myers.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad