Jacob Trouba v Dougie Hamilton

Who's the better defenceman?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Dache

Feb 12, 2018
Would vote too close to call personally. Think they both bring different aspects

Uncle Scrooge

Hockey Bettor
Nov 14, 2011
Helsinki
Trouba is just a steady dman to have. Gets it done at both ends of the ice, despite not being necessarily elite at anything.

Dougie can look amazing when he's scoring in bunches but overall, not a fan. Some of his defensive lapses are downright ugly and his decision making is questionable.

I think if you're building a winning team, Trouba is the one you go for.

Reactions: biturbo19

Clint Eastwood

Eff the Habs
Nov 11, 2018
Maybe my bias against Dougie plays a part in this, but Trouba's great defensively and doesn't hold his team back offensively. Dougie is a liability in his own zone.

Regal

Mar 12, 2010
Vancouver
Not a Hamilton fan. He needs a babysitter, is soft and seems to only excel offensively if he's the focus at the point, but that isn't an effective way to run an offense unless it's a Burns or Karlsson level talent. He's a good defenseman, but is overrated by many due to possession numbers. Trouba is steadier, better defensively and arguably just as good offensively. He just doesn't get prime PP time

biturbo19

Jul 13, 2010
Trouba, easy. Not even close for me. The absolute "ceiling" of offensive production might be a bit higher with Hamilton in the exact right situation...but Trouba is a fantastic all-around defenceman who you can use in pretty much any situation without worrying. And he'll still give you some offensive contributions. I take that every day.

ESH

Jun 19, 2011
No one in Calgary was calling Hamilton a defensive liability before he was traded from Calgary, but now all of a sudden that seems to be the consensus. Could he use his size more? Sure. He’s not soft though, he shoves people around and can throw some pretty big hits.

The S5

Jul 27, 2017
May be Trouba, but not by nearly as much as some here are stating.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad