Sep 23, 2011
Winnipeg
heuhheuhheuhheuh

mr-trouba-text_zps19adc98d.jpg

Jesus H ***** that made me laugh. :handclap::handclap::handclap:

allan5oh

Has prospect fever
Oct 15, 2011
One thing that I noticed him over the past few games is he has a tendency to switch sides in the defensive zone. Under Noels/Huddys system you are not supposed to do that whatsoever. Another habit is he tends to follow the puck carrier behind the net. The two problems are related. I imagine they will be fixed.

BigZ65

Feb 2, 2010
Winnipeg
One thing that I noticed him over the past few games is he has a tendency to switch sides in the defensive zone. Under Noels/Huddys system you are not supposed to do that whatsoever. Another habit is he tends to follow the puck carrier behind the net. The two problems are related. I imagine they will be fixed.

Icetime leader both games, they can't be too concerned.

Aavco Cup

"I can make you cry in this room"
Sep 5, 2013
Just watched a classic game on NHL vault. Playoff game april 23 1993. It was striking how similar 1993 Housley and 2013 Trouba look when they carry the puck.

Semin

Jun 13, 2009
I loved reading Taylor Hall whining saying Trouba was head hunting him in the 3rd of that first game. Just because you have a record with the NHL doesn't make you an Andy Sutton expert on players playing with intent to hurt.

I hope next time Trouba actually connects with Hall.

Whileee

May 29, 2010
I loved reading Taylor Hall whining saying Trouba was head hunting him in the 3rd of that first game. Just because you have a record with the NHL doesn't make you an Andy Sutton expert on players playing with intent to hurt.

I hope next time Trouba actually connects with Hall.

I think Hall is just annoyed that they've started the season without RNH and Gagner. The Oilers need them back so that they can score 6-7 goals a game to stay competitive. :sarcasm:

Stej

Jul 28, 2006
The Kirk
Taylor Hall plays a very dangerous brand of hockey and I would be nervous to have him as my team's future star. To some extent, that's how I feel about Kane too but Hall takes it to another level. I think it's related to his skating style.

Jet

Free Capo!
Jul 20, 2004
Florida
Taylor Hall plays a very dangerous brand of hockey and I would be nervous to have him as my team's future star. To some extent, that's how I feel about Kane too but Hall takes it to another level. I think it's related to his skating style.

Hall has improved that aspect of his game somewhat. I think he's learning that he is going to get killed or at least have his career shortened doing that. Kane is more aware and is bigger and stronger than Hall. I don't worry as much about his wrecklessness because it's more 'controlled' if that makes any sense.

BizZombie

Jul 28, 2013
Winnipeg, Manitoba
I <3 mobile defensemen

Enstrom, Trouba, Morrissey, Bogosian, Byfuglien, Postma, Redmond, Melchiori, Yuen (sigh), Kichton, Kostalek, Karlstrom...

Give me more!!!

This, and again, this. The Jets agree with your assessment based on the bolded players selected in the 2013 draft.

When Josh Morrissey was chosen in the first round by the Jets, I was surprised, but very happy. The mobile puck moving defencemen are critical to success, have high demand and trade value, and can learn defence, as they possess the talent level to acquire the skills. Besides, having possession of the puck in the opposition zone lowers that need to be "defensive" tremendously.

The idea of drafting for only size and stay at home "defensive" defencemen is not appealing. Seeking out the next Chara seems a fool's errand, as they are not only rare, but even the rare gem takes forever to shine.

Semin

Jun 13, 2009
I think Hall is just annoyed that they've started the season without RNH and Gagner. The Oilers need them back so that they can score 6-7 goals a game to stay competitive. :sarcasm:
They're going to need to score 6 or 7 a game because dat defense and Devin Dubnyk won't be winning them 2-1 games.

I wouldn't worry about Kane, he is bigger, stronger, and way more aware than Taylor Hall.

troubadour*

Wait... I thought Canadians hated when their teams drafted American players?

You're damn right. You'll never see a Pacioretty jersey in Montreal, or a Kesler jersey in Vancouver... And good luck finding a Kessel fan in Toronto. Bunch of bums.

Hell, while we're at it, I bet the city of Pittsburgh hates that they drafted Crosby.. I bet Chicago wishes they could give back Toews. Just as I'm sure NYI regrets Tavares.

Honestly though, who comes up with this crap? NHL hockey isn't about nationalities. Plain idiotic logic.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad