Jacob Trouba Appreciation Thread

Jeti

Blue-Line Dekes
Jul 8, 2011
MTL
This is me too......I was thrilled he fell to us because i really wanted him and he has definatly exceeded expectations.

Interesting trivia question...... TNSE are only on the record twice that i know of for being really suprised and thrilled a player fell to them. Jacob Trouba was the first who was the other pick?

Petan?

Thesaurus

Lyrical Wordsmith
Dec 14, 2011
The Cosmos
This is me too......I was thrilled he fell to us because i really wanted him and he has definatly exceeded expectations.

Interesting trivia question...... TNSE are only on the record twice that i know of for being really suprised and thrilled a player fell to them. Jacob Trouba was the first who was the other pick?

Petan.

GJF

Beaver Jedi
Sep 26, 2011
Heidelberg, GER
I'm not sure if Chevy ever expressed surprise at getting Comrie 59th, but how excited are they about that now!! And to think that was a compensation pick for not signing Daulton Leveille (who). Sweet deal!

I'm pretty sure I remember a similar quote from him or someone else about Comrie from TNSE, telling that they were surprised that he was still available for that pick. But IMO they said this about Petan, too.

Huffer

Jul 16, 2010
I was perusing our 2012 draft GDT. Good call.

And surprise surprise, the biggest complainers, saying it was terrible, are still complaining today about new things.

I'll go with Petan as well. The rumor is that Chevy tried to move up with a half dozen teams at the top of the 2nd to get him when he was still there and couldn't get a deal done. And then he landed in their lap.

Huffer

Jul 16, 2010
I was perusing our 2012 draft GDT. Good call.

And surprise surprise, the biggest complainers, saying it was terrible, are still complaining today about new things.

I'll go with Petan as well. The rumor is that Chevy tried to move up with a half dozen teams at the top of the 2nd to get him when he was still there and couldn't get a deal done. And then he landed in their lap.

jigglysquishy

Jun 20, 2011
Regina, Saskatchewan
I'll be the first to admit that I didn't like the Trouba pick. I had spent all year hyping myself up to Griffin Reinhardt and was upset we didn't get him.

I'll gladly eat crow from now on.

GJF

Beaver Jedi
Sep 26, 2011
Heidelberg, GER
I'll be the first to admit that I didn't like the Trouba pick. I had spent all year hyping myself up to Griffin Reinhardt and was upset we didn't get him.

I'll gladly eat crow from now on.

won't find many people admitting this ;)

I was fine with him though he wasn't my first choice.

TrentSteele

Jun 11, 2007

Sutter

DEANYOUNGBLOOD17

May 10, 2011
I noticed that Trouba mentioned that Andy Copp was his best bud growing up in hockey, and at UMich. I wonder if that influenced the Jets who drafted Copp this last year (4th round).

http://www.cbc.ca/player/News/Canada/Manitoba/ID/2410068252/

I remember when trouba was drafted in his TSN interview immediatly after his selection he mentioned the Jets could draft his USA Team Development D partner Seiloff with their 2nd pick. ...... The Jets the next day (on Saturday) drafted Sutter with their 2nd pick and Calgary drafted Seiloff a few picks later.:laugh:

As Sutter is one of the only top Jet draft picks struggling and trending downward.

Edit.... I am also liking the Copp pick and hope he makes team USA WJT........

Last edited:

buggs

screenshot
Sponsor
Jun 25, 2012
somewhere flat
won't find many people admitting this ;)

I was fine with him though he wasn't my first choice.

Guilty as charged as well. Was hoping we'd take Forsberg and was pretty disappointed when we didn't. Also didn't really like Trouba's interview as he seemed disappointed to me unlike Scheifele the year before. Turns out it was nerves more than anything else. Me wrong.

Pass the salt, crow tastes lousy without.

Joe Hallenback

Mar 4, 2005
The more I read that thread the more I realize people actually were pretty pleased with the pick overall. I think it was one guy who was crazy angry and another KingBogo who later came around to it and made a pretty good prediction about Bogo/Trouba pairing.

Interesting read looking at things

arby18

Jun 12, 2010

In fairness, I'm pretty sure that article was a troll job to begin with.

Ha ha. I'll take the heat if you like, but if you actually read the article you'd have realized that it was more about my displeasure of passing over Forsberg than a criticism of taking Trouba.

Thanks for digging up that classic, though. I have a feeling it won't be the last time I hear about it... :laugh:

Joe Hallenback

Mar 4, 2005

I am still pleased with Sutter I think at some point fans will be too. I don't think he ever will be a good scorer in the league but as a depth player he will be valuable. I think he will earn a contract after this year and end up on the Rock for a few seasons.

2012 is a weak draft beyond the first 15 picks. I think teams will be lucky to get 2 guys out of here that play NHL games

Flair Hay

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 22, 2010
Winnipeg
There is allot of love for #8 on the main board. The few exceptions to that rule appear to be from - wait for it - Toronto :help:

Confession:

I went into the thread to see if the "pooh-poohers" from the Trouba/Rielly thread showed up. Slightly tardy, but they were there. With not much to say this time. At least they're sticking to their guns...for now.

Hank Chinaski

May 29, 2007
YFO
Ha ha. I'll take the heat if you like, but if you actually read the article you'd have realized that it was more about my displeasure of passing over Forsberg than a criticism of taking Trouba.

Thanks for digging up that classic, though. I have a feeling it won't be the last time I hear about it... :laugh:

Brb, going to type up an article about Chevy being a draft genius. The basis for this article will be Trouba's ranking at #4 in the Hockey News 2012 re-draft article. Prospect stocks are volatile to begin with, to suggest the Jets whiffed by not drafting Forsberg based on the consensus opinion of outsiders doesn't seem like a reasonable basis for discussion.

By the way, I wouldn't criticize the article if I didn't read it.

ps241

The Ballad of Ville Bobby
Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010

yes Petan

ding ding

all winners in the Trivia question!!

Now I realize this was much later than our Mr Trouba pick but wouldn't it be great if Nic ended up being a home run pick in his own right and own way.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad