Jacob Trouba Appreciation Thread

ediger

Jan 28, 2013
Winnipeg
Yea I am squarely in this camp. trying hard not to get to jacked BUT:

I think we have been around long enough to know the difference between seeing a decent prospect who has a hot game and what we witnessed last night. One small example for me is that 19 year old D men in their first NHL game don't read and jump the play on cross ice passes from the other team between the opposing teams blue line and red line (not once but twice). Watching those two plays (one where Jacob drew a penalty, one resulted in Trouba's first goal) were worth 1000 words.

The biggest thing I saw last night was during the attempted murder on Hall. 99% of 19 year-olds would simply go for the hit. It definitely looks like Trouba made the effort to play both the body and the puck and as a result, broke up the play despite missing the hit. That speaks volumes about his ability and where his head is at.

ps241

The Ballad of Ville Bobby
Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010
In fairness, I'm pretty sure that article was a troll job to begin with.

Yea In all fairness to Arby at the time of the article Trouba had not had his break out year so the opinions might have been mixed still although of the posters on this board had come to peace with the Trouba pick IIRC

I definitely give Joe the thumbs up for giving Arby the stinky glove face wash........all good clean fun!

wpgsilver

Jun 14, 2011
Winnipeg
You do man Silver. All hail Silver :)

I will admit that I had no idea who Trouba was the day he was drafted...

I'm gonna assume that was suppose to be "da" man? :laugh:

I'm glad Jacob has developed into the player I hoped he would (thus far).

I'm also well aware that if he was a bust, that same post would be used to ridicule me.

Edgar Halliwax

aka Marvin Candle
Sep 23, 2011
Winnipeg
I'm gonna assume that was suppose to be "da" man? :laugh:

I'm glad Jacob has developed into the player I hoped he would (thus far).

I'm also well aware that if he was a bust, that same post would be used to ridicule me.
Yes, "da man". But you weren't wrong and that's all that matters !

EpicGingy

Jul 30, 2012
Ontario
I bet Hall also isn't the least bit happy with Trouba easily picking off his ridiculous cross center ice pass :laugh:

Tom ServoMST3K

In search of a Steinbach Hero
Nov 2, 2010
What's your excuse?
I bet Hall also isn't the least bit happy with Trouba easily picking off his ridiculous cross center ice pass :laugh:

Hall is disappointed in your comment:

hall-is-displeased-o.gif

ps241

The Ballad of Ville Bobby
Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010
Like I said at the time, Trouba was the guy I wanted.
To be honest he's exceeded my expectations with how quickly he's developed.

This is me too......I was thrilled he fell to us because i really wanted him and he has definatly exceeded expectations.

Interesting trivia question...... TNSE are only on the record twice that i know of for being really suprised and thrilled a player fell to them. Jacob Trouba was the first who was the other pick?

Mathmew Purrrr Oh

#meowmeowmeowmeow
Apr 18, 2013
meow
This is me too......I was thrilled he fell to us because i really wanted him and he has definatly exceeded expectations.

Interesting trivia question...... TNSE are only on the record twice that i know of for being really suprised and thrilled a player fell to them. Jacob Trouba was the first who was the other pick?

Lukas Sutter

GJF

Beaver Jedi
Sep 26, 2011
Heidelberg, GER

Comrie?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->