Jacob Trouba Appreciation Thread

bazaaa*

Huh?

So it's better to have a thread for Trouba after one game, than a thread to discuss rookies going forward?

Sorry, meant in general, not directly to you.

Maybe people need to be reminded of Burmi the all star posts a couple years ago.

StronGeer

Jan 25, 2013
Down by the bay
In his postgame interview, talks about how he scored for 10 seconds, then praises Tanger for his pass to put them ahead and talks about the team play.

It's like dude... you just scored your first NHL goal on a play totally by yourself. So humble. He was awesome tonight.

Snot Rocket

HF anti-tank squad
Feb 3, 2013
Winnipeg
Leaf fan stopping by to say I'm glad we're not in the same conference anymore.

That kid is GOOD.

Thanks!

And um...

*Slowly backs away...a Leafs fan...do I look him or her in their crazed eyes? What did the "Surviving the Leafs Win The Cup Apocalypse" handbook say? Stupid STUPID, I've had too much beer...Play it calm, perhaps he will just sniff around, make a Kessel or Rielly reference and go back to the GTA...*

Yeah good luck to the Leafs this year, sure got Kessel locked up eh? hehe um, how is Rielly's development coming along?

I kid.
Really thanks for mentioning, mighty nice to have a leafs fan come by and drop a compliment.
Will miss the chippy rivalry that was starting to brew.

EvilCoop

What year is it?
Nov 29, 2011
The Black Lodge
You know how the Sedins are like Gretzky, except there are two of them? The Calder Twins are like Selanne, except there are two of them. ;)

Tom ServoMST3K

In search of a Steinbach Hero
Nov 2, 2010
What's your excuse?
Thanks!

And um...

*Slowly backs away...a Leafs fan...do I look him or her in their crazed eyes? What did the "Surviving the Leafs Win The Cup Apocalypse" handbook say? Stupid STUPID, I've had too much beer...Play it calm, perhaps he will just sniff around, make a Kessel or Rielly reference and go back to the GTA...*

Yeah good luck to the Leafs this year, sure got Kessel locked up eh? hehe um, how is Rielly's development coming along?

I kid.
Really thanks for mentioning, mighty nice to have a leafs fan come by and drop a compliment.
Will miss the chippy rivalry that was starting to brew.

obviosly you missed chapter 7 "Dealing with leaf fans in your own home"

"If the leafs have won, then the leaf fan will be happy, an unnatural feeling for them. An unpredictable beast at the best of times, the leaf fan could come in peace or be on a more sinister mission.

The best course of action if the leafs have won, is to make reference to particular plays in the game and then run, hoping the leaf fan will go into a happy druken daze, fueled by beer and cheap whiskey, remembering one of their few wins of the season.

While Running it is best to shout "KESSEL IS UNDERRATED!", to keep the leafs fan in a happy place.

Up next, loses, and how to blame Dion Phanuf for everything"

MS

1%er
Mar 18, 2002
Vancouver, BC
That was the best NHL debut I've ever seen from a defender. Much less a teenaged one.

Looks like he'll be a star for you guys.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->