Jacob Slavin or Zach Werenski?

Who's better?

• Total voters

biturbo19

Jul 13, 2010
Not sure either is better. Probably on a similar level but just different types of players

Yeah. It's kind of a question of whether you'd like the steadier defenceman with the less dynamic "ceiling", or the more dynamic player with a little less stability and reliability? In this case, i lean a little bit toward Werenski, as i think the all-around ability is at a high enough level to justify taking the extra offensive oomph and more of a "catalyst" on the ice. But i could very easily see the rationale for saying Slavin and the more calm, controlled presence. It's hard to argue either is really "wrong" here. Just different flavours of right.

TheOllieC

cajun filet
Jul 12, 2013
Charlotte, NC
Slavin by an extremely comfortable margin.

Yeah I agree, and I'm glad the Jackets signed Werenski to that deal. I think he's great and I've watched lots of him in-person here.

The defensive margin is more significant than the offensive one. While being the best shutdown D-man in the league, Slavin's offensive ability is overshadowed. He's scored a hat trick. His hands are impressive. He has potted many a skillful breakaway/shootout goal, almost a secret weapon in this regard. I would expect to see his point-production rise now that Hamilton is gone.

Sempiternal

Jul 5, 2014
I think the results would've been better for Werenski last offseason, because he had an injury this past season and was stuck with a mediocre group of forwards.

Sstroh84

May 28, 2015
Columbus, OH
Jackets fan voting Slavin, but Werenski was underrated playing with Jones. Think we see more from him moving forward as the #1 guy.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->