Value of: Jacob Silfverberg to the Leafs

LEAFANFORLIFE23

Jun 17, 2010
All of those guys are going first +

I’m selling Silfverberg straight up. Anaheim’s leading goal scorer. Straight up no balogne. No prospect swap nothing.

If you want any of those guys? Do your 2nd + top prospect + 6th round pick all the bull **** etc.

Silfverberg is going for first straight up. And I know a GM will bite because it’s straight no hassle trade.

That's the thing they aren't all going for a 1st+ Not every playoff team is willing to trade futures, Montreal has already said they won't, other playoff teams don't have a 1st this year theee is more supply than demand

Reactions: Eagle Peninsula

MattMartin

Killer Instinct™
Feb 10, 2007
Long Island
You have an issue with any of the last 4 years? He was the best Ducks forward in last year’s series, before you bring that up - there were exactly two+ players on the team and he was one of them. And I’m perfectly fine with Amy of those last 4 years from a player on a dedicated shutdown line.

It’s always cute when people bring up stats from 5-6 years ago as if they have any relevance.

So 4 years is relevant but 5 is not, gotcha.

405Exit

Mar 15, 2018
That's the thing they aren't all going for a 1st+ Not every playoff team is willing to trade futures, Montreal has already said they won't, other playoff teams don't have a 1st this year theee is more supply than demand

What are you talking about? Nashville just traded 2nd for Broken ass Brian Boyle. And we’re not even close to Deadline day. Look at the land scape. People are paying futures for present. Are you drunk?

Apparently you don’t see the landscape very well. If a 2nd is the price for Boyle? A first can be had for Silfverberg

indigobuffalo

Portage and Main
Feb 10, 2011
Winnipeg MB
So which year Silfverberg are we getting?

The 12/13 2-2 4 points in 10 playoff games
The 13/14 2-0 2 points in 13 playoff games
The 14/15 4-14 18 points in 16 playoff games
The 15/16 0-5 5 points in 7 playoff games
The 16/17 9-5 14 points in 17 playoff games
The 17/18 1-1 2 points in 4 playoff games

How many teams did he win or lead to a cup final is my rebuttal question.

He’s a very good defensive player with scoring talent. >>>Brown.

If the Ducks accepted Brown+2nd I would do it.

OVO16

#WeTheNorth
Apr 16, 2017
Dont see it. Price will be too high. If the leafs target a Rental, it will more likely be either Simmonds or Ferland.

But my guess is the leafs stay out of the Rental market all-together

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Outside fan that hates both of your teams. Silfverberg is absolutely worth a first.

A signed Silverberg is absolutely worth a first. How many teams are willing to throw a first at a rental? Sign and trade is the way to go. I think I heard Lebrun say during his TSN milk run yesterday that the market is drying up for first picks going to rentals. We'll see if he's right.

Newsworthy

Jan 28, 2018
USA
Should be noted 13 goals and 21 points through 48 games. You can spin that anyway you want, but those numbers are not getting you a 1st.
Rackell numbers are worse than Silverberg and I would trade a first and a third in a heartbeat

7even

Offered and lost
Feb 1, 2012
North Carolina
The guy has a career high 49 point season and his 2nd best was 40 points. I see no way he gets a 1st because on a SC contending team he is a 2nd or 3rd line forward.

He can play in your top 6 and he scores goals, that's worth a 1st to the right teams. Seems like a good target for Boston.

LEAFANFORLIFE23

Jun 17, 2010
Dont see it. Price will be too high. If the leafs target a Rental, it will more likely be either Simmonds or Ferland.

But my guess is the leafs stay out of the Rental market all-together

I'm not sure they can, that depends on how bad Johnsson is hurt

LEAFANFORLIFE23

Jun 17, 2010
Ducks aren’t taking on more random prospects. The team is full of them. Ducks want picks. No dice with Toronto I want a straight up first.

No deal to be had here.

Other top 16 playoff teams will offer it for Ducks leading goal scorer on a horrible team.

So is Patrick Marleau also worth a 1st? because he would be tied for your leading goal scorer and tied for 2nd on your team in scoring but I doubt you or anyone else feels like he's worth a 1st

ayrton2388

May 23, 2014
What Ducks fan don’t realize is that when TML fans make proposals they are gawd awful and each of your players are worth all that and a bag of Doritos.

On any team that production would be middle 6 and on a SC contender that is third liner and he is a pure rental. We need something more. Rather overpay for Ritchie who has term and potentially some upside.

Feel free to overpay for Ritchie. Im just letting you know that Silfverberg is a way better player than him.

405Exit

Mar 15, 2018
So is Patrick Marleau also worth a 1st? because he would be tied for your leading goal scorer and tied for 2nd on your team in scoring but I doubt you or anyone else feels like he's worth a 1st

Patrick Marleau is old as hell. Just like Brian Boyle. You’re seriously comparing that to a 28 year old Silfverberg?

Just curious? Wondering if you ever considered age difference before coming at me with a decent response.

LEAFANFORLIFE23

Jun 17, 2010
One of the worst comparisons ever.

My point is simple just because a player is the top goal scorer on a team doesn't mean he's worth a 1st especially when he's on the same trade market as Duchene Stone Panarin Simmonds Ferland Zuccarello Dizingel Nyquist Hoffman etc.

LEAFANFORLIFE23

Jun 17, 2010
Patrick Marleau is old as hell. Just like Brian Boyle. You’re seriously comparing that to a 28 year old Silfverberg?

Just curious? Wondering if you ever considered age difference before coming at me with a decent response.

Fair enough what about 24 year old Andreas Johnsson he's got 15 goals he's your leading goal scorer you think he's worth a 1st?

Doubt you or anyone else feels like he's worth a 1st

Man Bear Pig

Aug 10, 2008
Earth
Ducks aren’t taking on more random prospects. The team is full of them. Ducks want picks. No dice with Toronto I want a straight up first.

No deal to be had here.

Other top 16 playoff teams will offer it for Ducks leading goal scorer on a horrible team.
What exactly is a "random prospect"? Youd rather have a late 1st over a more established prospect like Sandin? Am I the only one who finds this crazy? It's the mystery box mentality.

Man Bear Pig

Aug 10, 2008
Earth

No deal to be had here.

Edit- double post

405Exit

Mar 15, 2018
What exactly is a "random prospect"? Youd rather have a late 1st over a more established prospect like Sandin? Am I the only one who finds this crazy? It's the mystery box mentality.

Yes I would. Have you seen Anaheim’s drafting pedigree? We draft legit NHL players.

We don’t draft Yakupovs. Vatanen and Rakell says hello. It’s more incentive for you to give us picks instead of negotiating whom for whom. You aren’t losing here. This ducks coaching staff will find talent without dealing with balogne.

Ask any ducks fan on this board. This scouting staff is insanely talented. Hell even ask Toronto fans. They know what we done with there picks.

405Exit

Mar 15, 2018
Manson 6th round in 2011. Now he’s he’s worth first rounders. Montour? 55th overall 2014 worth first rounders.

Ducks want your picks please. Our scouting staff will handle it from here boys.

Hostile Offer

Artist formerly known as Eagle Peninsula
Jun 17, 2017
Finland
What are you talking about? Nashville just traded 2nd for Broken ass Brian Boyle. And we’re not even close to Deadline day. Look at the land scape. People are paying futures for present. Are you drunk?

Apparently you don’t see the landscape very well. If a 2nd is the price for Boyle? A first can be had for Silfverberg

Don't look at just one trade and base other trade values on that. If you put yourself in the buying GMs' shoes you'll quickly realize there won't be 5+ teams willing to give up a first for a rental forward. Granted, I'm willing to bet not all of the players mentioned here are being traded at all but it's a buyer's market for rental forwards this year. Not saying Silf couldn't fetch a first but it's not a surefire thing just because Boyle was traded for a 2nd (2nd round picks are sent at the TDL like candy anyway).

LeafsOHLRangers98

Jun 13, 2017
I feel like this more than recent years has a logjam of really good wingers and because of that contending teams just aren't biting at the high prices yet.

I honestly think some of these teams will be better off trying to sign their guys than trade them.

That said where does Silferberg rank amongst the guys available? Definitely behind Panarin and Stone and then a bunch of guys you could rank any way you want I guess? Hard to determine proper value until we see a trade or two.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad