Value of: Jacob Silfverberg to the Leafs

LEAFANFORLIFE23

Jun 17, 2010
I know Leaf fans want to focus on the D, and I get it, they do need another D man, but I still think they need another forward especially on the LW

Silfverberg would be a fit, what would he cost Toronto?

LucicAndChong

formerly known as Big Sugar
Jan 22, 2018
Ontario, Canada
too much for what we should be paying

ideally he will go for either a 1:1 or a package of prospects and picks, neither of which the leafs really have enough of/the quality of to make a trade for him that would make any sense for us right now

Reactions: Getz2perry

405Exit

Mar 15, 2018

ideally he will go for either a 1:1 or a package of prospects and picks, neither of which the leafs really have enough of/the quality of to make a trade for him that would make any sense for us right now

Ducks aren’t taking on more random prospects. The team is full of them. Ducks want picks. No dice with Toronto I want a straight up first.

No deal to be had here.

Other top 16 playoff teams will offer it for Ducks leading goal scorer on a horrible team.

LEAFANFORLIFE23

Jun 17, 2010
Ducks aren’t taking on more random prospects. The team is full of them. Ducks want picks. No dice with Toronto I want a straight up first.

No deal to be had here.

Other top 16 playoff teams will offer it for Ducks leading goal scorer on a horrible team.

You think Silfverberg gets a 1st? Look at the gyts on the trade market, Silfverberg likely doesn't get a 1st

405Exit

Mar 15, 2018
You think Silfverberg gets a 1st? Look at the gyts on the trade market, Silfverberg likely doesn't get a 1st

Top 16 teams desperate at the deadline will. We don’t need prospects. Straight up first at the deadline will get it done. Just because Toronto doesn’t have one doesn’t mean you can bully us for selling cheaper.

LEAFANFORLIFE23

Jun 17, 2010
Top 16 teams desperate at the deadline will. We don’t need prospects. Straight up first at the deadline will get it done. Just because Toronto doesn’t have one doesn’t mean you can bully us for selling cheaper.

With guys like Duchene, Stone, Panarin, Simmonds, Nyquist, Dizingel, Zuccarello Ferland etc all on the trade market and that's just who we know is available, you think Silfverberg gets a 1st? I don't know about that

we haven't even mentioned the defense market

Reactions: Newsworthy

The List Of Jericho

Judas effect
Mar 1, 2002
Toronto

No deal to be had here.

Haha that’s more wishful thinking

MattMartin

Killer Instinct™
Feb 10, 2007
Long Island

No deal to be had here.

Should be noted 13 goals and 21 points through 48 games. You can spin that anyway you want, but those numbers are not getting you a 1st.

LEAFANFORLIFE23

Jun 17, 2010

What are you talking about? they trade 1 1st round pick, and 2 prospects only one of which is likely to be anything and now they can't get Silfverberg? come on that's not realistic

405Exit

Mar 15, 2018
With guys like Duchene, Stone, Panarin, Simmonds, Nyquist, Dizingel, Zuccarello Ferland etc all on the trade market and that's just who we know is available, you think Silfverberg gets a 1st? I don't know about that

we haven't even mentioned the defense market

All of those guys are going first +

I’m selling Silfverberg straight up. Anaheim’s leading goal scorer. Straight up no balogne. No prospect swap nothing.

If you want any of those guys? Do your 2nd + top prospect + 6th round pick all the bull shit etc.

Silfverberg is going for first straight up. And I know a GM will bite because it’s straight no hassle trade.

405Exit

Mar 15, 2018
Should be noted 13 goals and 21 points through 48 games. You can spin that anyway you want, but those numbers are not getting you a 1st.

Then you shouldn’t be shopping with Anaheim. Start doing your 2nd + top prospect + 2020 6th round pick + 2029 first round pick protected offer threads.

Ducks aren’t rolling over on Silfverberg

LEAFANFORLIFE23

Jun 17, 2010
Outside fan that hates both of your teams. Silfverberg is absolutely worth a first.

Any other year I wouldn't disagree but this year we have Stone, Duchene, Panarin, Dizingel, Simmonds Ferland, Zuccarello, Nyquist all on the market I don't know that Silfverberg gets a 1st with that much offensive talent available

Reactions: Oley49

405Exit

Mar 15, 2018
Outside fan that hates both of your teams. Silfverberg is absolutely worth a first.

What these leaf fans don’t understand? Is when a team is trading its leading goal scorer away. That means lost revenue, that means less ticket sales, lost season ticket renewals, lost income.

That counts for value for the franchise. If you’re taking Silfverberg away? That means ducks are officially tanking with its leader in goals in a trade.

And GMs understand that value. These guys apparently don’t.

rosscow

Apr 5, 2015
Plus Toronto, San Jose, tampa have already traded there 1st round pick this year. There will only be a few 1st round picks available.

Funk21

Mar 6, 2013
Toronto
What these leaf fans don’t understand? Is when a team is trading its leading goal scorer away. That means lost revenue, that means less ticket sales, lost season ticket renewals, lost income.

That counts for value for the franchise. If you’re taking Silfverberg away? That means ducks are officially tanking with its leader in goals in a trade.

And GMs understand that value in a trade. These guys apparently don’t.

What Ducks fan don’t realize is that when TML fans make proposals they are gawd awful and each of your players are worth all that and a bag of Doritos.

On any team that production would be middle 6 and on a SC contender that is third liner and he is a pure rental. We need something more. Rather overpay for Ritchie who has term and potentially some upside.

MattMartin

Killer Instinct™
Feb 10, 2007
Long Island
What does 39 points in the last 44 playoff games while playing against other teams top lines get you?

So which year Silfverberg are we getting?

The 12/13 2-2 4 points in 10 playoff games
The 13/14 2-0 2 points in 13 playoff games
The 14/15 4-14 18 points in 16 playoff games
The 15/16 0-5 5 points in 7 playoff games
The 16/17 9-5 14 points in 17 playoff games
The 17/18 1-1 2 points in 4 playoff games

How many teams did he win or lead to a cup final is my rebuttal question.

405Exit

Mar 15, 2018
What Ducks fan don’t realize is that when TML fans make proposals they are gawd awful and each of your players are worth all that and a bag of Doritos.

On any team that production would be middle 6 and on a SC contender that is third liner and he is a pure rental. We need something more. Rather overpay for Ritchie who has term and potentially some upside.

That’s what you think dude. Lots of suitors will be there on deadline day while nagging injuries arise. And like your other leaf fans counter parts. You don’t have a first, so you low ball the opposing teams for there good players. Other GMs know revenue will be bad after trading Silfverberg, so that first will be there from someone as compensation.

Go back to your Zaitsev proposals please.

Drew311

Makes The Pass
Oct 29, 2010

No deal to be had here.

You’re going to be disappointed.

is the answer jesus

Mar 10, 2008
Tonawanda, NY

I hate this argument and I see it all the time. Hockey is a team sport. Many great players have never been to a Stanley Cup Final. Silfverberg has been a good playoff performer. Leave it at that and don't muddle the conversation with nonsense. I do happen to think a 1st with no conditions is a little pricey as well. Make it a conditional 1st based on advancement in the playoffs or Silfverberg re-signing and I think that's a fair price.

Ducks DVM

sowcufucakky
Jun 6, 2010
Long Beach, CA

You have an issue with any of the last 4 years? He was the best Ducks forward in last year’s series, before you bring that up - there were exactly two+ players on the team and he was one of them. And I’m perfectly fine with any of those last 4 years from a player on a dedicated shutdown line.

It’s always cute when people bring up stats from 5-6 years ago as if they have any relevance.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad