Prospect Info: Jacob Bryson (2017, 99th) signed 3 year ELC, ATO with Rochester

truthbluth

Feb 2, 2011
He and Olofsson are the only reason I am sane as a hockey fan this season.
He's such a quick player. His head, his hands, his feet. Everything about him is quick. And he's got a little jam. A very fun player to watch. You wonder if his size will keep him in the A, but his talent is NHL level.

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
He's such a quick player. His head, his hands, his feet. Everything about him is quick. And he's got a little jam. A very fun player to watch. You wonder if his size will keep him in the A, but his talent is NHL level.

The other thing I've wondered is if Buffalo does come away with Hughes or Boqvist, will they view that as the only small d-man they can carry? Would it be possible to have not one, but two short guys? I keep looking over at the Bruins, seeing Grzelcyk and Krug at one end of the spectrum offset by a variety of more sizable partners. Seems like it is possible, but they also have the benefit of forwards who are interested in excellent d-zone play.

Again, I admit my crush on Bryson's skills. And wonder if Buffalo knows what to do with them.

joshjull

Aug 2, 2005
Hamburg,NY
@Chainshot What are the chances we sign him now? He was an overager when we drafted him (will be 21yrs old in November.) He looks smooth as silk with his skating. Maybe wait another year and let him bulk up a bit more? However much thats possible on a 5'9" frame

EDIT: I'm getting greedy wanting a Bryson/Borgen pairing developing as Amerks next year. Seems like they would be a nice synergy of skills

Last edited:

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
@Chainshot What are the chances we sign him now? He was an overager when we drafted him (will be 21yrs old in November.) He looks smooth as silk with his skating. Maybe wait another year and let him bulk up a bit more? However much thats possible on a 5'9" frame

EDIT: I'm getting greedy wanting a Bryson/Borgen pairing developing as Amerks next year.

I'm a big fan of his, would love to see him signed even after only a year in the prospect stable. I also wouldn't mind if they signed the other D-Smurf in Fitzgerald now to work him into the development pipe but I don't know where the team stands on him. I like them both, I like Bryson more even if he is 2 inches shorter than Fitz.

joshjull

Aug 2, 2005
Hamburg,NY
I'm a big fan of his, would love to see him signed even after only a year in the prospect stable. I also wouldn't mind if they signed the other D-Smurf in Fitzgerald now to work him into the development pipe but I don't know where the team stands on him. I like them both, I like Bryson more even if he is 2 inches shorter than Fitz.

I’ve become a huge fan of Bryson as well. His smarts and skating are joy to watch. We’d love if we brought him in the fold right now.

truthbluth

Feb 2, 2011
Not a Fitzgerald thread, but I think he was voted Hockey East, best defensive defenseman. And I think Borgen won that for NCHC as well. Maybe our D stable is underrated?

truthbluth

Feb 2, 2011
On topic though, I'm a fan of signing now. Bring'em all in and let them compete. Lack of comp in D core has let the dregs rise for literally a decade in this organization.

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
Not a Fitzgerald thread, but I think he was voted Hockey East, best defensive defenseman. And I think Borgen won that for NCHC as well. Maybe our D stable is underrated?

Fitz did and he's just finished his junior season. I wouldn't mind signing one or the other this summer, then the other next.

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
Two thoughts. One -- don't panic. Two -- he's had success with really young players in within USAH before:

Ace

Oct 29, 2015
Laaksonen and Bryson have really stepped up to make back to back mid round picks interesting.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->