Prospect Info: Jacob Bernard-Docker (D) 3 year ELC signed

Dan Patrick

Mar 11, 2020
Which young player does that land us? To me, JBD is worth a pick in the 15-20 range on his own, so I assume that is a pretty good NHL prospect coming back.
33 and JBD for Sergachev? Actually I think I'd want a Right shot D-man so not sure Serg is the right player to go after.

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
Honestly, with the pademic condensing the season, it might appeal to guys to get an extra year towards their degree done, particularly if they are unsure if the AHL will play.

Is JBD taking a legit degree, or is it a case of just going through to motions to keep playing?

Reactions: KnuckChuckinTkachuk

Johnny Hanson

Jul 6, 2008
Look at their returning players. Every one of last years juniors are returning for their senior year. It’s obviously a tight group and they truly believe they’ve got something special and have what it takes to win a championship. The organization knows it’s only going to be beneficial in the long run for his development. Sure, it would’ve been nice if he turned pro this year and played in Belleville, but can you really blame him for chasing a championship? The sens have a ton of faith in that program and know he’s in great hands with Brad Berry.

Plus, it’ll be great to start developing chemistry with our 5th overall pick

DrakeAndJosh

Intangibles
Jun 19, 2010
Kanata
I feel like we worry about this with every US prospect and it always works out. Something to keep an eye on but not lose sleep over.

Reactions: gab6511

Billy Bridges

Sep 20, 2011
I wouldn't worry. It's not like there are any valid reasons why the Ottawa Senators wouldn't be desirable franchise to play for.

ness180

Jan 27, 2012
Look at their returning players. Every one of last years juniors are returning for their senior year. It’s obviously a tight group and they truly believe they’ve got something special and have what it takes to win a championship. The organization knows it’s only going to be beneficial in the long run for his development. Sure, it would’ve been nice if he turned pro this year and played in Belleville, but can you really blame him for chasing a championship? The sens have a ton of faith in that program and know he’s in great hands with Brad Berry.

Plus, it’ll be great to start developing chemistry with our 5th overall pick
Exactly, this. I am a UND fan(North Dakota resident) and I believe if the 19-20 hockey season didn't get cancelled, I think JBD would've signed at the conclusion of it. However, since the season was cut short and with the upperclassmen being very close, I believe they made the decision to return to have a chance of raising a 9th national championship banner for UND.

dumbdick

Galactic Defender
May 31, 2008
How are people feeling about JBD right now?

He's one of my favourite prospects and I was extremely high on him when we drafted him. That said, I've cooled just a bit on him and I have a hard time projecting guys that play his style of game. His offense seems to be based around his shot which is very good but not elite, and I wonder how well it will transfer to the NHL level. I had been hoping that he would develop into a player closer to Sanderson, who I see as a better skating, more dynamic version of the same kind of two-way talent.

Personally, I see his ceiling as a #3-4 guy and floor as a #5-6. Or possibly as a guy who can play in the top 2 as a "safe" partner for a more offensive-minded guy like Brann.

Agree?

Disagree?

Reactions: Hale The Villain

GCK

Oct 15, 2018
JBD is a guaranteed top 4 D who may develop to be able to play second fiddle to Chabot on our top pair. He plays like Redden with a little less offence.

Reactions: NB613 and aragorn

SensFactor

Oct 25, 2008
Ottawa
JBD is going to be a steady 3-4 guy. Not flashy but definitely not dull. Just the perfect level of spice to make your meal delicious.

Samsquanch

Raging Bull Squatch
Nov 28, 2008
Sudbury
How are people feeling about JBD right now?

He's one of my favourite prospects and I was extremely high on him when we drafted him. That said, I've cooled just a bit on him and I have a hard time projecting guys that play his style of game. His offense seems to be based around his shot which is very good but not elite, and I wonder how well it will transfer to the NHL level. I had been hoping that he would develop into a player closer to Sanderson, who I see as a better skating, more dynamic version of the same kind of two-way talent.

Personally, I see his ceiling as a #3-4 guy and floor as a #5-6. Or possibly as a guy who can play in the top 2 as a "safe" partner for a more offensive-minded guy like Brann.

Agree?

Disagree?

My thoughts are that we shouldn't peg him as the future #2/Chabot soulmate that we all hope he might be. That's a huge ask.

And while I think hes an awesome prospect and have reasonable amount of faith that hes gonna be a good player for us one day. I'm thrilled that we took Sanderson at the draft tbh.

Sanderson is basically the player we want JBD to be imo (different sides I know), but hes an elite version of him. Sanderson will be the only dman on our team besides Chabot that can anchor a pairing on his own, and match up well against the NHLs best forwards.

JBD will be able to play some hard minutes and hopefully not look out of place in his prime, likely as #4 kinds guy. Anything more than that will be a huge bonus imo.

Sweatred

Erase me
Jan 28, 2019
My thoughts are that we shouldn't peg him as the future #2/Chabot soulmate that we all hope he might be. That's a huge ask.

And while I think hes an awesome prospect and have reasonable amount of faith that hes gonna be a good player for us one day. I'm thrilled that we took Sanderson at the draft tbh.

Sanderson is basically the player we want JBD to be imo (different sides I know), but hes an elite version of him. Sanderson will be the only dman on our team besides Chabot that can anchor a pairing on his own, and match up well against the NHLs best forwards.

JBD will be able to play some hard minutes and hopefully not look out of place in his prime, likely as #4 kinds guy. Anything more than that will be a huge bonus imo.

Totally agree ... I think he is one of our most over rated prospects by those who pencil him in as a 1-2D... especially when elevated far beyond players like LT.

Last edited:

GCK

Oct 15, 2018
Totally agree ... I think he is one of our most over rated prospects by those who pencil him in as a 1-2D... especially when elevated far beyond players like LT.
What are you basing the overrated part on. He led the D on One of the top ranked NCAA teams. He was very solid at the WJC. He’s a guaranteed top 4 NHL D as a floor whereas Thomson is a question mark in my eyes.

Reactions: Sens of Anarchy

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->