Prospect Info: Jacob Bernard-Docker (D) 3 year ELC signed

SensHulk

May 31, 2016
San Jose, CA
You keep changing what your point is and you don't really seem to understand what transpired and what it takes to be an NHL player
Here's what happened:
Brannstrom arrived in Ottawa and had to quarantine for 14 days
He got out of quarantine and right away was in contact with someone with covid and and had to quarantine again
He got out of quarantine and had one practice with the team before the mini camp ended
Now...pay close attention because this is the part you're struggling with....after basically a month in a hotel he wasn't ready to play NHL hockey. That's not because he's a rookie, that's because the NHL is fast and requires significant endurance. He didn't get into a game until Montreal which was in fact SUPER FAST for a guy that spent 4 weeks in a hotel not skating.
Are we good on that now?
Carry on with whatever point you're trying to make

LOL this condescending post just proves you’re only out to cherry pick a single talking point and beat it to death without addressing any of the other relevant points I included. Perhaps it doesn’t fit the argument you’re making (well of course it doesn’t but I digress)

Brannstrom had plenty of practice time after the quarantine period, he was later benched for a long stretch by DJ Smith in favor of Coburn despite going down to the AHL and dominating (one of the point you didn’t bother addressing). Zub didn’t get a chance earlier in the season, and now JBD isn’t getting a chance. I presented you the empirical data (you never addressed it though...shocking). I know some of you think DJ and Dorion are the cat’s meow but they’re not and the latter has shown himself to be a buffoon on many occasions. There was a philosophical shift right after the western Canada trip that paid dividends. Anyways, it has been a major theme of the season that vets have received preferential treatment and much more rope than the rookies/young prospects to the absolute detriment of the team and that is a FACT that they were a detriment and the record shows a direct correlation (you didn’t address that).

As I said much earlier bud, agree to disagree...and I wholeheartedly disagree with you and some others on this topic and I know you disagree with me. That’s cool too.

Anyways I’ve had fun debating, but feel free to ignore this post...or don’t. Whatever works, I’ll be around.

SensHulk

May 31, 2016
San Jose, CA
It's completely relevant, there have been clear reasons for Brannstrom's absences. Wether it be him being stuck in quarantine for a month, giving Wolanin a chance to play or showcasing Coburn for a trade. Other than that I'm not completely sure what the issue is. Stutzle, Batherson and Norris have played big roles all season, Pinto has played regularly. It's nothing to do with philosophy, JBD isn't playing because they don't feel he is good enough to play at this level.

how does DJ explain not benching stepan or pacquette earlier? He talked up a big game about Anisimov and then benched Colin white, does he have an excuse for that too?

It’s great that he gave a chance to pinto, Norris, Stutzle who are true rookies but doesn’t mean he didn’t give the vets a shorter leash or that he didn’t misjudge their compete level

JD1

Sep 12, 2005
LOL this condescending post just proves you’re only out to cherry pick a single talking point and beat it to death without addressing any of the other relevant points I included. Perhaps it doesn’t fit the argument you’re making (well of course it doesn’t but I digress)

Brannstrom had plenty of practice time after the quarantine period, he was later benched for a long stretch by DJ Smith in favor of Coburn despite going down to the AHL and dominating (one of the point you didn’t bother addressing). Zub didn’t get a chance earlier in the season, and now JBD isn’t getting a chance. I presented you the empirical data (you never addressed it though...shocking). I know some of you think DJ and Dorion are the cat’s meow but they’re not and the latter has shown himself to be a buffoon on many occasions. There was a philosophical shift right after the western Canada trip that paid dividends. Anyways, it has been a major theme of the season that vets have received preferential treatment and much more rope than the rookies/young prospects to the absolute detriment of the team and that is a FACT that they were a detriment and the record shows a direct correlation (you didn’t address that).

As I said much earlier bud, agree to disagree...and I wholeheartedly disagree with you and some others on this topic and I know you disagree with me. That’s cool too.

Anyways I’ve had fun debating, but feel free to ignore this post...or don’t. Whatever works, I’ll be around.

I am a big Brannstrom fan. Go back and look at pre season posts. I was advocating Brannstrom, i was quite clear that i thought Brannstrom would prevail in an open competition

Now, that said, the entire situation was a mess for him. Double quarantine. No camp. Starting out behind the 8 ball. Not being great when he got in ... twice quarantined, no camp, not really ready to go

I'm not debating with you because I am an anti Brannstrom type or a pro management type, I'm questioning what you saying because it doesn't make any sense and youve made several statements about what uou think based on incorrect information

You keep using the term empirical data...I've tried to avoid responding to that term....but let me be clear...you're drawing inference from your "empirical data" that you simply cannot draw because there isn't sufficient data to draw the inferences you're making.

I'm signing off now. Later.

Korpse

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 5, 2010
how does DJ explain not benching stepan or pacquette earlier? He talked up a big game about Anisimov and then benched Colin white, does he have an excuse for that too?

It’s great that he gave a chance to pinto, Norris, Stutzle who are true rookies but doesn’t mean he didn’t give the vets a shorter leash or that he didn’t misjudge their compete level

They are NHL players and have shown they can play in the NHL, they are going to get the benefit of the doubt if they are going through a tough stretch. This happens every where.

Reactions: Nac Mac Feegle

PlayOn

Jun 22, 2010
The Sens have lacked talent and depth for quite a long time, which meant that in the past we saw prospects get onto our roster quite easily for lack of better options.

As we become better and better, this is something that will change. Our young guys will have to dominate at lower levels to stand out, and when they get here, they will at times play limited minutes or yes, sit on the bench and learn in practice. This is how it should be, and the only reason this approach failed at the beginning of the season was bc our roster sucked, not because the approach itself is wrong.

Reactions: Nac Mac Feegle

Alf Silfversson

Jun 8, 2011
Great news for JBD. I wonder if Josh Brown turned them down.

tenor.gif

Alf Silfversson

Jun 8, 2011
He's not big, he's not tall. But he's replacing Kevin Bahl

@Peptic Balcers

LOL.

He does indeed not look very big in any way. He also doesn't appear to be very strong by NHL standards. But he got better and better the more he played. I think Belleville is the place for him next year but he COULD definitely be an NHL player next year.

He's a good skater with a good head on his shoulders so I'll be interested to see any icetime he gets at the worlds.

HSF

Sep 3, 2008
So what happens when he proves to be better than brown and del zotto?

my god it’s like the hockey gods are stopping dj from hurting this roster further

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad