GDT: Jackets vs. Flames. The return of legend Dalton Prout

MoeBartoli

Checkers-to-Jackets
Jan 12, 2011
If we played just a little bit better I'd say we sucked.....but we fell short of that tonight.

VABUCK

Oct 31, 2014
Midlothian, VA
No player should be paid for their performance tonight! No Play No Pay! Embarrassing how much $ they're paid for doing jack sh*^!

Fred Glover

Chief of Sinners
Nov 17, 2007
Ohio
LOL The great save of the game, came from Calgary’s last game. They couldn’t find a great save tonight

aRussian

Oct 21, 2007
Ohio
Bunch of back and forth skating with shots and no defense. I could probably go to the ice haus and watch the same from some of the high school teams. I want to watch hockey, not whatever the f*** this was

Reactions: Fairwhether

major major

Feb 18, 2013
5 goals against in a row that period

2. Dubinsky penalty.
3. 4 on 3, Dubois late getting back.
4. Werenski penalty.
5. Hanifin swoops in and Dubinsky and Wennberg hope the other guy gets him.
6. Dubois passes it back to Gaudreau and then gets outraced to the net by Brodie.

7. Anderson penalty
8. Werenski and Jones both fall down.
9. Panarin lame turnover, Savard out of position.

Goalies couldn't stop a thing.

After the goalies, who get an F-, Dubois and Panarin were the worst of a bad bunch defensively.

Somehow Murray was +3 and Foligno and Nutivaara were +2, though all those guys were on the disastrous PK tonight too.

Early on in the Flames broadcast they quoted Torts as saying Dubois was their best player this year, and I thought of his giveaway passes and thought he isn't nearly good enough. Then tonight he put all of his bad tendencies on full display.

Reactions: CBJWennberg10

Maylo

It never happened.
May 20, 2017
I'm glad i didn't watch it. Won't even re-watch our own goals.

Theo Von

gang gang buzz buzz
Nov 15, 2013
Bob’s stats now.... yikes.

3.04 GAA10900.901 save percentage
[TBODY] [/TBODY]

major major

Feb 18, 2013
I've been sick of Torts for awhile but the coach diagramming every player's mistake in front of the media and the fans is not helpful for the team, it's just PR.

If the Jackets are going to grow up as a team the players need to hold each other accountable. They can't sustain caring enough to not let down the coach, they can if it's each other they're afraid of letting down. And I don't know if that transition can happen if the coach doesn't pipe down.

major major

Feb 18, 2013
Bob’s stats now.... yikes.

3.04 GAA10900.901 save percentage
[TBODY] [/TBODY]

From the Jackets perspective, the ideal situation is for Bob to give up 8 goals half-a-dozen times so that his market value is ruined (he just went from .911 to .901 I think), and for Bob to give up 1 or 2 goals most of the rest of the time (8 of the last 13 games). Okay I wouldn't actually recommend that course of action, but I think Bob's been far better lately than his ugly save percentage would suggest.

Cyclones Rock

Jun 12, 2008
I sat way up in the arena like I normally do. Tonight's game looked like a pond hockey game. Lackadaisical play in the neutral and defensive zones. Defensive "efforts " were limited to stick checking.

I'd think the best thing to do would be to ditch the video and forget about it. The CBJ aren't as bad defensively or as lazy as they were tonight . Long seasons have lamentable games. This was one of them

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->