Friedman: Jackets testing market for Panarin

CBJx614

May 25, 2012
C-137
So if Panarin is traded, I'd have to assume he's not going to be traded within the division. So remove PIT, NYR, NYI, PHI, WSH, CAR and NJ

Toronto doesn't need him.
Tampa doesn't need him

Montreal, Detroit and Ottawa are rebuilding so they shouldn't need him.

That leaves what Buffalo and Boston on the east as possible contenders?

My money is on him getting traded back to the West.

Just had a thought, if the Jackets do end up trading Artemi because he doesn't want to be here (really the only reason he would be traded this summer is if he admits he just doesn't wanna be here) and they do it before July 1 they could offer Tavares a massive contract depending on who they return for Panarin.

If they felt they had a legitimate chance for Tavares, maybe a futures package wouldn't be so bad.

However that's taking a HUGE risk dependant on getting Tavares.

Dbrownss

Jan 5, 2014
So if Panarin is traded, I'd have to assume he's not going to be traded within the division. So remove PIT, NYR, NYI, PHI, WSH, CAR and NJ

Tampa doesn't need him

Doug Armstrong is going to right the wrong when he didn't listen to Tarasenko the 1st time. I wont bother with an "offer" because if it happens, I dont think either fan base will be thrilled.

Reactions: WubbaLubbaDubDub

Viqsi

"that chick from Ohio"
Oct 5, 2007
40N 83W (approx)

Tampa doesn't need him

Toronto and Tampa might not need him, but it's still possible that they'll want him. Toronto admittedly more plausibly than Tampa, just because Panarin wanting big bucks is a cap problem waiting to happen and Tampa already has to worry significantly about that.

CBJx614

May 25, 2012
C-137
Toronto and Tampa might not need him, but it's still possible that they'll want him. Toronto admittedly more plausibly than Tampa, just because Panarin wanting big bucks is a cap problem waiting to happen and Tampa already has to worry significantly about that.
But so does Toronto, they have to pay Marner, Nylander and Matthews all while trying to put together a competitive D.

Maybe if a bigger piece is coming back, but I doubt they'd trade a expensive young gun for a just as expensive older version

Viqsi

"that chick from Ohio"
Oct 5, 2007
40N 83W (approx)
But so does Toronto, they have to pay Marner, Nylander and Matthews all while trying to put together a competitive D.

Maybe if a bigger piece is coming back, but I doubt they'd trade a expensive young gun for a just as expensive older version
Toronto's worries aren't quite as high as Tampa Bay's.

I grant it's unlikely, but it's not something to dismiss.

Reactions: WubbaLubbaDubDub

Stealth JD

Don't condescend me, man.
Sponsor
Jan 16, 2006
Bonita Springs, FL
This only happens if the Blues are permitted to speak with Panarin's agent and are comfortable with their chances of resigning him to play with Tarasenko:

To CBJ: 2018 1st (29th via WPG), Robert Thomas, Berglund/Sobotka
To STL: Sonny Milano & Artemi Panarin

or

Fabbri & Kyrou for Panarin

Toe Pick

Jun 13, 2011
Columbus, OH

That would be a huge mistake to take these teams out of the picture. Trade him to whomever makes the best offer as nobody has any idea where he’ll be in a year’s time.

Maybe we trade him out west and then he signs back in the metro. Or maybe we trade him to the metro and then he signs out west. Who knows.

Bottom line is to make the best deal possible for the Columbus Blue Jackets. If it’s a metro team so be it (just be sure to milk those conditions for resigning!).

Viqsi

"that chick from Ohio"
Oct 5, 2007
40N 83W (approx)
This only happens if the Blues are permitted to speak with Panarin's agent and are comfortable with their chances of resigning him to play with Tarasenko:

To CBJ: 2018 1st (29th via WPG), Robert Thomas, Berglund/Sobotka
To STL: Sonny Milano & Artemi Panarin

or

Fabbri & Kyrou for Panarin
How many different times and how many different ways are we going to have to turn down Fabbri + Kyrou for Panarin before folks start taking notice?
This is going to be the Perpetual Proposal for him, isn't it? :shakehead

And that first proposal is even worse. It's almost entirely futures plus only one roster player of marginal value.

Viqsi

"that chick from Ohio"
Oct 5, 2007
40N 83W (approx)
sens are in trade mode and have the players that the jackets want. makes the most sense for him to be part of a package trade
They kind of don't, actually. Or, rather, they could but it's overkill that's excessively in Columbus's favor. (Stone and Duchene. Yes, I said "and". Nobody else there who'd do as part of a 2-for-1 that I can find.)

Dominicr

Nov 23, 2017
How many different times and how many different ways are we going to have to turn down Fabbri + Kyrou for Panarin before folks start taking notice?

Probably as many times as Ottawa fans turned down kyrou, a first, and fabbri for Hoffman before they settled on garbage. Then again you don’t have Dorion as your gm so you may be safe.

Dominicr

Nov 23, 2017
I said "good day", sir.

Hey no reason to get angry. I understand every fan wants the most for their players. I do also. But sometimes you have to be reasonable and come back down to earth to take real life situations into account.

I don’t think anyone has said panarin isn’t worth the ask. People just say he is only worth the ask if he is going to be there longer than 1 year.

WeWentBlues

May 3, 2017

And that first proposal is even worse. It's almost entirely futures plus only one roster player of marginal value.
:laugh::laugh::laugh:

Dbrownss

Jan 5, 2014

1st+Blue chip center prospect+ middle 6 roster is now a bad offer.

Wow

Reactions: Dominicr

steveat

Jun 4, 2011
He's probably going to Vegas...Suzuki for Panarin?

What messes it up is that the one year doesn't really give you much going to CBJ for a "now" player.

I assume you'd be looking for a centre as well...either that or a James Neal (signed)?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad