Confirmed with Link: Jackets sign Eric Robinson

Theo Von

gang gang buzz buzz
Nov 15, 2013
I may be overlooking somethings.. and I’d like to believe I know a ton about prospects of this beautiful sport.. but his stats aren’t necessarily anything to write home about? 17 goals this season is impressive but he struggled immensely his freshman, sophomore, and Junior seasons with Princeton. Hasn’t played in any WJC or competition outside of the states..

So... he is expected to meet with the team in Edmonton? No mention of Cleveland? Our brass must think wonders of the kid. This one is a head scratcher to me. I hope someday we look back on this thread and laugh at this post but for now, meh...

Reactions: Jackets Fan

The Wheelchair

Jun 13, 2015
Ottawa
My guess is this is Jarmo's ECAC connections recommending a guy and Jarmo taking a flier. I doubt he plays this season unless the last game turns out to be meaningless. If he turns into something, great. If not, it's not a big deal.

DJA

over the horizon radar
Sponsor
Apr 17, 2002
Beyond the Infinite
I may be overlooking somethings.. and I’d like to believe I know a ton about prospects of this beautiful sport.. but his stats aren’t necessarily anything to write home about? 17 goals this season is impressive but he struggled immensely his freshman, sophomore, and Junior seasons with Princeton. Hasn’t played in any WJC or competition outside of the states..

So... he is expected to meet with the team in Edmonton? No mention of Cleveland? Our brass must think wonders of the kid. This one is a head scratcher to me. I hope someday we look back on this thread and laugh at this post but for now, meh...

Don’t read too much into it. This happens a lot with college players. He will hang out with the team, get some experience what it means to be a pro, enjoy a playoff run, then come in for development camp.

Brodeur

Feb 27, 2002
San Diego

Joining the big club will burn a year off his ELC, so that was probably part of the negotiation. CBA defines the contract length, so that's usually something an undrafted free agent can try to get if it's the difference between multiple similar offers.

We've seen a lot of random undrafted free agents do this to burn the ELC year and most only turn out to be minor league depth. It's just part of the recruitment process now.

Maylo

It never happened.
May 20, 2017
Jarmo likes them BIG. PLD, Anderson, Vegnault, Stenlund, this guy, all close or over 190 sm.

Double-Shift Lasse

Just post better
Dec 22, 2004
Exurban Cbus
A number of years ago, I was on a roadie with some buddies, and traversing the vast, empty expanse of southern Ontario between Windsor and Toronto on a late-night/early-morning drive. At about 2:00 AM, we pass a sign that reads "TORONTO 160" and one of my friends yells, at the height of incredulity, "A hundred and sixty miles!??!??"

I share this little anecdote by way of saying I am Murican and don't appreciate your nice, cleanly organized units of measurement.

Monk

Feb 5, 2008
A number of years ago, I was on a roadie with some buddies, and traversing the vast, empty expanse of southern Ontario between Windsor and Toronto on a late-night/early-morning drive. At about 2:00 AM, we pass a sign that reads "TORONTO 160" and one of my friends yells, at the height of incredulity, "A hundred and sixty miles!??!??"

I share this little anecdote by way of saying I am Murican and don't appreciate your nice, cleanly organized units of measurement.

How many stone were you at the time?

Reactions: Double-Shift Lasse

CBJx614

May 25, 2012
C-137
Robinson -- who just finished his senior season with Princeton -- is expected to join the Blue Jackets on the road in Edmonton. The 22-year-old compiled 17 goals and 14 assists in 36 games for the Tigers this year. While Tuesday's matchup will likely be too soon, don't be surprised to see the winger make his NHL debut at some point during the team's three-game road trip.
We that hurt?
Blue Jackets' Eric Robinson: Signs entry-level deal

The Wheelchair

Jun 13, 2015
Ottawa
Jarmo likes them BIG. PLD, Anderson, Vegnault, Stenlund, this guy, all close or over 190 sm.
But at the same time, there's also Abramov, Texier and Davidsson in the system.

I'm both Canadian and American and the imperial system is superior. Sorry if this offends

Last edited:
Reactions: mikeyp24

Daisy Ridley

Feb 28, 2018

Awesome story

Reactions: Double-Shift Lasse

Inglewood JACKets

Jan 11, 2011
Columbus, OH
[/QUOTE]I'm both Canadian and American and the imperial system is superior. Sorry if this offends[/QUOTE]

I agree with you until we get to Celsius. That's based off water. We don't live in water. Celsius is stupid to describe air temperature.

The Wheelchair

Jun 13, 2015
Ottawa
I agree with you until we get to Celsius. That's based off water. We don't live in water. Celsius is stupid to describe air temperature.
The imperial system is the American one. And yeah, Fahrenheit is the perfect example of why it's better: 0 is too cold to go outside, 100 is too hot to go outside. Simple. One mile is about one minute of highway driving at the speed limit. Most people are between five and six feet tall. If you're dealing with exact measurements, then the metric system is clearly better, but most people don't need exact measurements in daily life, and for rough estimates, you want something that's indexed to things you encounter in everyday life, which is how the imperial system was developed.

Reactions: Fairwhether

Theo Von

gang gang buzz buzz
Nov 15, 2013
Robinson looks like he's got a quick shot and pretty speedy for a guy that size. I think he could be a surprise on the 4th line.

Check out his goal videos in the prospect thread, he looks slower than molasses.

WannabeFinn

Beloved One
May 31, 2014
Columbus
simulationhockey.com
I agree with what Mac said, you're likely mistaking his elongated strides for a lack of speed. He's got long, powerful strides as a skater with a large frame. He's not slow. Won't likely be considered "fast" by NHL standards at any point, but I don't think it's going to be a point of weakness in his game.. at least not this early in his career.

Maylo

It never happened.
May 20, 2017
Check out his goal videos in the prospect thread, he looks slower than molasses.
Actually did everything right, took a couple of long strides to make a distance from pursuitor, slowed down a little to make a shot and didn't do stupid dekes that almost never work on speed. If he's slow that 24 in white is dead man walking.

MAHJ71

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 6, 2014
NWA 217
I don't see what the issue is?

We're taking a low risk flier on seemingly a kid with good character (given that he wore the C) .. from a decent college squad.

Not like we have a lot to lose with this move..

Old Guy

Just waitin' on my medication.
Aug 30, 2015
Eric Robinson signing = Weights and Measures discussion.

I love this place!!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->