Confirmed with Link: Jackets sign Davidsson to ELC

thebus88

19/20 Columbus Blue Jackets: "It Is What It Is"
Sep 27, 2017
Michigan
Swedish JD is the real deal.

Creative offensive player. Fully expect him to battle with and more than likely beat out a couple of Bjorkstrand, Milano, Anderson, etc. for a top 6/9 winger spot. See no reason, or need, for Vanek/Letestu to be kept around at this point. Expect for JD this year, and Gavrikov next year, to make legitimate impacts. Enough of Stenlund and Carlsson.

domi28

Dec 5, 2017
Karlsson replacement?

More like Milano or Bjorkstrand if one of them get traded. Note I have not read anything about them getting traded nor do I think it's a good idea to trade either of the few offensive minded forwards on this team.

You might be thinking of his brother Marcus who is playing center for their Swedish team while Jonathan plays wing.

KJ Dangler

Oct 21, 2006
Columbus
From what I’ve read about Davidsson, he was an absolute steal, where we drafted him , and that if the draft were to be redone, he would have been a first round pick .

EDM

Mar 8, 2008
Davidsson is at this point, based upon Jarmo's comments, virtually guaranteed a spot on next year's team no matter what he does. Hopefully he does well. But Jarmo seems to have blessed him so he will be on the team, come what may next year. I really do hope he is as good as advertised.

SavesEmNot

Jul 2, 2012

This GIF has potential :D:

giphy.gif

Anyway, nice skillset. He somehow finds little gaps to put the puck past the goalie. I noticed a couple times where he benefitted from the opposing team making a Blue Jackets style line change.

JacketsFanWest

Jun 14, 2005
Los Angeles, CA
He's better than his brother, who was a 2nd round pick........

Jonathan may end up better than Marcus, but Marcus is a year and a half younger. Marcus had 21 points in 39 regular season games for DIF this season. Last season, Jonathan had 12 points in 42 games. The year before, Jonathan had zero points in 12 games. Statistically, Marcus did better at age 18/19.

I think both end up NHLers and Jonathan will fit in on the Jackets with the need for a playmaking sniper. But I think the expectations need to be tempered some.

Also, already Marcus is bigger in size than Jonathan. In the picture below, Marcus is on the left and Jonathan on the right. In the center is the Caps' draft pick Axel Jonsson-Fjällby. (I'd trade for that entire line and put them in on the 4th line the season after next).

https://imgs.aftonbladet-cdn.se/v2/...00&s=75f5709ae6bf6a7525b3315777e4ae1dd278c5ee

Last edited:
Reactions: WubbaLubbaDubDub

Crede777

Deputized
Dec 16, 2009
Davidsson is a promising prospect but I was much higher on his younger brother at the 2017 draft. IMHO his younger brother is worth a mid/late 1st and Jonathan is a late 3rd / early 4th which is great value in the 6th round.

Given both of their skillsets, they seemed like players Jarmo would key in on. Jonathan Davidsson was an overager if I remember correctly.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad