Confirmed with Link: Jackets re-sign Sedlak, Hannikainen and Harrington to 2 year-1 way deals.

DarkandStormy

Apr 29, 2014
Why are we even messing around with Harrington? Wtf?

Don't get the need for ONE WAY deals, let alone multiple years worth for guys who aren't regulars.

But nice signing of Sedlak.

WannabeFinn

Beloved One
May 31, 2014
Columbus
simulationhockey.com
Hannakainen and Harrington aren't very good, why the need for one way deals

Why are we even messing around with Harrington? Wtf?

Don't get the need for ONE WAY deals, let alone multiple years worth for guys who aren't regulars.
Maybe ownership/management felt the guys deserved to be paid? Don't know why you guys really give a s***, it doesn't matter whether they're on two-way or one-way deals.

Xoggz22

Mar 4, 2002
Columbus, Ohio
There are some requirements for the expansion draft as well as a need for depth. Both are serviceable as NHL players. Sedlak has shown he can play and could cover Karlsson if he is lost in expansion.

No issue with any of these deals.

CBJWerenski8

Formerly CBJWennberg10 (RIP Kivi)
Jun 13, 2009
Cool. I like all three. Good depth guys.

Not that its worth anything, but the Rychel-Harrington deal had a conditional 5th attached from Toronto's side. The condition was that if Harrington was waived at any point this year, we get their 5th. Obviously we will not be getting their 5th now.

major major

Feb 18, 2013
Hannikainen is the one that I'm not sure about. I might have said two-way only. Just looking at the forward depth chart he could easily end up like 15th or lower for the next couple years.

Harrington is solid. I don't get what people don't like about him. He doesn't get outmatched, doesn't turn it over. It gets sketchy without him on the depth chart.

Sedlak is obviously a great keeper. Kids talented and built like a tank. Weirdest development curve I've seen.

MoeBartoli

Checkers-to-Jackets
Jan 12, 2011
Hannikainen is the one that I'm not sure about. I might have said two-way only. Just looking at the forward depth chart he could easily end up like 15th or lower for the next couple years.

Harrington is solid. I don't get what people don't like about him. He doesn't get outmatched, doesn't turn it over. It gets sketchy without him on the depth chart.

Sedlak is obviously a great keeper. Kids talented and built like a tank. Weirdest development curve I've seen.

Agree on all three observations.

Xoggz22

Mar 4, 2002
Columbus, Ohio
Cool. I like all three. Good depth guys.

Not that its worth anything, but the Rychel-Harrington deal had a conditional 5th attached from Toronto's side. The condition was that if Harrington was waived at any point this year, we get their 5th. Obviously we will not be getting their 5th now.

Time to change your Avatar don't you think? :)

Also, the 5th only happens if he's claimed. Given he won't be waived it's not happening regardless.

EspenK

Sep 25, 2011
Maybe ownership/management felt the guys deserved to be paid? Don't know why you guys really give a s***, it doesn't matter whether they're on two-way or one-way deals.

Really? It is a matter of $ at both levels but it could matter a bunch if a team passes on a guy being sent down because of the one way. Without knowing the dollars involved it is harder to say to what degree but there is a difference.

Nanabijou

Booooooooooone
Dec 22, 2009
Columbus, Ohio
I was a little surprised by the timing of the Hannikainen signing. Anyone think this might have something to do with a future deal with Vegas?

Old Guy

Just waitin' on my medication.
Aug 30, 2015
These signings say something, but I'm still scratching my head to know exactly what it is.

If Vegas chooses a forward, I can see a spot open up for Hannikainen. They will lose Gagner and the Vegas pick and that makes room for PLD.

If Vegas chooses a D-man, like Jack Johnson, that makes room for Harrington on the 3rd pair.

But if Vegas chooses Korpisalo, the CBJ almost have their next year roster set already. There could still be a trade to open up a spot or two, but I just have a hard time envisioning how this would work.

In Jarmo I trust.

EspenK

Sep 25, 2011
Upon further review the fact they are one-way is pretty irrelevant imo due to the low amount of the deals. I think the message is hey we like you guys (as depth players) and we're going to pay you the same regardless of where you are playing(assuming they don't get claimed when sent down).

Nordique

Add smoked meat, and we have a deal.
Aug 11, 2005
Ohio
Something not quite right about this, and I'm thinking LV is somehow a consideration.

WannabeFinn

Beloved One
May 31, 2014
Columbus
simulationhockey.com
Upon further review the fact they are one-way is pretty irrelevant imo due to the low amount of the deals. I think the message is hey we like you guys (as depth players) and we're going to pay you the same regardless of where you are playing(assuming they don't get claimed when sent down).
That's exactly what I was trying to convey earlier :nod:

Jyrki

Benning has been purged! VANmen!
May 24, 2011
溫哥華
One/two way considerations only matter when it comes to the money being paid, by the way. Makes them harder to trade if they stink up the joint, though.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad