Confirmed with Link: Jackets re-sign Jake Christiansen to a 1 year extension

majormajor

Jun 23, 2018
I think we might be sleeping on Christiansen as a guy with real NHL potential. By my eye he's improved a lot recently.

Xoggz22

Mar 4, 2002
Columbus, Ohio
Good depth signing. Can play NHL games but I don't see him sticking without continued improvement to his skating. Decent size and skill, not sure he has the IQ that you want as a NHL defenseman but we've had worse. Glad he's back but without a rash of injuries he's ticketed for Cleveland.

Reactions: Double-Shift Lasse

CoachWithNoTeam

Jul 1, 2006
San Diego
He’s still quite young with room to grow, and has been a remarkably productive player in his first 3 seasons in Cleveland. I don’t think he’s very far behind any of the young D already on the NHL roster, but he’s probably #10-12 or so on the depth chart right now. I think he’s part of the reason we could consolidate some of our current roster D depth for the sake of adding top end players.

tunnelvision

Jul 31, 2021
Can play NHL games but I don't see him sticking without continued improvement to his skating.
This is what I recall thinking about during his last call ups. Could be a bit of exaggeration, but at that point he looked like a smaller Jake Bean with poorer skating. Offensive IQ is fine imo, with his shot and anticipation he's definitely a scoring threat on the rush, but defensive awareness hasn't been impressive. Needs to be faster, stronger and more competitive without the puck to establish his spot in the rotation next year.

Reactions: Xoggz22

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad