Jackets - Leafs best of 5 play-in

Status
Not open for further replies.

Viqsi

"that chick from Ohio"
Oct 5, 2007
40N 83W (approx)
Probably half what I want/half what I think will happen, as of all the things I like about Torts, his line combos/lineup decisions are probably some of the things I disagree with most...

Nyquist--Dubois--Bjorkstrand
Texier (Foligno)--Jenner--Atkinson
Bemstrom--Foligno (Texier)--Wennberg (gets a game or 2 from Torts)
Robinson--Nash--Gerbe

Werenski-Jones
Murray-Kukan
Gavrikov-Savard

KORPISALO
I'd object to having Foligno and Texier on separate lines in this setup. If you're going to have them potentially sub out for one another, I'd keep them on the same line with the same third guy thereon; that way if things go sour it's not as huge of a shift for all involved.

CBJWerenski8

Formerly CBJWennberg10 (RIP Kivi)
Jun 13, 2009
Korpisalo is the better goalie and gives the team a better chance to win hockey games.

Lets not forget that the overall team play was a HUGE part of the shutout streak Elvis had and that he looked like an average goalie (at best) other than for a very small period of time, when the break happened included.

Korpisalo has also paid his dues and NEVER looked as bad as Merzlikins has at times this year. Nobody can tell me the players are more confident playing behind Elvis.

Dubois/Bjorkstrand/Korpisalo will be given the respect they deserve from the hockey world and Canada very soon.

Korpisalo MIGHT be the better goalie, but Korpi has only played 5 games since December. Elvis is the more tested goalie THIS season, and most of the teams success this season came with him in the net. I'm not saying Elvis is the better goalie, I am still unsure, and I think both have a lot of the same issues, but I think by default it has to be Elvis due to the rust factor.

If Elvis struggles in the mini training camp, then I am certainly open to changing my mind. But I think going into that camp Elvis is the leader to start.

Socks

Stuff and Things Man
Nov 14, 2007
Stuff and Things
Korpisalo MIGHT be the better goalie, but Korpi has only played 5 games since December. Elvis is the more tested goalie THIS season, and most of the teams success this season came with him in the net. I'm not saying Elvis is the better goalie, I am still unsure, and I think both have a lot of the same issues, but I think by default it has to be Elvis due to the rust factor.

If Elvis struggles in the mini training camp, then I am certainly open to changing my mind. But I think going into that camp Elvis is the leader to start.
I honestly don’t think that can be used as an argument for or against anyone since nobody’s played in 2 months. But speaking strictly in a vacuum I agree.

Reactions: rotsbu and KCbus

CoachWithNoTeam

Jul 1, 2006
San Diego
I don’t know who will get the start. But from Dec 10-Dec 31, it felt like we were only winning because of Korpisalo, and from Jan 10-Jan 31, it felt like we were only winning because of Elvis. I would probably go with Korpisalo, but I would keep both of them on a short leash and play to having two capable starters as a strength.

MoeBartoli

Checkers-to-Jackets
Jan 12, 2011
How a goalie was performing in early March wouldn't seem to have much bearing upon possible June performance.

Torts will go with one or the other. That is my prediction. I also predict that he could change goalies after one game-or one period for that matter.
Hmmm....kinda going out on a limb there on the starter, CR. :laugh: :laugh:

Reactions: Cyclones Rock

CBJWerenski8

Formerly CBJWennberg10 (RIP Kivi)
Jun 13, 2009
Regardless of who the goalie is, I'm just giddy that we will get to see the ending of the season. Cancellation would have sucked. I hope everyone involved is healthy and gets through the season healthy.

Hello Johnny

Apr 13, 2007
With our luck, we'll win the lottery, win the play-in, losing 1st overall, then lose in the first round of the playoffs :laugh:

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->