Jackets interested in Redden?

Status
Not open for further replies.

1857 Howitzer

******* Linesman
Aug 27, 2007
Ohio
“@TSNBobMcKenzie: Multiple teams considering options on both. LA, STL, TOR, FLA among those kicking tires on Redden, ANA and CAR among those considering Gomez”

Jaxs

Jul 4, 2008
Careful if you are going to sign Redden

4398817656_7a00bb8ca6_o.jpg

CBJWerenski8

Formerly CBJWennberg10 (RIP Kivi)
Jun 13, 2009
I'll take Redden as a shot in the dark as a #7 dman. Let Savard fine tune his game, and if Redden blows, call Savard up and waive Redden. No lose situation

Sore Loser

Sorest of them all
Dec 9, 2006
Spokane, WA.
We have a ton of depth on defense, and plenty of cap space to sign him (as long as he's fairly cheap, which, after getting bought out for that much money, he should be). I don't see why he would come here, but if he did I don't really see the harm in signing him for depth. A guy in his circumstance will probably be looking to sign with a contender of some sort - his age is catching up with him, and as was mentioned above, he should be humbled and willing to accept his fate.

For these reasons, I think the Ottawa Senators will be #1 at the top of his list. He spent his best years there, and they are a team that is looking for defensemen after losing Jared Cowen for the year.

EspenK

Sep 25, 2011
To me it makes no sense. Unless the team really surprises and is one veteran d-man from becoming a contender I don't see why we need him. Let Savard, Erixon, Holden, etc be the 7th.

Iron Balls McGinty

Aug 5, 2005
Not sure we need him with enough D depth for the 1st time ever but at least we wouldn't be paying stupid NYR dolars for him this time.

Doug19

Oct 14, 2008
Columbus, OH
Would like to add a veteran defender to knock Savard back to Springfield. Savard needs to stay in the AHL and learn rather than up in Columbus. He's being rushed for no reason at all.

Paisano*

So with the Commodore fiasco still on the books, why would we want Redden? I'm curious who is interested in him, Howson or JD?

Mayor Bee

Dec 29, 2008
So with the Commodore fiasco still on the books, why would we want Redden? I'm curious who is interested in him, Howson or JD?

I'll go ahead and handle all scenarios here, under the guise of "normal board member"

Interested party
If it's Davidson: "Clearly he sees someone that would bring a stabilizing veteran presence to a young blueline. It would also allow one of Moore or Savard to spend more time logging 25 minutes a night in Springfield, which can be nothing but positive for their development.

If it's Howson: "Did someone forget to pin his mittens to his jacket? I'm hilarious."

Outcome - favorable
If it's Davidson: "That's why he was hired, to find guys who can still produce despite minimal interest elsewhere."

If it's Howson: "Obviously he listened to Davidson."

Outcome - dismal
If it's Davidson: "Clearly this was a Howson move."

If it's Howson: "That one-year deal is absolutely crippling. Does anyone else Nikita Filatov?"

Viqsi

"that chick from Ohio"
Oct 5, 2007
40N 83W (approx)
Holy moly no freakin thanks. We dodged the bullet not getting him the first go round.

:facepalm: Posts like this are why I kvetch about a "ineffably tainted with horrible failure" mindset that comes up here.

The "bullet" dodged was that we were going to pay him and play him as a top-4 or even top-pairing defenseman, which was undeserved. This was a legitimate concern AT THE TIME.

Now more time has passed. This is no longer a concern. Therefore it is no longer somehow some horrible nameless act of evil if we were to sign him for, say, $1m to be our #7D.

That the very thought of this would engender such a reaction of "omg onoes" and "who's to blame" speaks very, very poorly of our fanbase as a whole.

Seriously. "Is this Howson or Davidson?" :banghead: And exactly why the **** should that matter one ******* iota? Swear to G-d. Some people here. Unbe****inglievable. :shakehead

LetsGOJackets!!

Mar 23, 2004
Columbus Ohio
Give me a break..

sorry, my work stress caused me to lash out. What I should have said was, Wade Redden, that would be great!!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->