GDT: Jackets at Stars

Maylo

It never happened.
May 20, 2017
. Bob came up with saves he needs to make to win the game, but we also didn't give up too many grade A chances. .

(All situations)
CBJ Corsi: 58, Fenwick: 34, Shots: 28, Scoring Chances: 27, High Danger Chances: 9
DALLAS Corsi: 63, Fenwick: 39, Shots: 27, Scoring Chances: 35, High Danger Chances: 13

CBJWerenski8

Formerly CBJWennberg10 (RIP Kivi)
Jun 13, 2009
(All situations)
CBJ Corsi: 58, Fenwick: 34, Shots: 28, Scoring Chances: 27, High Danger Chances: 9
DALLAS Corsi: 63, Fenwick: 39, Shots: 27, Scoring Chances: 35, High Danger Chances: 13

I'll have to disagree with the stats here. I can't think of 22 high scoring chances the whole game, let alone 13 from Dallas.

Bob stood tall and made the saves. Grade A or not, he did well.

MoeBartoli

Checkers-to-Jackets
Jan 12, 2011
The 2nd half of the start of the season, yes..

The 1st half, no he wasn't.
My bad typing - and I'm good at bad - left autocorrect to say "has" when the intent to say "is"..... wasn't intending to reference just these first ten games.

KJ Dangler

Oct 21, 2006
Columbus
(All situations)
I really didn’t see more than a couple good shots by Dallas honestly. Defense kept them on the perimeter all night . Interesting stat...

Reactions: thebus88

major major

Feb 18, 2013
I saw Dallas get the puck in the crease often enough to score, but Bob was always there. It didn't look dangerous partly because of him.

CBJWerenski8

Formerly CBJWennberg10 (RIP Kivi)
Jun 13, 2009
I saw Dallas get the puck in the crease often enough to score, but Bob was always there. It didn't look dangerous partly because of him.

Maybe, but part of that being dangerous means the Stars would follow up with shots. It happened some, and he was there, and on other chances our defense would tie up sticks and he would come freeze it, or the D would fish it out and up the ice. I don't necessarily think of these situations as "high danger" unless the shot is taken.

major major

Feb 18, 2013
I liked Dubinsky/Wennberg Duclair when they were together in the first period. They had better cycles than either of the two bottom six lines Torts ended up putting out there (or not putting out there, rather).

I'm thinking it's time to flatten the minutes a little, because it's a long season and Torts needs to stop running the top two lines so much. What's gained by peaking now?

major major

Feb 18, 2013
Maybe, but part of that being dangerous means the Stars would follow up with shots. It happened some, and he was there, and on other chances our defense would tie up sticks and he would come freeze it, or the D would fish it out and up the ice. I don't necessarily think of these situations as "high danger" unless the shot is taken.

I could be wrong but I think they did get a few in close shots from the top of the crease but Bob was right on top of the puck.

Reactions: Viqsi

Theo Von

gang gang buzz buzz
Nov 15, 2013
I liked Dubinsky/Wennberg Duclair when they were together in the first period. They had better cycles than either of the two bottom six lines Torts ended up putting out there (or not putting out there, rather).

I'm thinking it's time to flatten the minutes a little, because it's a long season and Torts needs to stop running the top two lines so much. What's gained by peaking now?

Points in the standings/remaining in first place in the metro.

Maylo

It never happened.
May 20, 2017
I'll have to disagree with the stats here. I can't think of 22 high scoring chances the whole game, let alone 13 from Dallas.

Bob stood tall and made the saves. Grade A or not, he did well.
Look at 2 likes you have got. lol

EspenK

Sep 25, 2011
Points in the standings/remaining in first place in the metro.

True but you have to consider the long term impact of playing guys too much for too long of a stretch of games. Kind of like the runner who starts a 1,500 with a blazing 1st lap or two only to be left in the dust down the stretch.

Maylo

It never happened.
May 20, 2017
  • Looking at the sum of the parts, Corsica.hockey projects that Dallas had an expected goal total of 3.01 to the Jackets’ 1.85, so Columbus held true to getting what it earned, while Sergei Bobrovsky took care of diminishing Dallas’ chances. His 96.3 save percentage was 6.3-percent higher than expected based on the shots he faced.

Corsica is bought by that greedy Bobrovsky as well.

MAHJ71

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 6, 2014
NWA 217
  • Looking at the sum of the parts, Corsica.hockey projects that Dallas had an expected goal total of 3.01 to the Jackets’ 1.85, so Columbus held true to getting what it earned, while Sergei Bobrovsky took care of diminishing Dallas’ chances. His 96.3 save percentage was 6.3-percent higher than expected based on the shots he faced.
Corsica is bought by that greedy Bobrovsky as well.

Nope, nope, noooooooope -- those stats don't matter either! I disagree! :rolleyes:;)

Viqsi

"that chick from Ohio"
Oct 5, 2007
40N 83W (approx)
I really didn’t see more than a couple good shots by Dallas honestly. Defense kept them on the perimeter all night . Interesting stat...
They had a number of times when they got in very close with shots, and a number of cross-crease passes that could have been dangerous. And towards the end of the game was total pandemonium.

MoeBartoli

Checkers-to-Jackets
Jan 12, 2011
More stats from Alison Lukan in Porty’s The Athletic Post-game article:

.....the line that generated the most scoring chances and the most high-danger looks was the newly tweaked line of Alexander Wennberg, Brandon Dubinsky and Oliver Bjorkstrand. It bears mention that Wennberg and Bjorkstrand saw 100 percent of their shifts start in the offensive zone, but they did make the most of that time.

Cyclones Rock

Jun 12, 2008
That Anderson/Benn fight was awesome.

Two big boys just slugging it out! For a highly skilled player, Benn is an A grade fighter.

Hopefully, the NHL reaches agreement with former players and institutes effective concussion protocols and the soft ban on fighting will go away. Only about 5% of concussions are fighting related.

Nice to see Bob get out of his funk. He's a pro but he let the contract/pride situations get the best of him early on. It would be interesting to know if anything happened which led to his turnaround. A Vezina Bob is worth his weight in gold to this team.

Last edited:

KJ Dangler

Oct 21, 2006
Columbus
Look at 2 likes you have got. lol
I think I’ve been very consistent that the defense is a vital component of a goalie having a good night . Also said Bob was good last night . Our defense was a train wreck at the beginning of the season , and both goalies got shelled . I would probably be in the minority to also say I don’t think Korpi was bad against the rangers , 2 turnovers leading into 2 on 1s , and the 3rd goal coming on an uncovered tap in . Now the shootout is another discussion :help:. Last night we eliminated those miscues , as well as really kept Dallas to the perimeter , and I noted , it was probably our best defensive game of the year .

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->