GDT: Jackets at Stars

MoeBartoli

Checkers-to-Jackets
Jan 12, 2011
Bob #1 star tonight
Bob clearly #1 goalie on team
Bob has better than Korpi by a huge margin unlike what several posters have claimed.

thebus88

19/20 Columbus Blue Jackets: "It Is What It Is"
Sep 27, 2017
Michigan
LUUUUCCCC! This only seems fitting today...
Blue_jacket_NHL_Stan_Lee.jpg
Imagine if Torts spent as much energy holding Wennberg accountable to shoot the puck , as he does for Milano , Bjorkstrand , and Duclair to check :popcorn:

Shall we call what Torts does to these young skilled potential filled players, "cocooning"?

Please..?

Reactions: leesmith

Robert

Foligno family
Mar 9, 2006
Louisville, KY
Bob #1 star tonight
Bob clearly #1 goalie on team
Bob has better than Korpi by a huge margin unlike what several posters have claimed.
Bob was not good for many games this season so far.... only after getting benched did his head screw on... Korpi did his job, it's now time to move Korpi and get another backup...

But, if so, you will see Korpislao play on another NHL team if he's dumped...

Crede777

Deputized
Dec 16, 2009
How many players can Torts fit into the doghouse? Duclair, Milano, Bjorkstrand, Harrington, Werenski...

MoeBartoli

Checkers-to-Jackets
Jan 12, 2011
Bob was not good for many games this season so far.... only after getting benched did his head screw on... Korpi did his job, it's now time to move Korpi and get another backup...

But, if so, you will see Korpislao play on another NHL team if he's dumped...
I expect we'll see Bob in another uniform first. :cool:

Reactions: We Want Ten

major major

Feb 18, 2013
How many players can Torts fit into the doghouse? Duclair, Milano, Bjorkstrand, Harrington, Werenski...

I think the limit might be the minutes of whoever's not in the doghouse. Artemi looks like his legs are falling off.

thebus88

19/20 Columbus Blue Jackets: "It Is What It Is"
Sep 27, 2017
Michigan
Please just quit it already. A handful of disgruntled folks does not constitute board-wide orthodoxy.

Good lord.. Why are you people so self conscious when I utter a term or phrase and say I disagree with their idea, when I don't actually call out the people individually. I am not always going to name drop or quote all the people who feel a certain way that I disagree with. Doesn't meant these people and opinions don't exist. If you don't agree with the idea that I disagree with, I AM NOT TALKING TO YOU. If you do agree with the idea I disagree with, then tell me WHY I should shut up, not just simply that I should.

You people or you guys IS NOT the same as EVERY BODY. And people have been trashing our forwards (after Panarin) all year. Even some who now say "after 1 line", were saying we were weak "after 1 player", not long ago, or still do.

K, darlin'?

CBJWerenski8

Formerly CBJWennberg10 (RIP Kivi)
Jun 13, 2009
That's weird because he wasn't good at faceoffs before coming here.

He was around 48% which while not good, would still bring some stability to a team with a few guys who are in the low 40%. Nash himself is around 40% this year. Which is the lowest he's been since he was a rookie.

CBJWerenski8

Jun 13, 2009
I thought we played a pretty good game. Other than the final 5 or so minutes of the 2nd I thought we controlled the play. Our special teams is improving and our defense is tightening up which is good. Bob came up with saves he needs to make to win the game, but we also didn't give up too many grade A chances. Had no issues with the play. However, I wish our young guys would start playing better and earning their ice time.

Khudobin absolutely robbed Dubois.

CBJWerenski8

Jun 13, 2009

Duclair doesn't deserve to be there. Outside of Bjorkstrand showing sparks, he hasn't done much to deserve to leave the doghouse. I am concerned for Bjorkstrand.

I don't have any issues with his "doghouse." Werenski hasn't looked right at all since Jones came back. Which is weird since he was supposed to be better when he came back, because that was his main partner his whole career to date. He was really good early in the year, and has just existed since. He needs to be better. Harrington is what he is, a 6 guy on the roster. He doesn't usually play well enough to play more, and seldom doesn't play bad enough to leave the lineup either. He's just there. He's an option.

Murray stepping up has been a saving grace for our defense. Hopefully we start talking about it more, but the dude is playing his best hockey to date. The guy who was fine with being a 2nd pairing defenseman is finally blooming into what potential he showed as a 19 year old rookie. He's playing really well. It also allows Werenski time to work through his issues, and if he does we'll have 3 legit top pairing guys, with solid second tier guys in Nuti and Savard.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->