"Jack Todd is an idiot" -- Keith Olbermann

Lshap

Hardline Moderate
Jun 6, 2011
Montreal
I answered him on Twitter, blocked me within seconds, lol what a piece of sh** this guy is.

@jacktodd46 Halak is now is now 177-98 with a 2.39 GA for his career, counting time spent with some lousy teams. Little guy who battles.

@mccaffrey46 also counting time spent with some great teams...

@jacktodd46 So that's a reason to crap on him?

@mccaffrey46 ain't crapping on him, just getting things straight

@jacktodd46 Gosh. Thanks for teaching me about hockey.

@mccaffrey46 lol stop acting childish every time someone argues with you

Blocked :laugh:

Ironic - I had one exchange with the guy and it was also about Halak. Back in 2010 just before the playoffs he was predicting the Habs as a "One and done" playoff pretender. A fair but pessimistic opinion. Half way through the Habs/Pens series I emailed Todd suggesting he drop the pessimism and embrace the Halak-frenzy sweeping the town, saying I hoped he preferred the team winning to being right. It was a polite and friendly message. He wrote me back one-word reply: "Whatever". This is his chronic problem: he can't separate a story from his own itty-bitty feelings.

MasterDecoy

Who took my beer?
May 4, 2010
Beijing
Ironic that Olberman got suspended for being an idiot isn't it?

:laugh: sure. didn't see it that way. until you mentinned it

but he's still smarter than most people, especially todddddd

either way, i'd have to ask southernhab how we feelabout that stuff before i can render a properly educated judgment. opinion...

MT sucks

dmanfish90

How about 76 for 25?
Jan 5, 2011
Newmarket, Ontario
I answered him on Twitter, blocked me within seconds, lol what a piece of sh** this guy is.

@jacktodd46 Halak is now is now 177-98 with a 2.39 GA for his career, counting time spent with some lousy teams. Little guy who battles.

@mccaffrey46 also counting time spent with some great teams...

@jacktodd46 So that's a reason to crap on him?

@mccaffrey46 ain't crapping on him, just getting things straight

@jacktodd46 Gosh. Thanks for teaching me about hockey.

@mccaffrey46 lol stop acting childish every time someone argues with you

Blocked :laugh:

A somewhat similar thing happened to me as well...

Sigh. You and I are both better off anyways.

Sterling Archer

Sep 26, 2006
:laugh: sure. didn't see it that way. until you mentinned it

but he's still smarter than most people, especially todddddd

either way, i'd have to ask southernhab how we feelabout that stuff before i can render a properly educated judgment. opinion...

MT sucks

I'm actually a huge Olberman fan. Listened to him for the longest time on the radio after the morning show on 990 am when they syndicated ESPN radio. Way better than that dolt Colin Cowherd etc. and what we have nowadays. Smart, educated, well spoken and knowledgable on just about every subject, sports or not.

Fair is fair though, right? If he can dish it he can take it.

Burke the Legend

Feb 22, 2012
"@jacktodd46 Gosh. Thanks for teaching me about hockey."

Does Jack Todd even know how to skate? Really despise these arrogant journalists who think they are expert hockey analysts just because they're paid to talk about the subject.

Lafleurs Guy

Guuuuuuuy!
Jul 20, 2007
Todd is overcompensating for all the crap he gave Price for years. And the worst part was how personal his attacks were.

It could be argued that Price is the best player in the world now but to say that it's a "no brainer" that he should've been drafted ahead of Crosby is overdoing it by a lot. His assumption that Price will dominate for a decade and Crosby's in decline and "just another superstar" going forward, not o mention him saying it would be "heresy" to say this only a year ago - doesn't really make a whole lot of sense. Moreover, it ignores how great Crosby's been for the past decade. As good as Price has been, is there another player who you'd take over Crosby? Maaaybe Ovechkin? Todd doesn't really give the last ten years (and Crosby's cup) much weight at all.

Nice to hear Todd do an about face on Carey but he's still a very shotty journalist and has no business writing for a major newspaper.

Devourers

Sep 20, 2013
Montreal
The guy is a moron plain and simple and if he thinks he's convincing anyone otherwise then he's even dumber than I thought. It's like he thinks people who read his crap have no memory. We remember buddy :laugh:

Dominator13

Feb 20, 2003
hockey city
Dominator13
Todd does say stupid things, but the analytics crowd BADLY needs to tamper down the arrogance.

In Montreal they're a bunch of 12, 13 guys on Twitter (including our very own Mathman) who just mock everybody that has a different opinion.

For now they all have the same kind of personality too. They're all against everything that includes, hits, grit, toughness, fights and character. It's time advanced stats hit the masses so that people (from Jack Todd to Andrew Berkshire) take them for what they really are, a necessary COMPLIMENTARY information on a player. They're far from useless, but they're not an absolution science either.

AntonCH

Jul 6, 2009
Want to have fun with Todd
Ask him how he ended up in Canada?

Further to that both Todd and Marinaro are hypocrites
They love the exposure of social media but aren't willing to pay the price
Nipples too sensitive and noses out of joint for statements that are far from inflammatory
they are two different versions of the same persona

Hullois

Suck it Trebek
Aug 26, 2010
Hull, Qc
Todd is overcompensating for all the crap he gave Price for years. And the worst part was how personal his attacks were.

It could be argued that Price is the best player in the world now but to say that it's a "no brainer" that he should've been drafted ahead of Crosby is overdoing it by a lot. His assumption that Price will dominate for a decade and Crosby's in decline and "just another superstar" going forward, not o mention him saying it would be "heresy" to say this only a year ago - doesn't really make a whole lot of sense. Moreover, it ignores how great Crosby's been for the past decade. As good as Price has been, is there another player who you'd take over Crosby? Maaaybe Ovechkin? Todd doesn't really give the last ten years (and Crosby's cup) much weight at all.

Nice to hear Todd do an about face on Carey but he's still a very shotty journalist and has no business writing for a major newspaper.

Its tough. If Price plays at the level he's been playing this year for the next 5-6 years... it will be a close call. If we go achievements so far, definitely Crosby.

Born in 1909

Hockey Royalty
Nov 20, 2007
Montreal
From what I see in this thread is a mini gang up/pile on happening.

The Web at its ugliest.

Mods should lock this thread, imo.

Devourers

Sep 20, 2013
Montreal
From what I see in this thread is a mini gang up/pile on happening.

The Web at its ugliest.

Mods should lock this thread, imo.

I disagree. You don't see me bullying the guy, and if he wants people to stop mocking him maybe he should start learning more about the sport he's supposedly an expert on and stop saying the dumbest ****.

The guy clearly likes the attention he gets from saying these dumb things or he wouldn't do it.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad