Confirmed with Link: Jack Skille Signed

Crede777

Deputized
Dec 16, 2009
Our own Colton Gillies is Dalton Smith (provided you don't mind taking that kind of player in the 2nd round versus the 1st).

If he does score a goal, though, I will happily refer to him as Jack "Too-Much" Skille.

ucanthanzalthetruth

#CatsAreCooked
Jul 13, 2013
It's already all been said about Skille. Great asset is his speed, has no hands, and maybe the worst wrist shot I've ever seen. It's a classic logo finder. A typical Jack Skille shift would see him work hard, win a puck battle, fight his way toward the net, and shoot it weakly right at the goalie's chest. On the plus side, for Springfield, he may score 25-30 goals. He's a classic tweener, great in the AHL, but just not good enough for the NHL.

Crede777

Deputized
Dec 16, 2009
Does he have a tendency to commit a stupid / dangerous play? I hate those guys and really resented Dorsett for it. If not, great!

ucanthanzalthetruth

#CatsAreCooked
Jul 13, 2013
Does he have a tendency to commit a stupid / dangerous play? I hate those guys and really resented Dorsett for it. If not, great!

I wouldn't say he commits bad plays, it's just hard to put him on a line where he can succeed. He's not a really big checking forward or grinder, so he doesn't really fit on the 3rd or 4th line (although he's a decent pker). He's just not good enough for the 1st or 2nd line, that's why he puts up so few points and has a bad +/-, as he mostly plays a grinding role as a non grinder. Like I said he's a tweener. He reminds me of Keith Aucoin or Mike Santorelli, which probably isn't a good thing. :laugh:

Double-Shift Lasse

Just post better
Dec 22, 2004
Exurban Cbus
It's already all been said about Skille. Great asset is his speed, has no hands, and maybe the worst wrist shot I've ever seen. It's a classic logo finder. A typical Jack Skille shift would see him work hard, win a puck battle, fight his way toward the net, and shoot it weakly right at the goalie's chest. On the plus side, for Springfield, he may score 25-30 goals. He's a classic tweener, great in the AHL, but just not good enough for the NHL.

Then the Jackets organization will be using him in his "classic" role.

LetsGOJackets!!

Mar 23, 2004
Columbus Ohio
I missed Chimera

now we have a faster version.. of course I don't hear them saying he couldn't hit the glass on a wide open breakaway:sarcasm: Course Chimera was a good community guy eh?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad