Value of: Jack Roslovic (WPG)

Status
Not open for further replies.

DannyGallivan

Your world frightens and confuses me
Aug 25, 2017
Melonville
Curious what it would take to bring Roslovic back home to Columbus?
Second round pick and he's yours.

...well, that probably won't be enough now, but by the end of next season that may be too much for him. I'd take a solid third liner for him in a heart beat.

lilfedor

Feb 16, 2016
Cleveland, OH
My prediction is that, like every other time it's come up, it will cost more than we're willing to pay, since we have a lot of RWs already, and Roslovic is a bit of a young up-and-comer for Winnipeg.
I was more envisioning him taking the 2C position. One that COLUMBUS has lacked for years upon end (except for duchene era last season.)

lilfedor

Feb 16, 2016
Cleveland, OH
Not sure how highly regarded they are but 1 of Gavrikov or Nutivarra might be worth discussing. Jets need cost controlled players. Jets need upgrade on D.

this was actually my thought process - Jets need cost controlled players + defense. Thinking Murray or Nutivaara, or Carlson + Milano

Viqsi

"that chick from Ohio"
Oct 5, 2007
40N 83W (approx)
Not sure how highly regarded they are but 1 of Gavrikov or Nutivarra might be worth discussing. Jets need cost controlled players. Jets need upgrade on D.
Gavrikov wouldn't work; he's made himself essential on the second pairing. Nuti... maybe.

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
I don't see Roslovic netting a good second pairing Dman. Maybe a young 3rd pairing guy, with top4 upside. I think they need a solid defensive Dman more than anything, but maybe I'm wrong. Someone who can babysit the young Dmen. Morrissey is an excellent young player, but i think he has had too much of a load put on him.

Hunter368

RIP lomiller1, see you in the next life buddy.
Nov 8, 2011
this was actually my thought process - Jets need cost controlled players + defense. Thinking Murray or Nutivaara, or Carlson + Milano

Nutivaara makes significantly more then Jack will get next year.......so this trade in a bubble would hurt our cap. Not super familiar with Nutivaara and what his strengths vs weaknesses are........but unless he’s a clear top 4 D then no point discussing any trade regardless the pieces involved. Jets don’t need more bottom pairing guys, they only need clear top 4 D.

Hunter368

Nov 8, 2011
I don't see Roslovic netting a good second pairing Dman. Maybe a young 3rd pairing guy, with top4 upside. I think they need a solid defensive Dman more than anything, but maybe I'm wrong. Someone who can babysit the young Dmen. Morrissey is an excellent young player, but i think he has had too much of a load put on him.

OP didn’t say straight up......just asked what it would cost to get him on the CBJ. Bottom pairing D are worthless to the Jets, they have loads already. Only need is top 4 D, if anyone isn’t offering that no point discussing any trade and what it would cost.

lilfedor

Feb 16, 2016
Cleveland, OH
OP didn’t say straight up......just asked what it would cost to get him on the CBJ. Bottom pairing D are worthless to the Jets, they have loads already. Only need is top 4 D, if anyone isn’t offering that no point discussing any trade and what it would cost.
Nutivaara has played too 4 minutes for long stretches when injuries arose. He’d played alongside almost every d in the organization and for awhile was a top pairing guy.

the only reason he’s not top 4 on cbj is because we have two “locked” pairings with jones/Werenski and savaard/gavrikov.
If any of those guys go down Nuti is always the one who takes on their icetime.

Reactions: hn777

Hunter368

Nov 8, 2011
Nutivaara has played too 4 minutes for long stretches when injuries arose. He’d played alongside almost every d in the organization and for awhile was a top pairing guy.

the only reason he’s not top 4 on cbj is because we have two “locked” pairings with jones/Werenski and savaard/gavrikov.
If any of those guys go down Nuti is always the one who takes on their icetime.

Same exact thing can be said about Kulikov and I would never call him a top 4 guy. See my point? What position he plays on your team doesn’t mean anything, it’s more about is he a true top 4 D skill wise or not.....if he isn’t he would be zero interest to the Jets.....sooner keep Jack or trade him for picks closer to the expansion draft b/c he won’t be protected. Again if he isn’t a clear top 4 guy skill wise then the Jets have lots of bottom pairing guys already don’t need more or the increased cap hit.

BigBear83

Jan 29, 2013
Haverhill, NH
john moore +3rd+rights to jfk.. cost controlled dman , capable of both sides.. and has term, which im assuming winnipeg wants. give him a chance in the top 6 with krejci and see what he can do .. id be surprised if the jets did it though

howkie

Dec 13, 2014
john moore +3rd+rights to jfk.. cost controlled dman , capable of both sides.. and has term, which im assuming winnipeg wants. give him a chance in the top 6 with krejci and see what he can do .. id be surprised if the jets did it though
Yeah, we got a third round pick...

Dumais

It's All In The Reflexes
Jul 24, 2013
Same exact thing can be said about Kulikov and I would never call him a top 4 guy. See my point? What position he plays on your team doesn’t mean anything, it’s more about is he a true top 4 D skill wise or not.....if he isn’t he would be zero interest to the Jets.....sooner keep Jack or trade him for picks closer to the expansion draft b/c he won’t be protected. Again if he isn’t a clear top 4 guy skill wise then the Jets have lots of bottom pairing guys already don’t need more or the increased cap hit.
You comparing Kulikov with Nutivaara? Kinda curious what would a top 4 look like to you?
1st + prospect/2nd
2C (even potential/unproven 2c) prices sure have gone up on hfboards. I wonder if CBJ can recoup all the lost picks by trading Jenner? Couple 2nds and a 3rd (maybe even a 1st) is starting to sound reasonable for him.

Pongs21

It's not delivery, it's Sports Desk
Jul 18, 2011
Halifax
Curious what it would take to bring Roslovic back home to Columbus?
If I'm trading Roslovic, its for a similar aged ELC Dman with comparable upside. Not for a lesser valued D with sweeteners. Or put Roslovic in a package for a Dman who fits age wise and with term (Dumba or Ristolainen as an example - no this isn't a proposal Buf and Min fans)

Jimmyjets

Oct 22, 2014
If I'm trading Roslovic, its for a similar aged ELC Dman with comparable upside. Not for a lesser valued D with sweeteners. Or put Roslovic in a package for a Dman who fits age wise and with term (Dumba or Ristolainen as an example - no this isn't a proposal Buf and Min fans)

Correct. Moving him has to result in filling a hole long term.

Hunter368

Nov 8, 2011
You comparing Kulikov with Nutivaara? Kinda curious what would a top 4 look like to you?

2C (even potential/unproven 2c) prices sure have gone up on hfboards. I wonder if CBJ can recoup all the lost picks by trading Jenner? Couple 2nds and a 3rd (maybe even a 1st) is starting to sound reasonable for him.

Go back read my posts on it again, no where did I compare the two. The one poster stated Nutivaara played third pairing but can play in the top 4 with a legitimate top 4 line mate........I stated the same can be said for Kulikov and I stated I would never call Kulikov top 4 guy........never did I compare the two guys. I actually stated I’m not super familiar with Nutivaara and asked twice if he is a true top 4 guy or just someone who can play in the top 4 with a true top 4 guy for short periods of time (just as Kulikov does).

I also stated that trading Jack (in a package) for anything other then a true top 4 guy is a waste of time b/c we have lots bottom pairing guys.

Crede777

Deputized
Dec 16, 2009
I don't think Winnipeg has a reason to move him right now. It would require a team giving them a reason to move him (i.e. overpayment that makes the team more competitive right now). And I can't see a team going out of their way to do that for Roslovic who is good but not great.

FameFlame069

Oct 2, 2017
2nd 22 + 3rd/2nd 21 based on Jack's performance, 40+ points, Wpg gets 2nd 21, under 39 points and its a 3rd)

Milan-Sam-Jack excellent 3rd line that would probably score 40-60 goals in the season

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad