Jack Roslovic vs Erik Brannstrom

Who is worth more?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Blacephalon

Oct 12, 2018
Which player has more value?

I'm curious because apparently, some jets fan think that they could have gotten stone if they added roslovic. Don't see the jets so don't know what kind of player he is but his stats aren't that great.

Thoughts?

lomiller1

Jan 13, 2015
Probably Brannstrom, but it’s not really clear how much value Brannstrom really has. His being the centerpiece of a big trade recently may have artificially inflated his value. It’s a lot clearer to me what Roslovic is, he’s an offensively minded #2C or second line W. A lot of people expect Brannstrom could well be a high end #2 or even a #1 D-man which would make him more valuable by a comfortable margin.

DRW204

Dec 26, 2010
Brannstrom has more value

I think the problem some Jets fans had with moving Rolsovic in a deal for Stone was that it just wasn't Roslovic, it was the asks of 1st+Roslovic+ (ranging from Niku/Veslainen/Appleton/and or additional picks), for a player who wasn't guaranteed to extend with WPG.

Simply to much futures for a rental for a team that dearly needs contributing ELC's next season. There'd be huge cap-gymnastics needed to be done to fit Stone at 8x9.5M as well.

Reactions: snowkiddin

KevinRedkey

12/18/23 and beyond!
Jan 22, 2010
Brannstrom quite easily.

That said, I think "if we added Roslovic" sounds like the context was adding him to a package. That as a whole may have been better than Brannstrom, depending on the package of course.

Mickey Marner

Jul 9, 2014
Dystopia
Probably Brannstrom, but it’s not really clear how much value Brannstrom really has. His being the centerpiece of a big trade recently may have artificially inflated his value. It’s a lot clearer to me what Roslovic is, he’s an offensively minded #2C or second line W. A lot of people expect Brannstrom could well be a high end #2 or even a #1 D-man which would make him more valuable by a comfortable margin.

How is it clear that a guy who plays mostly on the 4th line is a 2C/W? Seems to be marginally less of a projection than Brannstrom will be a top-pairing defenseman.

Reactions: teravaineSAROS

stempniaksen

Oct 12, 2008
Brannstrom by a lot.

Tough to figure out what kind of package the Jets could have put together that would have topped Brannstrom, honestly. I think the Sens were looking for quality over quantity after the Karlsson fiasco.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad