Player Discussion: Jack Roslovic as the #2 Centre?

Will Roz end up as the #2C by the end of the season?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

scelaton

Jul 5, 2012
Good read, thanks. Seems like The Scheifele Effect has started to take a solid hold on the Baby Jets, spreading the values of hockey nerd-dom far and wide.
Interesting you should say that--I thought of Scheifele, as well, reading that article. In a league where the top players are all so naturally gifted, nerd-dom can make the difference between good and great.
At the risk of sounding bitter--which I am not at all--that factor is something Trouba, as an example, lacks.

Reactions: DRC, Stej and ERYX

MardyBum

Jul 4, 2012
Winnipeg, Manitoba
Playing with Scheifele and wheeler roslovic would be playing with arguably the 2 worst defensive forward in hockey. Roslovic has zero experience at centre. Big diffrence

Can you quantify or back up the "arguably the 2 worst defensive forwards in hockey" statement?

I ignored it the first time but your hyperbole towards any of our young skilled players is getting ridiculous.

Jerts

Mar 5, 2015
Winnipeg
I think he plays with Laine and Ehlers. We need someone who can keep up the pace with those guys.
Little isn't it.

Reactions: ocdaddy

StatisticsAddict99

Feb 24, 2017
Playing with Scheifele and wheeler roslovic would be playing with arguably the 2 worst defensive forward in hockey. Roslovic has zero experience at centre. Big diffrence

I think I lost some brain cells reading all that.

ERYX

'Pegger in Exile
Oct 25, 2014
Ontario, Canada
I voted no because it seems a bit of a stretch to me that having never played centre in the NHL, he’d be playing 2C in his first season at centre.

Also, many many young players suffer a sophmore slump and I am expecting Roslovic to take a bit of a step back this season then improving again

Mud Turtle

Jul 26, 2013
I have no doubt he will rebound. Also, Roslo at centre is great because throughout the year it gives us so many line combos. Connor Roslo Laine sounds fun.

I’m not sure he’ll rebound. I didn’t see him creating a ton of chances last year. It’s not like he was snake bitten. He just didn’t create much.
Maybe there was a nagging injury. I sure hope that’s what it was.

Neuf

Leaving HFBoards for now
Dec 17, 2016
All we need is a fast, defensively capable centre that can get to the net and get about 20 goals from Laine ricocheting them off their jock.

ffh

Jul 16, 2016
Can you quantify or back up the "arguably the 2 worst defensive forwards in hockey" statement?

I ignored it the first time but your hyperbole towards any of our young skilled players is getting ridiculous.
All I can tell you is this. Laine and ehlers are special offensive players and trainwrecks defensively and because of that Little is being blamed for way to much with what went wrong with that line. If roslovic starts at centre this year regardless of who his wingers are roslovic will be getting the 4th most toi of our centers.

Reactions: ulf

PhilJets

Winnipeg is Good
Jun 24, 2012
Somewhere nice
I put him as 3rd line center

Behind

Schiefele
Little
Roslo
Lowry

Thats not bad. I believe roslo has been working out all summer
From last that is the only flaw i had for him, which is he was still skinny to be able to handle a center role.
But the skills and motor is there.

Hope he clicks with perrault and petan as 3rd line offensive line.
Lowry line take the heavy match up.

While top 6?
Probably tops in the league.

Wheeler
Schiefele
Laine
Ehlers
Connor
Little.

Little will bounce back to 50 points

I go
Connor/Ehlers schiefele Laine
Ehlers/Connor little Wheeler

ps241

The Ballad of Ville Bobby
Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010
I am looking forward to Jack’s season but I am not sure where he is going to play, wing or centre?

MardyBum

Jul 4, 2012
Winnipeg, Manitoba
All I can tell you is this. Laine and ehlers are special offensive players and trainwrecks defensively and because of that Little is being blamed for way to much with what went wrong with that line. If roslovic starts at centre this year regardless of who his wingers are roslovic will be getting the 4th most toi of our centers.

That's fine. Ehlers and Laine DO need a Little on their line to help with defense, because they're offense first players. That doesn't make them two of the worst defensive players in the league, or "trainwrecks". Just because Little is "being blamed" doesn't mean you need to turn around and shit on other players.

Last edited:

DudeWhereIsMakar

Bergevin sent me an offer sheet
Apr 25, 2014
Winnipeg
Roslovic reminds me of Ryan Kesler, but I think he could have a much better upside potential. Like Kesler was also good at being a number two centre behind Henrik Sedin and can play well with very good players. I just think Roslovic is a better fit between Laine/Connor/Ehlers than Little could be, doesn't matter who is better or not of the two.

Laine-Scheifele-Wheeler
Connor-Roslovic-Ehlers

I've seen Ehlers and Connor work together and it upsets me that I never got to see them together until before Connor was assigned to the Moose in 2016. Roslovic also works well with Connor. Laine I think would be better with Scheifele and Wheeler as I find he fits in with them very well.

Reactions: Trilliann

Hunter368

RIP lomiller1, see you in the next life buddy.
Nov 8, 2011
Laine Mark Wheeler

Connor Little Ehlers

MP Roslovic Copp

Petan/Lemieux Lowry Tanev

I combo of puck retrieval, offence and defence on each line.

ffh

Jul 16, 2016
If the jets refuse to break up 1st line. Lowry playing his heavy match up minutes means the 4th line centre won't get many minutes just like last year. Maurice will not put little on 4th line to put a player with zero experience at centre on 2nd line.

Connor Scheif wheeler
Ehlers little Laine
Copp Lowry Tanev
Perreault roslovic Ves.
Roslovic and Ves replace hendricks and armia on 4th line. Then reevaluate at xmas

nhlpro

Nov 12, 2015
Peg City
Roslo is so much better then Little right now i can't wait for him to knock on Chefs spots in the future that's how much i love Roslovic!

nhlpro

Nov 12, 2015
Peg City
KC/Chef/Wheels
Ehlers/Roslo/Laine
Perreault/Little/Vesaline
Copp/Lowry/Tanev

Dano/Petan

Done Win Cup

That 4 th line is fun as heck to watch if it could stick all year probably 500 plus hits lol, I would also rather Petan on the 3rd and move Jesus to the 4th with either Copp or Tanev sitting, Go Jets Go

Adam da bomb

May 1, 2016
KC/Chef/Wheels
Ehlers/Roslo/Laine
Copp/Lowry/Tanev

Dano/Petan

Done Win Cup

That 4 th line is fun as heck to watch if it could stick all year probably 500 plus hits lol, I would also rather Petan on the 3rd and move Jesus to the 4th with either Copp or Tanev sitting, Go Jets Go
What a waste of Perrault on the 4th line. I'd play either Ves or Pet. I'd also play Ehlers little petan. Frenchy Roslo Laine.

Reactions: sipowicz

Adam da bomb

May 1, 2016
KC/Chef/Wheels
Ehlers/Roslo/Laine
Copp/Lowry/Tanev

Dano/Petan

Done Win Cup

What a waste of Perrault on the 4th line. I'd play either Ves or Pet. I'd also play Ehlers little petan. Frenchy Roslo Laine.

Reactions: sipowicz

YWGinYYZ

Jul 3, 2011
Toronto
So Roslo can't crack the Jets lineup until half way through the season and is a healthy scratch at times during the PO's but somehow he becomes our #2 C, okay then!:facepalm:

That's the exciting thing about young players - they have a tendency to break doors down when the timing is right, and their experience level, talent, and physical maturity all coalesce. See: Kyle Connor.

DeepFrickinValue

Formally Ruffus
May 14, 2015
All we need is a fast, defensively capable centre that can get to the net and get about 20 goals from Laine ricocheting them off their jock.
Need to get those jocks from “top secret” For an even 30.

My lord!!! Those aren’t jocks.

garret9

AKA#VitoCorrelationi
Mar 31, 2012
Vancouver
www.hockey-graphs.com
the fun of lines:
WPG

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad