Jack Parker retirememt

Oilers Chick

Jun 7, 2002
Philly in April 2014
Visit site
After 40 years! Who will take over? Leading candidates, anyone?

One of them would have to be associate head coach David Quinn. Some have said that Parker has been grooming him as his successor. Quinn has been responsible for much of, if not all of BU"s recruiting since joining Parker's staff five years. He's well liked by all the players, really respected by his coaching colleagues, both inside and outside of college hockey.

IMO, Quinn would definitely be a great candidate and is likely on BU's short list.

bigd

Jul 27, 2003
One of them would have to be associate head coach David Quinn. Some have said that Parker has been grooming him as his successor. Quinn has been responsible for much of, if not all of BU"s recruiting since joining Parker's staff five years. He's well liked by all the players, really respected by his coaching colleagues, both inside and outside of college hockey.

IMO, Quinn would definitely be a great candidate and is likely on BU's short list.
Quinn has been out of BU and with the Colorado organization for 4 years now but i'm sure he is still on the short list.

Oilers Chick

Jun 7, 2002
Philly in April 2014
Visit site
God, it's going to be so weird following BU without Jack. But I wish him nothing but the best in the future.

I've had the pleasure of meeting Jack Parker and he's always been very gracious to me, even when things were going very badly for the Terriers. I, for one, will miss his presence behind the bench.

bigd: Thanks for the heads up on that one. Forgot that he was with the Avs. :banghead:

Frank Booth

Feb 13, 2008
Lumberton, USA
Quinn did well with the absolute garbage and dreck that the Avalanche sent him during his three years in Cleveland. His last year, he didn't even have a real full time assistant coach. I hope he gets offered the job, and he would be a fool not to jump off that sinking ship that is the Avalanche organization.

bigd

Jul 27, 2003
USCHO is reporting that David Quinn will be the next BU coach. You can read more about it HERE.

If this does indeed become official, then Quinn is definitely the right man for the job. :nod:
A dream job for any former BU player. Those kind of positions only open up once in a lifetime. Congrats to David Quinn!:handclap:

Frank Booth

Feb 13, 2008
Lumberton, USA
I got to talk with David a few times when he coached the Monsters. His last stint as a player was in Cleveland with the Lumberjacks in 92-93. I asked him if the fact that he played here in the past influenced his decision to leave BU, and he said it did. He said he wanted to get experience as a head coach. I always figured that he was preparing himself for this day. I had heard that he had been offered at least one other NCAA head job, but turned it down. He got the job he always wanted. He's a good guy, and I'm very happy for him. And let's face it, the Avalanche organization is the toilet bowl of the NHL.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad