jack johnson

Discussion in 'NHL Draft - Prospects' started by NYR469, Jul 15, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
View Users: View Users
  1. NYR469

NYR469 Registered User

Home Page:
    this interview with jack johnson from mckeens back in march states that his dad (of the same name) spent time with the rangers & habs...but i don't see a 'jack johnson' listed in the player registry of the rangers media guide. does anyone know when he was with the rangers or habs? (or was he not a player)

http://mckeenshockey.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=277799

hockeydb.com returned 1 "jack johnson" but shows no playing career after graduating from michigan state

http://www.hockeydb.com/ihdb/stats/pdisplay.php3?pid=26392

2. db23

db23 Guest

He probably tried out in training camp for the Rangers and the Habs, but decided he didn't want to go through the grind of being a minor leaguer.

3. DaveyCrockett

DaveyCrockett Registered User

Home Page:
    Jack Johnson is a top tier defense prospect in the 05' draft. He was recently at the Kings prospect camp along with Crosby.

4. NYR469

NYR469 Registered User

Home Page:
    yeah i know...the article though made reference to his dad having been with the rangers and habs making him a 2nd generation player, but i couldn't find any reference to his dad anywhere else...

speaking of johnson and crosby, they went to Shattuck-St. Mary’s and in the interview johnson said that crosby is one of his best friends (mentioning that people know about sidney as a player but most don't realize how great a kid he is)

5. DaveyCrockett

DaveyCrockett Registered User

Home Page:
    Sorry, it was late at night and I missed the dad part.

6. db23

db23 Guest

Apparently Johnson and Sid Crosby are the two best players in the Kings rookie camp. :help:

7. NYR469

NYR469 Registered User

Home Page:
    i got clarification from the guys over at mckeens...what was written in the article was an error. the 'jack johnson' that i found over at hockeydb.com (link in first post) is jack johnson's dad...drafted by chicago but never played in the nhl

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.