Jack Johnson

• Thread starter The Finnish MacInnis*
  • Start date

The Finnish MacInnis*

What is the deal behind "Jack Mother****ing Johnson" and "Kill Jack, Kill!"? I guess I mean were there any specific indidents behind the creation of this nickname and phrase? Thanks.

THE LUBE

Jul 1, 2006
Irvine
What is the deal behind "Jack Mother****ing Johnson" and "Kill Jack, Kill!"? I guess I mean were there any specific indidents behind the creation of this nickname and phrase? Thanks.

Kill, Jack, Kill is from his days in Michigan. Ask Michigan fans if it relates to any specific incident, but it's probably just because Jack drilled people with a lot of force.

JMFJ is because Kings fans were so excited when Jack was acquired that a lot of said OMG, we just got Jack Mother ******* Johnson, and the name just seemed to stick.

PMP5030

Apr 25, 2004
RIGHT BEHIND YOU
Kill, Jack, Kill is from his days in Michigan. Ask Michigan fans if it relates to any specific incident, but it's probably just because Jack drilled people with a lot of force.

Not really any specific incident, but the legend of JMFJ was probably born in the game against Boston College his freshman year. It was a high-profile game against a heavyweight nonconference opponent and he had a game to remember, to say the least. First, he murdered a few BC players:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v5sZgVwbCNA

Then, he decapitated goaltender Cory Schnieder with a slapshot:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V6FmD1HecrM

Fun game to be at in person. By far the most phycially gifted player I've ever seen at Michigan, and I saw future NHLers there such as Brendan Morrison, John Madden, Turco, Comrie, Cammalleri, etc.

TheBannermen

Aug 2, 2005
Los Angeles, CA
The funny thing is that a lot of the tight-a** posters here get their little panties in a bunch when we say "JMFJ" or "Jack mother ******* Johnson" like we're hurting their feelings by being excited about having a top prospect.

dafoomie

Jul 22, 2005
Boston
I prefer Jack "dirtbag" Johnson myself, if anyone remembers his comments from draft day.

dafoomie

Jul 22, 2005
Boston
We have looked long and hard for this quote or any link whatsoever and no one has been able to come up with it. Until I see it I will just call it Carniac propaghanda.
No 'link' exists, as it was published in print only, in an article written by Gare Joyce which ran in the July 17th (06) issue of ESPN the Magazine.

It amounted to a complete rip job on Kessel.

backofthenet

Jul 31, 2006
That video just makes me embarrassed to be a King's fan. I am really pumped about Johnson, but stuff like that is just stupid and juvenile.

Lighten up, Francis...it's just a video and just a game.

Sorry if this is just beneath you.

TheBannermen

Aug 2, 2005
Los Angeles, CA
That video just makes me embarrassed to be a King's fan. I am really pumped about Johnson, but stuff like that is just stupid and juvenile.

Really? 40 years of nothingness and THIS is the one thing that embarrasses you about being a Kings fan?

Lighten up. We end up with the best d-man out of one of the deepest drafts in NHL history. Out of the same draft we found our franchise forward. It's actually OK to be excited about these guys.

In fact, if more people showed creativity and excitement when it comes to players and this great game, maybe the sport will actually freakin' grow in the States.

Granlund2Pulkkinen*

Is Canada turning into the Soviet Union now? Can you guys not smile.

I'd be extatic to have JJ on my team. He's the most passionate player I've seen play. I'll give you Shattenkirk for him ;)

tomd

Apr 23, 2003
Visit site

agreed...but then again it is mostly 15 year-olds who continue to use that silly reference.

Vagrant

The Czech Condor
Feb 27, 2002
North Carolina
Visit site
agreed...but then again it is mostly 15 year-olds who continue to use that silly reference.

I agree. Adding "MF" to the name of any player in the league could suffice for a nickname if you're not creative enough to think of one. Nicknames that are as forced as this one seem a bit contrived.

Alison

Sep 7, 2005
sudbury
There would be smiles if he was Canadian. I guarantee that!

We don't need to smile about JJ, we got Marc the human eraser Staal :yo:

Seriously though you got admit that video is kind of stupid. They could have made a much better compiliation with all his hits and goals. Anyways to each their own.

Vagrant

The Czech Condor
Feb 27, 2002
North Carolina
Visit site
still on the bitter bus...

I'm not bitter, I just think it's a dumb nickname. If it was Jarome MF Iginla it would still be a dumb nickname. I think players should give the players nicknames and if the fans want to pick them up then so be it. I think JJ is much more appropriate because it's likely what teammates call him. Just my two cents.

kingpest19

Sep 21, 2004
Me too, although I do find JMFJ slightly entertaining. The "nickname" was hardly forced btw, it came out of our shock at aquiring him. I want to start 100 JJ threads though, just to see how many Caniac manages to NOT post on. I'm betting it would be like 3/100.

Actually Caniac brings a different insight to JJ that some Kings fans dont want to acknowledge. Some see him as a player who is going to step in and dominate from day one where Caniac points out the flaws in JJ's game that will prevent him from doing it right away. Theres little things that JJ needs to change and Caniac just points those out.

still on the bitter bus...

Actually he got off the bitter bus along time ago,

FuTMaR*

I agree. Adding "MF" to the name of any player in the league could suffice for a nickname if you're not creative enough to think of one. Nicknames that are as forced as this one seem a bit contrived.

Aren't you the Canes fan that kept coming on the kings board saying Jack was horrible and would never amount to an NHL player?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad