Jack Johnson

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spectacular_Bid

Mar 22, 2004
Word out of Lake Placid is that U.S. defensemen Jack Johnson will not be attending the World Junior Camp because he is having his wisdom teeth pulled. Am I the only one who thinks this is totally ridiculous??? U.S.A. hockey has had some issues with this kids parents before, does anyone think this is the Johnson family on a power trip?? The won't cut him from the team, they can't but why schedule a dental appt. for the same time as the WJC tryout camp? Is it possible they are still irritated about not being selected last year?

Plager05

Mar 17, 2002
Sewers
Visit site
Spectacular_Bid said:
Word out of Lake Placid is that U.S. defensemen Jack Johnson will not be attending the World Junior Camp because he is having his wisdom teeth pulled. Am I the only one who thinks this is totally ridiculous??? U.S.A. hockey has had some issues with this kids parents before, does anyone think this is the Johnson family on a power trip?? The won't cut him from the team, they can't but why schedule a dental appt. for the same time as the WJC tryout camp? Is it possible they are still irritated about not being selected last year?

I dunno, sometimes you have to have that done on a timely basis because of pain, infection and possibly tooth buckling (straight teeth being pushed crooked). Or maybe he feels that it's not a good situation for him and he doesn't want to play at the WJC's. It's not like it's a crucial thing for his development.

Enoch

This is my boomstick
Jul 2, 2003
Cookeville TN
Spectacular_Bid said:

Whats the problem? They screwed him last year.....It doesn't hurt for the US camp to get the screws put to them everyonce in awhile. Even though I am an American and cheer for the US, it angers me to no end to see them hold grudges, etc. against kids that barely realize the weight of their decisions.

Spectacular_Bid

Mar 22, 2004
Enoch said:
Whats the problem? They screwed him last year.....It doesn't hurt for the US camp to get the screws put to them everyonce in awhile. Even though I am an American and cheer for the US, it angers me to no end to see them hold grudges, etc. against kids that barely realize the weight of their decisions.

Yes he probably should have made the team last year but I don't think he was screwed. Brian Lee shouldn't have made it but there are definately some other defensemen who would have helped, not just Johnson. By skipping this camp, he is thumbing his nose at the U.S. program.

Hab Fan

Nov 2, 2004
your information is completely wrong. Johnson has an emergency situation that has the possibility nof extraction of reerh, which includes his "12th" molar" that has been causing incredible pain and can only get worse. If it is not taken care of now he could loose the teeth and the dentists recommended it be taken care of now. He opted to have it done immedeately, since it was a problem during the last several months, rather than miss any of the Michigan season. I got this information from his advisor, UM and family. Certainly if USA hockey doesn't know where he stands talent wise, they are blind, or politically motivated again.

A Good Flying Bird*

Spectacular_Bid said:
Yes he probably should have made the team last year but I don't think he was screwed. Brian Lee shouldn't have made it but there are definately some other defensemen who would have helped, not just Johnson. By skipping this camp, he is thumbing his nose at the U.S. program.

Well, the US Program thumbed its nose at Johnson.
But you know what? Johnson finished off his season with the US NTDP program, he played in the U18 championships, and honored all his commitments.
I don't blame him at all.
It's only natural to flip someone off after they just flipped you off.

For Johnson's sake, though, he should let it go and play with the team.
No point in depriving himself the chance to play in a big tournament.

Hab Fan

Nov 2, 2004
Enoch said:
What problems has USA hockey had with his parents? Word from MANY parents on the U-18 team is that the family actually had NEVER met Rolston! How could there be a problem?

Spectacular_Bid

Mar 22, 2004
Hab Fan said:
since it was a problem during the last several months.

As far as I know, the camp dates were announced quite awhile ago. If his "12th molar" problem has been bothering him for the last "several months" shouldn't he have planned better?

Hab Fan

Nov 2, 2004
Spectacular_Bid said:
Your an idiot. Johnson's arents have NEVER met Rolston, let alone had more than a nod after games. I know this is true from several parents and people within the program. I remember meeting Mrs. Johnson at the draft and she said she has NEVER met Rolston! Further, Mr. Johnson had one conversation and told Rolston that he supports what they were trying to do and let him know if he could help. The only problem within USA hockey is that they wanted Kessel to be their boy, and Johnson, Skille, Stoa and Frazee threatened that. Usa Hockey wanted to counter Crosby, chose Kessel, and made sure no one else counted. Proof, Have you seen USA hockey say anything about two first rounders fron the USNTDP? Johnson is the 2nd highest choice ever, and the higheat skater ever! This messes up their Kessel promotion. Kessel compared to Crosby is a joke, as is Kessel to Johnson and Skille.

Hab Fan

Nov 2, 2004
Personally, he has already been drafted, by the way #3, and has a full scholarhip to Michigan, exactly what good does playing in the U-20 tourney do him? He has won a world U-18, and other IIHF tourneys with USA hockey, plus regardless of opinion, he definately should have been on last years team. I an a proud Canadian and say "go blue Jack"

Spectacular_Bid

Mar 22, 2004
Hab Fan said:
What problems has USA hockey had with his parents? Word from MANY parents on the U-18 team is that the family actually had NEVER met Rolston! How could there be a problem?

The problems I'm refering to are to name a few: Johnson's dad using a stop watch in the stands to time Jack's shifts. During his first year with the NTDP Johnson was called up to the 18 team for the Under 18 World Championships. When he left to move up, he was replaced as the captain of the 17 team. When it was time for the team picture, Johnson's parents demanded that Jack have the "C" on for the team picture. Also, when JJ arrived in Ann Arbor, his parents demanded that he be allowed to wear a "different" helmet than the other players. When asked why he needed a different helmet, the Johnson's replied "because Phil Kessel has one" The coaches explained that Kessel had a medical condition and he needed the helmet. So the Johnson's got a doctors note for Jack, saying he could wear a different helmet. Luckily Jack is a great kid and dropped the whole issue. These aren't rumors either, these stories come directly from coaches, players and staff at the USNTDP. There are more but thats not the point of this thread.

Hab Fan

Nov 2, 2004
Wow, your sounding like a bitter parent of a player. I only know what I hear first hand from people housing, playing and parents of the program. Specifically, I do agree Johnson wanted to wear his "c" in the picture. It was only fair, just because he was called up is the ONLY reason someone else became captain. He was elected captain at the beginning and deserved ro be in the picture with the C. By the way, it's not like they took the C off the other kid. As far as the helmet situation, it was NOT when he came as a 17 team member. He believed EVERYONE should wear the same helmet, same team, same helmet, same team. To prove a point, and put the gutless USA staff oc call he called their bluff. Guess what, they agreed to let Johnson wear a different helmet, but he wouldn'd dare! Total team player. Just proving a point ..

Hab Fan

Nov 2, 2004
On this note about his Dad having a stop watch, I asked Mr. Stoa about that way back, he told me that USA hockey themselves talked about how important practice was versus games and his Dad was just proving the point for his little son's team, who I believe is about 6. Boy, do you people get thing out of wack. I am starting to think there is some deep rooted jeolousy of Johnson and his family. I have met them all, and they are incredibly first class people. If rhey say the apple doesn'r fall from the tree, see for yourself.

Spectacular_Bid

Mar 22, 2004
Did you know that Jack Johnson Sr. claims he played for the Montreal Canadiens?? Did you know that Hab Fan? Weird? Seems you know about all these situations.

I just happened to check out a few of your previous posts where you ripped U.S. players, Brian Lee, Jack Skille, Phil Kessel and Ryan Suter just to name a few. Who sounds like the bitter parent?

Oh was the stop watch for Jack's brother or his adopted sister?

Spectacular_Bid

Mar 22, 2004
I apologize. I did not mean for this post to be a flame fest. I like Jack Johnson, I think he is a great player and as a U.S. hockey fan, I am excited for him to continue to represent the Red, White and Blue. My point was, I disagree with him missing the tryout camp because of a tooth problem that could have been taken care of a while ago. All I was asking was if anyone else thought it was intentional. Sorry if I touched any diehard JJ fan's nerves.

Sammy*

Hab Fan said:
Wow, your sounding like a bitter parent of a player. I only know what I hear first hand from people housing, playing and parents of the program. Specifically, I do agree Johnson wanted to wear his "c" in the picture. It was only fair, just because he was called up is the ONLY reason someone else became captain. He was elected captain at the beginning and deserved ro be in the picture with the C. By the way, it's not like they took the C off the other kid. As far as the helmet situation, it was NOT when he came as a 17 team member. He believed EVERYONE should wear the same helmet, same team, same helmet, same team. To prove a point, and put the gutless USA staff oc call he called their bluff. Guess what, they agreed to let Johnson wear a different helmet, but he wouldn'd dare! Total team player. Just proving a point ..
Looks like we have a hero worshipper here. Old Jack & his mommy & daddy can do no wrong.

Hab Fan

Nov 2, 2004
sorry you took my poste wrong, actually I am a Huge fan of Peter Muellr and Jason Lawrence and despite some earlier criticism, Jack Skille. You are completely wrong in thinking Johnson would miss the WJ"s for anything except an emergency. Actually, Johnson's Dad was indeed drafted bt Chicago and Cincinnati inthe WHL, but ended up going to training camp in Montreal and then NY, but got cut at both. I don't believe he claims to have been the "other Larry Robinson". Attending camp and playing some pre-season games certainly exceeds anything I ever did, and I do respect that. If you don't believe he was drafted by the Blackhawks, chech their media guide. By the way, do you know he is the only player in the history of the Big 10 th win a Big 10 Championship at two schools? I read that in the Minneapolis Tribune a few years ago in an article about the kid.

bigd

Jul 27, 2003
Hab Fan said:
Why was he not elected Captain again for the U18 team? I'm not trying to be smart. I'm just wondering if he was good enough to be elected Captain the first year the why not the second year?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->