Jack Johnson

Status
Not open for further replies.

Postman

Feb 27, 2002
Rabid Ranger said:
Yeah, the pic is from McKeen's. I ran it through some avatar resizing program to get it to spec. I haven't been this excited about an American born defensive prospect since Bryan Berard!!!
Thought so... I was considering doing the same thing for an avatar. Maybe all us USA hockey fans should sport a Johnson avatar. Talk about building up the hype.

I was too young/not into hockey enough back when Berard was drafted. But I don't think I've ever been more excited about an American prospect, period.

Rabid Ranger

2 is better than one
Feb 27, 2002
Murica
Postman said:
Thought so... I was considering doing the same thing for an avatar. Maybe all us USA hockey fans should sport a Johnson avatar. Talk about building up the hype.

I was too young/not into hockey enough back when Berard was drafted. But I don't think I've ever been more excited about an American prospect, period.

Personally, I think he's going to be a freak. I think people are going to be surprised at how good he really is. If he's named to the WJC team I think he'll be a key cog. I can't wait to see him waste some chump! :bow:

Postman

Feb 27, 2002
Rabid Ranger said:
I think he's going to be a freak personally. I think people are going to be surprised at how good he really is. If he's named to the WJC team I think he'll be a key cog. I can't wait to see him waste some chump! :bow:
Word up.

Rabid Ranger

2 is better than one
Feb 27, 2002
Murica
Postman said:

We could be looking at two of the best American prospects in a LONG time popping up at once in Johnson and Kessel. Add in Mueller, Stoa, etc, and the future looks very bright. I'm pretty much just salivating at the offensive talent that will be on the WJC team this year, especially if Schremp is named. :bow:

Postman

Feb 27, 2002
Rabid Ranger said:
We could be looking at two of the best American prospects in a LONG time popping up at once in Johnson and Kessel. Add in Mueller, Stoa, etc, and the future looks very bright. I'm pretty much just salivating at the offensive talent that will be on the WJC team this year, especially if Schremp is named. :bow:
It's been a long time since we've had this much talent coming up. There were very few top-end American prospects in the mid-to-late nineties. Now in the 2000's we're starting to see a lot more. With 2003 being the strongest, and 2006 looking like it could be similar.

Captain Conservative

Apr 1, 2004
My Blue Heaven
Postman said:

I love the idea. Unless Jack self destructs, i'm sure he'll be on the U20 team. I'll probably flip out avatars here shortly.

Postman

Feb 27, 2002
Captain Conservative said:
I love the idea. Unless Jack self destructs, i'm sure he'll be on the U20 team. I'll probably flip out avatars here shortly.
It's on.

Postman

Feb 27, 2002
cagney said:
Nice. It's all about Jack.

BTW, Chris Cahill recently left the NTDP due to lack of ice time. And apparently there are some other players on the team that are complaining about lack of playing time and may end up leaving as well. I wonder if Nathan Gerbe is one of them.

Although John Kemp, who left the NTDP earlier this year, left due to a DUI.

Seachd

Mar 16, 2002
Postman said:

Well, I won't change my avatar (it already has a pretty good American player), but I agree about Johnson. I could seriously see him challenging for #2 this year. Which really sucks, because he would be the absolute perfect pick for my Oilers.

Hab Fan

Nov 2, 2004
Postman said:
Nice. It's all about Jack.

BTW, Chris Cahill recently left the NTDP due to lack of ice time. And apparently there are some other players on the team that are complaining about lack of playing time and may end up leaving as well. I wonder if Nathan Gerbe is one of them.

Although John Kemp, who left the NTDP earlier this year, left due to a DUI.
Cahill did NOT leave because of ice time-another player left Saturday also. There is something rotten inside the program, it will come out sooner or later. I heard this from several parents of players, VERY reliable sources.

Hab Fan

Nov 2, 2004
markov` said:
Who has seen him play ? I'm trying to find some scouting reports on him but I can't. What are his stats this season ? Strenghts ? Weaknesses ?
Reading thtough this sight I figured out who Johnson plays like--no one else! He is very unique, as Ken Holland said "combination of Konstantinov and Lidstrom". It is very rare to find a D man so physical, has great offensive talents and a 4.0 student. He is no Leetch, more physical, he is no Hannan, more talented. I truly believe he is one of those rare players. If he doesn't make WJ, it is a travesty, or should I say, political. As a Canadian, I sure hope he ends up In Montreal, but looks like he will climb in the rankings. Probably end up 2-4. If you watch him enough you appreciate him even more. His apparent weakness, defence, is NOT true! This kid does run around sometimes because he can, and certainly will be coached pretty well at Michigan. You can't teach heart and skill.

PuckFan01

Apr 14, 2002
Visit site
Hab Fan said:
Cahill did NOT leave because of ice time-another player left Saturday also. There is something rotten inside the program, it will come out sooner or later. I heard this from several parents of players, VERY reliable sources.

Well, what is it then? Anybody who has been around youth hockey long enough has seen how parents twist things into something they are not because their little angel isn't the team's best player like they were accustomed to in the past and he isn't getting all the prime spots

Postman

Feb 27, 2002
Hab Fan said:
According to USHR, that's precisely why he left. They've confirmed it through multiple sources, including parents, coaches, and agents.

I'm inclined to take their word over someone who seems to have a vendetta against the program.

Who was the other player that left?

Rabid Ranger

2 is better than one
Feb 27, 2002
Murica
Postman said:
According to USHR, that's precisely why he left. They've confirmed it through multiple sources, including parents, coaches, and agents.

I'm inclined to take their word over someone who seems to have a vendetta against the program.

Well, if there is something "very rotten" with the program, it's sure being hidden well and not affecting the on ice performance of the program. You hear of stuff like this all the time out of hockey circles, and typically it's out of the mouth of vindictive parents who are pissed that their kids aren't getting "x" amount of ice time.

Postman

Feb 27, 2002
Rabid Ranger said:
Well, if there is something "very rotten" with the program, it's sure being hidden well and not affecting the on ice performance of the program. You hear of stuff like this all the time out of hockey circles, and typically it's out of the mouth of vindictive parents who are pissed that their kids aren't getting "x" amount of ice time.
Yeah, I just don't buy it. Sounds completely made up by pissed off parents of spoiled kids.

Coincidentally, John Doherty just left UNH for the USHL. He was a teammate of Cahill's at Andover.

Rabid Ranger

2 is better than one
Feb 27, 2002
Murica
Postman said:
Yeah, I just don't buy it. Sounds completely made up by pissed off parents of spoiled kids.

Coincidentally, John Doherty just left UNH for the USHL. He was a teammate of Cahill's at Andover.

I'm not surprised about Doherty. He just didn't seem like college material to me, kind of like Jesse Lane. I wonder if Toronto influenced his decision at all?

Postman

Feb 27, 2002
Rabid Ranger said:
I'm not surprised about Doherty. He just didn't seem like college material to me, kind of like Jesse Lane. I wonder if Toronto influenced his decision at all?
I'm sure they had a say, but USHR doesn't specify his reasons.

Hab Fan

Nov 2, 2004
Postman said:

NOT by parents who have "Vendettas". Stuart is the kid that left. On ice is not effected, kids are too talented. Problem stems from "double/triple " standards, lack of discipline, no respect for coaches. Ice time NEVER came up with the parents. just read USHR report on Cahil leaving, the bottom says it all, especially no comment from coach. Don't you think he would defend his program if there weren't some truth? I personally have nothing but the highest regard for the programs concept, it just seems the execution might be in question. Remember, 6 kids have left and it wasn't about ice time. I am obligated to the promise made to a couple parents on confidentiality otherwise I would say more. Just understand and believe this--this is NOT about ice time by spoiled kids!

Postman

Feb 27, 2002
Hab Fan said:
NOT by parents who have "Vendettas". Stuart is the kid that left.
And where's Stuart going? Why did Cahill leaving get reported, but not Stuart?
Hab Fan said:
On ice is not effected, kids are too talented. Problem stems from "double/triple " standards, lack of discipline, no respect for coaches. Ice time NEVER came up with the parents. just read USHR report on Cahil leaving, the bottom says it all, especially no comment from coach.
So if you just read it, how come you say ice time never came up with the parents? Is that not what the article says? That they've been hearing from coaches, parents, and agents that ice time was a concern for Cahill?

Hab Fan said:
Don't you think he would defend his program if there weren't some truth?
He wished Cahill the best of luck on his future endeavors. But as for other players leaving, that's what he didn't comment on. So maybe there's some truth to the lack of ice time, but as far as double standards, lack of discipline, and no respect for coaches... who knows, really.

Hab Fan said:
I personally have nothing but the highest regard for the programs concept, it just seems the execution might be in question. Remember, 6 kids have left and it wasn't about ice time. I am obligated to the promise made to a couple parents on confidentiality otherwise I would say more. Just understand and believe this--this is NOT about ice time by spoiled kids!
What other six kids? Nathan Lawrence, who got kicked out for disciplinary reasons. John Kemp for his DUI. Now Cahill for lack of ice time or whatever else you claim is the reason. Who are the other three? Stuart, Birnstill, and Foligno?

Hab Fan

Nov 2, 2004
Postman said:
And where's Stuart going? Why did Cahill leaving get reported, but not Stuart?

So if you just read it, how come you say ice time never came up with the parents? Is that not what the article says? That they've been hearing from coaches, parents, and agents that ice time was a concern for Cahill?

He wished Cahill the best of luck on his future endeavors. But as for other players leaving, that's what he didn't comment on. So maybe there's some truth to the lack of ice time, but as far as double standards, lack of discipline, and no respect for coaches... who knows, really.

What other six kids? Nathan Lawrence, who got kicked out for disciplinary reasons. John Kemp for his DUI. Now Cahill for lack of ice time or whatever else you claim is the reason. Who are the other three? Stuart, Birnstill, and Foligno?
Due to the nature of the REAL reason, the others involved and respecting their feelings, I cannot say more. Ice time is a concern for all players, but NOT why he left. Cahill and Stuart, by all accounts, were class kids, well liked and are headed for Ivy league schools. True character kids and a loss for sure. By the way, what do you expect him to say about Cahill? There covering for someone and that's a FACT! My sources are very reliable and there are innocent people involved,and things are better left to the proper authorities, hint, hint.

Hab Fan

Nov 2, 2004
Stuart wasn't reported because he left Saturday night according to the press.

Postman

Feb 27, 2002
Hab Fan said:
Due to the nature of the REAL reason, the others involved and respecting their feelings, I cannot say more. Ice time is a concern for all players, but NOT why he left. Cahill and Stuart, by all accounts, were class kids, well liked and are headed for Ivy league schools. True character kids and a loss for sure. By the way, what do you expect him to say about Cahill? There covering for someone and that's a FACT! My sources are very reliable and there are innocent people involved,and things are better left to the proper authorities, hint, hint.
Ok then... let me ask you this...

You say things are better left to the proper authorities. Does that imply that the proper authorities are already involved and that this may be an issue that will soon come to the forefront and you will no longer have to be so secretive about it?

cagney

cdojdmccjajgejncjaba
Jun 17, 2002
USHR has a piece on Stuart leaving up now. They also imply that the problem isn't just with the supporting cast but the star players as well. This is the second year in a row that I've heard about problems with the U18 team. Hopefully they can pull through the hard times without losing anybody else and finish the year strong like last years team.

:dunno:

Postman

Feb 27, 2002
cagney said:
USHR has a piece on Stuart leaving up now. They also imply that the problem isn't just with the supporting cast but the star players as well. This is the second year in a row that I've heard about problems with the U18 team. Hopefully they can pull through the hard times without losing anybody else and finish the year strong like last years team.

:dunno:
Where does the problem stem from? Hab Fan seems to imply it stems from one individual.

Who is it and what the in the hell could they be doing to cause all this?

You can't blame kids like Bobby Ryan going the CHL route. Who would wanna deal with that crap.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->