Jack Johnson vs Erik Johnson

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rabid Ranger

2 is better than one
Feb 27, 2002
Murica
As much as I like Jack Johnson I think Erik has the higher ceiling. He's more advanced at the same age and has size that Jack never will.

Dec 30, 2003
Visit site
Both looked like dynamite playing together at the WJC. Jack Johnson has looked like a stud before and after that tourny. Eric Johnson has gone back to being a very good player coming out of this draft.

johnny_rudeboy

Mar 20, 2006
Karlstad
Eric Johnsson is the #1 ranked guy in this years draft and Jack Johnsson is the d-man that Hurricanes drafted last time around? Or have I missed something? :dunno:

Buffalo87

thehosers dot com
Mar 22, 2006
Rochester
johnny_rudeboy said:
Eric Johnsson is the #1 ranked guy in this years draft and Jack Johnsson is the d-man that Hurricanes drafted last time around? Or have I missed something? :dunno:

Yeah but last years draft included Crosby and Jack Johnson could have easily been taken over Ryan. If Erik was drafted last year he would have gone right around the same spot as Jack. I would probably take Jack over Erik.

scoutman1

Twitter - scoutman33
Feb 19, 2005
www.facebook.com
I think alot of people are going to pick Erik even though IMO Jack is the better player all around. Erik is the flavour of the month type thing and alot of people will be jumping on his bad wagen. But Jack is just amazing.

The Maltais Falcon

Jan 9, 2005
Atlanta, GA
johnny_rudeboy said:
You haven't missed anything, but the Swede in you has added an 's' to each of their surnames!

Caesium

Apr 13, 2006
I like Eric's size, but honestly I haven't seen either of them play enough to make a fair comparison. They're both going to be stellar.

bleedgreen

Dec 8, 2003
colorado
Visit site
i dont think it would be an issue if this was last years draft. erik isnt any more developed than jack. as someone esle said, its about the flvaor of the month. on hf younger prospect>better prospect.

hockeyfan125

Jul 10, 2004
Erik outperformed Jack at the WJC, and is younger and bigger. Jack plays a bit of a Ray Bourque kind of game, but more physical. AGAIN: this is just a style comparison, NOT saying JJ will have as good a career as Ray. People really have problems with that.

bleedgreen

Dec 8, 2003
colorado
Visit site
i wouldnt base a lot of career judgement off of one tourney. mind you - jj got named the the tourney team, did he not? one year difference at 18-19 also isnt much of a thing to judge a defensemans career on. just because he is a year younger doesnt mean he has a higher ceiling or can learn to do what jj does in a year. the things erik does better will likely just come with time and coaching. there really isnt a coach to teach the things that jj does better.

heygarebear

Blues
Feb 28, 2002
STL - Nashville
bleedgreen said:
i wouldnt base a lot of career judgement off of one tourney. mind you - jj got named the the tourney team, did he not? one year difference at 18-19 also isnt much of a thing to judge a defensemans career on. just because he is a year younger doesnt mean he has a higher ceiling or can learn to do what jj does in a year. the things erik does better will likely just come with time and coaching. there really isnt a coach to teach the things that jj does better.
if the Blues draft Erik.. well obviously I like Johnson better :sarcasm:

but seriously.. I'm gonna say they are equal.. for now anyway

Hunter Gathers

The Crown
Feb 27, 2002
parts unknown
bleedgreen said:
i dont think it would be an issue if this was last years draft. erik isnt any more developed than jack.

You're right, but he certainly has a higher ceiling than Jack does and has a very good chance of hitting every bit of it.

He is not some "flavor of the month" kind of player. He's the real deal.

Roger's Pancreas*

jtuzzi said:
Erik outperformed Jack at the WJC, and is younger and bigger. Jack plays a bit of a Ray Bourque kind of game, but more physical. AGAIN: this is just a style comparison, NOT saying JJ will have as good a career as Ray. People really have problems with that.

Bang on. I'd also like to add that Jack has also has more of an edge.

bleedgreen

Dec 8, 2003
colorado
Visit site
Jon Prescription said:
You're right, but he certainly has a higher ceiling than Jack does and has a very good chance of hitting every bit of it.

He is not some "flavor of the month" kind of player. He's the real deal.
im not saying he is a flavor of the month in terms of real ability, just in terms of how he is viewed here. i think he's great, i watched the wjc's as well. no doubt he is a top prospect. i just dont agree about his ceiling. i dont see what he has that jj doesnt, and wouldnt be able to do in time. much is made about jj being a psycho....and its mostly true, but what is forgotten is that he is a great defenseman. i think erik seems to be more steady whereas jj seems to be more of a gamebreaker. you cant teach gamebreaker but you can teach a gamebreaker to calm down and play his position.

Hockey-Freak

Apr 18, 2005
bleedgreen said:
im not saying he is a flavor of the month in terms of real ability, just in terms of how he is viewed here. i think he's great, i watched the wjc's as well. no doubt he is a top prospect. i just dont agree about his ceiling. i dont see what he has that jj doesnt, and wouldnt be able to do in time. much is made about jj being a psycho....and its mostly true, but what is forgotten is that he is a great defenseman. i think erik seems to be more steady whereas jj seems to be more of a gamebreaker. you cant teach gamebreaker but you can teach a gamebreaker to calm down and play his position.

:handclap:
That´s almost poetic compared to HF-average.

BTW: I totally agree with you.

MN_Gopher

May 2, 2002
Mpls
Visit site
I think both are about as even as they come in ability. And if one is behind in one area he is ahead in another. But the thing that does it for me is i think Erik will be on the ice more. While Jack is in the box more. I'd rather have Erik with his 70 PIM vs Jack with his 120 PIM. There ice time will be different. But this is about all i can think of to take one over the other.

fedorov_jr

May 8, 2002
Vancouver
Visit site
who would you say can put up more points at the NHL level? is erik a punisher who's gonna be a stay at home type, or will he be able to qb a powerplay? any NHL comparisons for him and jack?

hockeyfan125

Jul 10, 2004
fedorov_jr said:
who would you say can put up more points at the NHL level? is erik a punisher who's gonna be a stay at home type, or will he be able to qb a powerplay? any NHL comparisons for him and jack?
Jack is a more physical Ray Bourque (style, again I re-interate a very similar STYLE of game).

Erik is a more mobile Chris Pronger type of player.

MN_Gopher

May 2, 2002
Mpls
Visit site
jtuzzi said:
Jack is a more physical Ray Bourque (style, again I re-interate a very similar STYLE of game).

Erik is a more mobile Chris Pronger type of player.

Erik is not going to hit you as often, But when he does, you will feel it. Jack is more of a hit all time guy. JJ plays alot like Ballard does. Wild at times but always going at 100%. And has a tendancy to get out of position while going for that one big hit.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->