Jack Johnson V.S. Shea Weber

Status
Not open for further replies.

Anthony Mauro

DraftBuzz Hockey
Oct 3, 2004
www.draftbuzzhockey.com
I pick Weber because he can do the things Jack does in a bigger frame. Durability would be a factor, and Weber has proven he can make the jump to the AHL. Jack most likely will too, but Shea Weber has already put up 12 goals, 27 points, and punished people.

Steve Latin*

Upside of Shea Webber is Adam Foote.

Upside of Jack Johnson is Chris Chelios.

Which player would you rather have early in his career?

clay

Aug 25, 2005
Vancouver
Jack Johnson is as fast as Niedermayer, as tough as Willie Mitchell, and as offensivly gifted as Ed Jovanovski... enough said.

nuckfan insk

Nov 3, 2005
saskatoon Sask
weber hands down. knows how to win (3 straight memorial cup appearances). tougher and he is a big strong canadian kid. weber can do it all. i have weber just a hair under phaneuf right now. jj is good and id love the canucks to have either but.... if i was forced to chose right now... today i would rather have weber.

Korpido

Jul 15, 2005
HabLover said:

Why did I know that this thread would have an assinine comment from you?

And I'd take Johnson. He's the better offensive player and has a real edge to his game.

nuckfan insk

Nov 3, 2005
saskatoon Sask
reidy said:
What does his being Canadian have to do with anything?

"big strong canadian kid..."

Please.
what i meant by that was that he developed in the chl in canada where its a more pro like grind (72 games vs like 30 in ncaa) far more physical league. the whl churns out more stud d men than ncaa. it wasnt a canada vs us sorry if you percieved it that way. please lets not have a big can vs us thread.

mytor4*

well i'm from canada and i would take jj without blinking an eye.

reidy

@reidjjackson
dannoabram said:
what i meant by that was that he developed in the chl in canada where its a more pro like grind (72 games vs like 30 in ncaa) far more physical league. the whl churns out more stud d men than ncaa. it wasnt a canada vs us sorry if you percieved it that way. please lets not have a big can vs us thread.

Ok, just thought it was just another ignorant comment along the lines of me saying, "JJ because Americans are smarter hockey players."

I see your point though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad