Jack Johnson Update

damacles1156

Feb 5, 2010
Jack has always played better when he is the "GUY".

Good for Jack, now get out of the minus column Jackie.

King'sPawn

Enjoy the chaos
Jul 1, 2003
I always had a soft spot for Johnson. He struggled defensively when it comes to analyzing the play, but he was unbeatable 1 on 1.

I hope he has a great career. The Blue Jackets are lucky they have him

Ziggy Stardust

Master Debater
Jul 25, 2002
Parts Unknown
Jack's a good kid who always put the team ahead of himself. He's one of the least selfish athletes and a hard worker to boot. I always liked him and defended him. He'll turn things around, he has too much talent not to and doesn't give up in trying to improve his game.

DocWest

Rock Bottom
Oct 21, 2010
Los Angeles
I'll always be a fan of JMFJ. I know he was a little bitter when he left LA, but I can't hold that against him.

Raccoon Jesus

Todd McLellan is an inside agent
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
I always had a soft spot for Johnson. He struggled defensively when it comes to analyzing the play, but he was unbeatable 1 on 1.

I hope he has a great career. The Blue Jackets are lucky they have him

Amen. I'm definitely still a fan. Maybe even more so now...:sarcasm:

But really, awesome how he just took full ownership of the team as soon as he landed in Columbus. Great dude.

BringTheReign

Jul 3, 2008
San Diego
I still wear my Johnson jersey to games. The kid worked his ass off here, it's unfortunate he couldn't make the transition from college to the pros as well as many expected him to, but effort has never been the issue.

He's a hell of a warrior and ambassador for Team USA, as well.

johnjm22

Pseudo Intellectual
Aug 2, 2005
I really want to see that franchise succeed. I hope they get it turned around. Columbus could be a great hockey town.

(Kind of ironic that I feel this way because they HATE us over their)

Steve Zissou

I'll order you a red cap and a Speedo.
Feb 3, 2006
City of Angels
If you recall Jack always stepped up and played like a stallion when Donuts was out of the lineup, so it only makes sense that he'd succeed somewhere else.

Good for him, and good trade for the Blue Jackets.

Matthew

OK Boomer
Dec 21, 2006
Columbus, Ohio
His extra ice time tonight (35 mins) was because Wisniewski went out with a concussion and possibly other injuries early in the 2nd period. Yeah, he definitely stepped up in that situation.

It's rare that a trade does so much good for both teams like this one has so far.

BlueJacket2

Feb 26, 2012
I really want to see that franchise succeed. I hope they get it turned around. Columbus could be a great hockey town.

I admire the kind words. Only problem is everyone says that because they feel sorry for us....except some Canadians who think we shouldn't have a team. :laugh: I feel the ship is finally starting to right itself.

I don't hate you, I just want the LAK to miss the playoffs. :sarcasm: We can settle this Tuesday. I have been waiting for this game and will be in attendance. :fence:

xavi4life

Mr. Irreverent
Jun 30, 2007
Los Angeles
Jack's a good kid who always put the team ahead of himself. He's one of the least selfish athletes and a hard worker to boot. I always liked him and defended him. He'll turn things around, he has too much talent not to and doesn't give up in trying to improve his game.

This. In dark times he got put up on pedestal which was pretty unfair to him. I'm glad he's gone so he can finally move on and play his game on a team that needs him.

King'sPawn

Enjoy the chaos
Jul 1, 2003
I admire the kind words. Only problem is everyone says that because they feel sorry for us....except some Canadians who think we shouldn't have a team. :laugh: I feel the ship is finally starting to right itself.

I don't hate you, I just want the LAK to miss the playoffs. :sarcasm: We can settle this Tuesday. I have been waiting for this game and will be in attendance. :fence:

Well can you start rooting for the Kings as your second team after this year then? I hear we're pretty cool :sarcasm:

Whiskeypete

Jul 14, 2010
Chicago
happy to see Jack making it there. i watch some CLB games here and there, just to catch JJ and see how he's doing.

cbjgirl

Just thinking
Jan 19, 2006
about last summer.

I don't think that most CBJ fans hate the Kings. Jeff Carter on the other hand... We just want the Kings to stink this year (and the Rangers too) so that we can maximize the 3 first rounders. Nothing personal.

cbjgirl

Just thinking
Jan 19, 2006
about last summer.
He played 34:59 today in their regulation victory over Detroit. That's amazing.

I'm expecting more of the same if not more tomorrow. Nikitin and Aucoin were out, Wisniewski got hurt in the game on Saturday and Moore now has a "lower body injury" from practice today. In the course of a week the defense went from:

Tyutin - Nikitin
Johnson - Wisniewski
Aucoin - Moore

to some combo of:
Tyutin - Savard
Johnson - Erixon
Holden - Goloubef

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->